Why so popular - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #21
Chuluun

Best bike in its class (I test rode all of them), and one of the best value bikes around in terms of buying, running and maintaining. A good looking, decent handling bike with zero issues (I consider the stator a maintenance item). And it's not a bike you ever feel 'inadequate' on, if that matters to you.
Chuluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
ErnieC
Top Contributor

Garage

After reading all this I have to also agree with this list, I bought mine for the shear fact of it's look and when I sat on it I could put my feet flat on the ground.
ErnieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
mska1092

I agree with all the above I love My bike
Britt Signature Series drag pipes -Chrome
Debadged and reflectors removed
Cobra Alt. cover
Cobra rear master cylinder cover Chrome
Ness Tear Drop Mirrors
Cobra Vulcan Brake reservior cover chrome
Chrome Horn Cover
Ferro Industries Chrome Radiator Cover
Ness Big Sucker
Cobra FI 2000 Fuel Processor 4-2-0
Throttle plate Mod
Galfer Braided Lines Front & Rear
Barons Rad Kaw Drag bars
Saddlemen Renegade Delux Solo Seat
mska1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

+1 with all the lists. What I have found is the 900 is a great platform to customize from no matter your personal taste. This bike can take on many different looks.....
Bobber
Bagger
Light touring
Full touring (i.e. fairing, trunk, hard saddlebags)

It's versatile.... and on this forum I think we have seen them all....

2010 900 Classic
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #25
Akgeezer

What they said! It's all good!
Akgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #26
whiting57
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
The Vulcan 900 is the epitome is 'one size fits all'. It's a bike that really can do just about anything, at least halfway. It can tour across the country for thousands of miles with trailer in tow, it can cram along urban streets and fight traffic, it can carve up corners. It can't do the long haul like a goldwing or the urban streets like a scooter or the corners like a sportbike, but it does an excellent job of being a capable bike in any situation, even if it's not the best bike for the situation.

It's also, in my mind, the PERFECT beginners bike. This was my first bike. It's a bike that was tame and easy, and I could learn on. But, not, I can and have taken it all around the state, and neighboring states, on trips lasting hundreds of miles. A big fuel tank, decent size to the bike, and great fuel economy makes it an excellent tourer. With hard bags and a trunk, the wife and I have taken this bad boy all over the place. We've packed for weeks onto the bike, including laptop, DSLR Camera, enough clothes to not have to do laundry once, and rode interstates, back roads, and everything in between on the way to our various destinations. Not many bikes can do that, do it comfortably, and STILL be something a new rider can learn on.
plus 1 .... while it is not a bike that does all things great, it does however, do most things well

2009 Classic LT Bagger... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer.

2010 Custom ... Mutazu Luggage, Pirelli 200 Rear, Saddleman Solo Seat, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Batwing Fairing, Cobra FI2000 Power Pro, freedom performance exhaust
whiting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #27
seniorbiker

When choosing the Vulcan 900, did anyone compare it to the Yamaha Star 950? You give up water cooling, but you gain 50cc. Just wondering because I am shopping for this size bike.
seniorbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #28
crazyj
Lifetime Premium

I don't think the few cc of gain (and, maybe 2-3hp???) is worth the extra heat and risk of engine damage (although there is less maintenance). Bottom line, though, is try them both and get the one that feels like the better fit for you.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #29
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorbiker View Post
When choosing the Vulcan 900, did anyone compare it to the Yamaha Star 950? You give up water cooling, but you gain 50cc. Just wondering because I am shopping for this size bike.
What are they actual CC's of the bikes? Most companies tend to round them. Like a 1600 kaw is actually 1552. The V2K is the only exception that I have seen. It is 2053 and they rounded it down to 2000.

The 900 is 903 and the 950 Yamaha is 942 so that is only 39 cc's difference.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #30
AZPoseur

I did compare the VN 900 Classic LT and other Vulcans to the Vstar 950. I liked the Yamaha a lot, nice bike. I liked the Vulcan more. It won on looks, riding, price, mechanics and comfort. The Vstar won on fuel economy. I think for me the saddlebags cinched it.
Advertisement