What's your favorite comeback line?? - Page 6 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #51
doubleminded

I dont say anything.I have owned 2 harleys.it does no good to argue with a die hard harley fan.harleys are designed to fail.Planned obsolescence.More money for them.less riding time for you.
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #52
Chuck Stardust
Lifetime Premium

I am always told that Harleys are American and that AMERICAN is the best...I reply that mine is an Allie bike and that ALLIE bikes are incredibly reliable and very affordable. It may not seem strong, but they always walk away with a strange look that implies MAYBE I'm actually on to something!
One time I asked this question...
American women are gorgeous, NO DOUBT, BUT how do they treat a man? How do Japanese women treat their men? My girl (Bike) is Japanese, THEREFORE she treats me GREAT!!!

Last edited by Chuck Stardust; 12-18-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
Chuck Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #53
Vandy

Garage

Yup, that sure is custom!!! What's up will the skulls?

Last edited by Vandy; 12-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #54
doubleminded

One thing you will never see.A guy that owns a harley trying to make his bike look and sound like a kawasaki.A friend of mine and i who are senior citizen riders have both owned harleys,one I had incredible amounts of money in,he had over $25,000 in his.Both were beautiful,both were comfortable,both had great sound, but they both needed expensive repairs more than once.Even though i had warranty as did he, it gets expensive even paying the copay but more problematic and irritating is the down time with no bike.And if you break down in claude texas, or bumfuk michigan what you gonna do? Jap bikes could do that also, but statistically they do that much less often than harleys.Thats my 2 cents.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #55
Phil in Maine

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
I'd venture to guess that HD makes WAY more profit on the stuff then they do the bikes.
I can certainly speak at the dealership level that their motorcloths are quite profitable, especially in higher traffic stores. As well as parts and accesories.Used bikes though are mission critical at the dealership level.

I am a CPA and the firm I worked for last had a bunch of HD dealerships as clients so I have spent a lot of time with their books.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #56
CycloneRider

Garage

Love this one too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
I bought the Kawasaki because I was a little leery of buying a motorcycle at a clothing store.
I usually say one of these:

"I couldn't commit to the sleeve and mullet"
"a fool and his money......"
"do-rags look stupid on my head"
"nice bike...was your outfit financed too?"

I wish I could kiss my mom(RIP) for making the decision to not train me to dress myself with garanimals so I could someday handle it on my own.

I have been a life long Kawasaki fan since I was about 4 or 5 and surprisingly I do not own a single t-shirt, jacket, gloves, tattoo, toothbrush or overpriced limited edition pickup with green K's all over it.

Current Bike:
2002 VN800C Drifter

Past Bikes:
'95 VN800A Customized
'96 VN800B-Wrecked parts bike
'96 VN800B Mostly Stock with V&H pipes and air cleaner
'97 VN800B-High mileage project never finished
'99 VN800B Customized

"Kawasaki ....let the good times roll"
CycloneRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement