December BOTM entry thread! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Vulcan Forums > Vulcan Forums Bike of the Month

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage
Default December BOTM entry thread!

Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

Also note that if you are new to the forums, you will not be able to vote in the contest until you have accumulated 15 posts

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Graywalker

Talking My Vulcan

Setting the entry bar pretty low

Year: 2009
Model: Vulcan 1700 Classic
Eng size: 1700cc
Pipes: Stock (going to keep stock or make it quieter)
Seat: Stock (Mustangs look good, but stock is comfy so far)
Wheels: Stock
Accessories: Windshield (came with). Going to get a Cobra short round sissy bar (with pad), Saddlemen Wide Sport Tunnel Bag and a Daytona Gear Magnetic Tank Bag soon.

I have always wanted a motorcycle. At 40, I was finally financially stable enough to get one and still have shelter and food at the same time.

So, having gotten several "always wanted" things, I figured that I had better be sure before laying the money down. I got a cheap, Chinese 150cc scooter to make sure that I even liked riding on two wheels. I LOVED it. So, I started looking and reading and watching videos. I took the MSF Riding Course.

My first thought was the Honda Shadow Spirit (600cc), then I was looking at the Suzuki C50 (800cc). I did a 200 mile round trip to as many of the motorcycle dealerships in the area that I could find. A Suzuki dealership didn't have any Suzuki cruisers.... but they did have a brand new, never been sold 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic (with an added windshield). Salesman said he would take $1000 off the already marked down price. Riding coach said I should get the 1700. Wife said "Get it now!" before it was sold. I called the next business day and said I wanted it and was getting the loan ready. Salesman said at least three people wanted to buy it after that. But it was mine.

A little over three weeks later, I am over 500 miles of riding and still Loving it!
(I got on the scooter yesterday evening to do a test ride before selling it and the scooter is terrifying! Its so small!! ...and so SOLD!)

"The Overlook" on the Natchez Trace

Riverbend on the Natchez Trace

With the Scooter it replaced

Another angle with the scooter

I did use some chrome pointed license plate fasteners I bought at a Flying J truck stop.

and my first 'accessory' - a kickstand shoe.

(Can enlarge pics at My Blog Entry.)

Any Day on Two Wheels is Just Better.

Cernunnos protects me, Cerridwyn Inspires me.

Ride for Fun, Have Fun Riding!
_____

Last edited by Graywalker; 12-11-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added More Pics, Pic descriptions
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Nice story.

I'm glad you found a nice bike, and one that makes you happy (and make the wallet happy also).

how about some more pics of it though.

2004 Vulcan 2000
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
417vulcan
BOTM Winner, October/2012

Just realized that for the last three months the winner has had Freedom Performance pipes. I knew they were good looking pipes...

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom

Mods: Freedom Performance exhaust, Thunder Mfg Tornado Intake, Cobra Fi2000R and alot of chrome goodies
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
rusty_is_riding4life

Hey Gray, congrats on your new bike. Thats a great bike with a sweet motor that will last you a really really long time! As for setting the bar low, Id say no way. thats a good bike with a good story, as for the shiny stuff, you can do all that over time and really make the bike your own style. Costomizing is half the fun of bike ownership! Good luck Gray.

RIDE ON BROS!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
street325

Default BOTM Entry

My name is Aaron and I have been riding for many years from the west coast to the east. I live in Dequincy, La. and work in a Petrochemical plant as an Instrument and Controls Technician. I ride a 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic that I have added some enhancements too!!! Thie is a great Beast of a bike and love riding it. I have just moved over to the Darkside and loving it so far!! Ple
ase vote for me if you like what I have done!!! Thank's and ride Safe!!
My Bike-
Year-2007
Model-Vulcan 2000 Classic
Engine size-2053cc
Pipes-Cobra Longshots
Seat-Nothing special yet, Airhawk II
Wheels-Stock wheels show chromed, rotors show chromed
Accessories-PCIII USB,Baron BAK,Chrome controls,levers and Skeleton mirrors,Diamond LED Blinkers,Curved LED license plate holder,Chrome rotor covers,rear axle nut covers, Spike adj.nut covers,tuxedo tail,smoked taillight and blacked out bottom windshield(National Cycles),Jardine Ca. floorboards,skull brake pedal,shifter knob covers,Nitto NT450 225/50/r16 Vrated Extreme Performance rear tire, resistor mod kit, Dyno'd at Third coast speed @ 117HP and 135 Torque, Very Impressive Beast!!!!!
*Just installed Mustang Studded wide touring seat, it's awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	046.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	14512   Click image for larger version

Name:	047.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	14513   Click image for larger version

Name:	053.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	14514   Click image for larger version

Name:	057.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	14515   Click image for larger version

Name:	059.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	14516  

Old 12-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #7
xxxxxxxxxxxxDeny!!

Default Custom Vulcan from Melbourne

Hi all,
Please consider my almost finished project.
My name is Fernando and I am a Technical & Warranty Analyst for Mazda Australia.

Here are some details of my bike:

Year: it's a 2008
Model: Customised Custom
Eng size: 900
Pipes: Some unknown made in Chine brand.
Seat: Custom made from the original one
Wheels: Stock, painted.
Accessories: La Rosa Leather bag

And the story:
I am located in Melbourne, Australia and I got this motorcycle a few months ago, not running with the electrics looking like a confused plate of spaghetti.
After a few days of trial and error and with the good help of the Internets, I finally heard it purr for the first time.
Unfortunately the previous owner attempted to modify it and basically stuffed just about anything he touched.
After a lot of sorting, including the shape of the fuel tank, and the addition of a old style rear guard and old style light, I have now almost finished it
I had to so some fabrication to be able to brace the back of the frame and at the same time mount my newly shaped seat.
Also, the way the rear mudguard is mounted took some creation, specially where if mounts to the front part of the swing arm. All mounting hardware was hand made.
The current mufflers is again different to what is showing on the photos but not by much.
Anyway, please comment as you will and thank you for watching
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-24.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	14518   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-29.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	14519   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-30.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	14520   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-31.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	14521   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	14526  

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxDeny!!; 12-08-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #8
rusty_is_riding4life

Deny, thatS a real nice bike! I was reading your write up in my email, and it sound like a wreck that had been hack up and piece together, then i saw the pics in forum and WOW! Im not sure what else you have to do but it looks pretty dam good so far. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

P.S. Did you do the paint work?

Last edited by rusty_is_riding4life; 12-09-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: spelling and question on paint.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #9
xxxxxxxxxxxxDeny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_is_riding4life View Post
Deny, thatS a real nice bike! I was reading your write up in my email, and it sound like a wreck that had been hack up and piece together, then i saw the pics in forum and WOW! Im not sure what else you have to do but it looks pretty dam good so far. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

P.S. Did you do the paint work?
Hey mate.
Thank you for your kind comments.
I wish that I could claim ownership of the paint job but beside the black parts, all the other parts like tank and that were done professionally.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
KEWOOSKI

Great looking bikes, guys. Deny, can you tell us about your rear fender. It looks like it was made for the 900.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread