caddman mod sound - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
pittdave

Default caddman mod sound

OK.. we all know once you go to the caddman mod with the intake, you're going to have a louder, more airy intake sound. I have gone with the half-caddman and by no means do I not like the sound, but I do have one question. Right now, I just have the Spectre air filter in place. I would like to know if it can be any quieter with either going to the KN filter or to the Thunder or Baron air kit. Or are they all about the same and the upscale kits do nothing more than drain your wallet

PD
pittdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Steammaker
BOTM Winner, April 2014

I dont remember a different type of filter making any difference.
You might try buying some standard lawnmower fuel line, about 16"(I bought 24")
at least. Cut that in half then put those pieces of hose on the ICS solenoid
intakes & run them into the crossover tube. It's a kind of bandaid,
takes the sound & moves it to the other side thats still enclosed...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
pittdave

I have the ICS removed so that won't help. This is strictly the sound of the air going to the intake
pittdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
mc_88

Honestly, I can't hear any difference over my pipes....

So get louder pipes? lol
mc_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
MJ 21A

With the caddman mod, the sound is the same with the K and N or Spectre filters. If you go with the aftermaket Thunder or Baron air mod the sound is def but I do not think any quieter. Check out the Chucksters intake mod like the caddman but you change the back plate, use a smaller K and N air filter and the stock air filter cover, I would think that would be the most quiet, has you have a smaller filter, so less air going in. I never tried it so I do not realy know, just adding to your opps.
2007, 1600 Nomad, Black and Chrome, Fairing/windshield w/Laminar lip, Cycle Sound Housing w/Stereo/GPS, Throttle lock/Assist, Handlebar raisers, HD chrome fork lowers, Head Light Modulator, Driving fog/spot lights, Trunk w/ top rack, backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, DeBaffled pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake, K&N air filter, FI2000, Top and side rails on bags. Foot pegs, Wolo horn, extra running lights in back, Some pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.

Last edited by MJ 21A; 12-13-2012 at 09:05 AM.
MJ 21A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Busboy

MJ, I've got the Chucksters air filter mod on my Classic and you can still hear the air being sucked in to the engine. I think no matter wot u do after changing from stock air setup, u will still hear the noise of air being sucked into the engine. There's no way of quieting it down.
It's just like the old carby engines in cars wen u took of the air cleaner n reved the engine, u can always hear the air being sucked in.......
Vulcan VN1600 Classic '06
Fitted: tachometer, genuine windshield, K Drive hard bags, upgraded Meanstreak clutch spring with Judges washers, Cobra Speedster Longshots, Dobeck TFI controller, Chucksters air filter plate, Mustang seats with drivers backrest.

Up coming items: volt meter, oil and temp gauges.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Busboy

Actually, probably the only way u may be able to quieten the noise down would be to fit a different cover over the filter so that there is only a small inlet hole much like the air cleaners of old cars where they had like a snorkel/tube attached to the filter housing that protruded from the housing.
Vulcan VN1600 Classic '06
Fitted: tachometer, genuine windshield, K Drive hard bags, upgraded Meanstreak clutch spring with Judges washers, Cobra Speedster Longshots, Dobeck TFI controller, Chucksters air filter plate, Mustang seats with drivers backrest.

Up coming items: volt meter, oil and temp gauges.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement