Walmart Oil Filter - Page 19 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > Oil and Lubrication

Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #181
Comanche

Garage

Had to post up just two more.

Don't forget to click on the bubble at the end to watch the 11 filter video.

Last edited by Comanche; 12-08-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Clarification
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #182
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium

I used to just be amused, but now I believe that you guys who lie awake at night worrying about the oil and the oil filters that you're buying for your bikes are truly, genuinely, nuts! How many of you had had a prostate check in the last five years? How many of you know who your state congressmen are, and what they're going to be voting on next? How many of you know who your daughters are talking to on Facebook or other social sites? Really? Oil filters? Really?

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
pacomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #183
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomutt View Post
I used to just be amused, but now I believe that you guys who lie awake at night worrying about the oil and the oil filters that you're buying for your bikes are truly, genuinely, nuts! How many of you had had a prostate check in the last five years? How many of you know who your state congressmen are, and what they're going to be voting on next? How many of you know who your daughters are talking to on Facebook or other social sites? Really? Oil filters? Really?
Careful there Paco how you wield words that are general or inclusive in nature or you will offend someone who reads our posts after us. This was pure amusement for me just like all of the countless other posts on here from people getting overly serious. The funniest part was the guy flipping off the Fram filter as if it were a sentient being and before that being in danger of cutting his own fingers off while using a giant oversized cumbersome bandsaw to cut the unyielding Fram filter top off. The other filters capitulated easily to the saw so no wonder dude got pissed and flipped off the Fram!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #184
TX1677095

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Careful there Paco...
Pay no attention to Paco. He's just upset because his ox keeps getting gored in all those videos.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
TX1677095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #185
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Careful there Paco how you wield words that are general or inclusive in nature or you will offend someone who reads our posts after us. This was pure amusement for me just like all of the countless other posts on here from people getting overly serious. The funniest part was the guy flipping off the Fram filter as if it were a sentient being and before that being in danger of cutting his own fingers off while using a giant oversized cumbersome bandsaw to cut the unyielding Fram filter top off. The other filters capitulated easily to the saw so no wonder dude got pissed and flipped off the Fram!
Well, sorry, but I found nothing amusing about some fat bubba cutting open oil filters on the tailgate of his truck, and waisting ten minutes of my time with his 'scientific' analysis. Show me some tests where they pump a known quantity of oil contaminated with a known particulate size through all these filters at 300% of their rated pressure capacity at a known temperature for 150 hours. THEN, cut them open and measure the results. Which filter trapped more? Which filter's bypass valves opened, and which ones failed?
(Actually, you can watch tests like these on Fram's website, and probably others as well.)
OR, you can watch bubba, and all the other 'scientists' evaluating how they think a filter will perform by what they observe with their cut open filters.
Oh wait, it's on the internet, so is MUST be true!

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
pacomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #186
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomutt View Post
Well, sorry, but I found nothing amusing about some fat bubba cutting open oil filters on the tailgate of his truck, and waisting ten minutes of my time with his 'scientific' analysis. Show me some tests where they pump a known quantity of oil contaminated with a known particulate size through all these filters at 300% of their rated pressure capacity at a known temperature for 150 hours. THEN, cut them open and measure the results. Which filter trapped more? Which filter's bypass valves opened, and which ones failed?
(Actually, you can watch tests like these on Fram's website, and probably others as well.)
OR, you can watch bubba, and all the other 'scientists' evaluating how they think a filter will perform by what they observe with their cut open filters.
Oh wait, it's on the internet, so is MUST be true!
WTF you ranting about Paco? You take this shit way too serious. Everyone needs to CTF down and enjoy the forums again the same way they enjoy their rides, women, guns, whiskey and beer. This forum isn't about taking things personal.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #187
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX1677095 View Post
Pay no attention to Paco. He's just upset because his ox keeps getting gored in all those videos.
That's funny. Thought it was his wife.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #188
Comanche

Garage

Better make myself clear here before anyone tries to take things personal instead of as a joke like I intended.

Number 1: F'ing damned straight I enjoy bikes, women, guns, whiskey and beer as much as the rest and probably even more. I'm wild and crazy that's for sure.

Number 2: I was talking about Bubba's wife. I intentionally left the joke open-ended to see if anyone would be able to think logically that there is NO DIRECT reference as to whose wife it was that I may be referring to. It's a baiting technique to catch those who assume that there is only one view to anything and everything.

Have a good day fellers! I'm out to ride and shoot today and after that I'm stopping at a bar to pick up a chick. Dead serious!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #189
55squarefour

Default to each his own

Comanche, we don't all have the same outlook as you do - basically "pissing in the wind" to see if you get wet ! Some of us take the posts & opinions on this forum seriously, not for amusement. I didn't waste my time watching any of the videos, & agree with Pacomutt about Fram. They have never caused any oil related problems in my vehicles, or my dad's for about the last 40 years or so. I do use other filters, such as AC Delco, Bosch & Honda. So I guess what I am trying to say is if someone is bashing your favorite firearm, maybe a Ruger, or S&W, or Winchester or whatever - you might be disagreeable, too. As I noticed you are a Marine, Sir, I salute you & respect you - and am not offended by your comments about beer, women, etc. But this forum does see alot of views by guys like me - don't drink anymore, am a one woman man ( for 24 years) but also like to properly maintain my bike & ride safe. God Bless
55squarefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #190
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55squarefour View Post
Comanche, we don't all have the same outlook as you do - basically "pissing in the wind" to see if you get wet ! Some of us take the posts & opinions on this forum seriously, not for amusement. I didn't waste my time watching any of the videos, & agree with Pacomutt about Fram. They have never caused any oil related problems in my vehicles, or my dad's for about the last 40 years or so. I do use other filters, such as AC Delco, Bosch & Honda. So I guess what I am trying to say is if someone is bashing your favorite firearm, maybe a Ruger, or S&W, or Winchester or whatever - you might be disagreeable, too. As I noticed you are a Marine, Sir, I salute you & respect you - and am not offended by your comments about beer, women, etc. But this forum does see alot of views by guys like me - don't drink anymore, am a one woman man ( for 24 years) but also like to properly maintain my bike & ride safe. God Bless
SS, that's exactly what I was talking about when I said about people assuming. Too many people including yourself just now have assumed things based on what I just wrote even though I was very clear here. To be specific, you are assuming things about me with your comments and your pissing into the wind diatribes.

I actually conveyed that what was amusing were people taking things way too serious (ergo the videos) and that there are people always trying to assume and do what you suggest. SS, this sure isn't me so you need to go somewhere else with that. I am the type of fellow who will stare into someone's soul and give them point blank truth like a double ought shotgun so there are no airs with me. I am direct and to the point friend. I also said nothing pro or con about any specific brand or that everyone has to agree or disagree with me about anything so again you assumed this about me. I could care less what people choose to do with their rides or the input anyone gets on here off anyone because in the end it is not up to me, you or anyone else to make anyone else's decisions.

Appreciate the respect and I give it freely to anyone (in fact many on here) along with humor but don't try to hide disrespect with feigned respect since all it equates to is someone being glib at the very least. By you assuming I am being amused by you all without being serious is a serious mistake on your part or you thinking that my joke was to offend. If you want to be offended for something genuinely real then I can do that but don't try to find offense where there is none. God Bless you too but if you were serious about that too then you would keep an open mind and try to see where the logic is as opposed to just trying and finding something or someone to fault.

Last edited by Comanche; 12-08-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement