Bikes and guns - Page 17 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #161
madmaverick83

i never leave my house without a gun on me. its not just a matter of if i need it but its my right. i too have a conceal carry permit but its also like this, look at it like insurance its better to have it than not need it then to find you need it and not have it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #162
Corigan

Got a new 1911 American Classic II .45acp today. After a few thousand rounds threw it and it will replace my .38 as my every day carry.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #163
TX1677095

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl40plus View Post
I have had a CCW
If that's true, then I would think that you would know that Texas issues CHLs (Concealed Handgun Licenses), not CCWs (Concealed Carry Weapons?).
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Last edited by TX1677095; 12-07-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #164
TX1677095

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
Hypothetically speaking, of course, if you carry illegally how are you any better than the other common criminal?

In most places these days it's not that hard to get a carry permit. Save yourself the hassle of a conviction that could strip your right to own guns.
In this instance, there's really no such thing as "carrying illegally." God grants our rights and the Second Amendment merely enumerates some, but certainly not all, of them. The "illegal" part enters only when states attempt to immorally and anti-Constitutionally restrict those God-granted rights. Why have we become such weenies?
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #165
AZPoseur

Default Just laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX1677095 View Post
In this instance, there's really no such thing as "carrying illegally." God grants our rights and the Second Amendment merely enumerates some, but certainly not all, of them. The "illegal" part enters only when states attempt to immorally and anti-Constitutionally restrict those God-granted rights. Why have we become such weenies?
Here is a good demonstration of the difference between unlawful and illegal and lawful and legal. A state can legislate something and make it illegal, or they can legislate and make something legal. So, a state, or a few cities, can make it illegal to own certain firearms. What they cannot do is make it unlawful, or lawful. Law, as differentiated for statutes, goes back to natural and constitutional rights. Slavery was legal in this country up until 1865 when the 13th amendment was adopted. However, it was never right and therefore never lawful under natural law even though it was lawful under the Constitution.

Self defense is another natural right. Government can never take that right away even though many think they can. When the robber goes into Autozone and puts a gun to the manager's head both the manager and others have the right to defend him regardless of statutes or Autozone policy.

This is also why we have the right of trial by jury in this country. I am not going to argue for jury nullification, but a jury has the absolute right to listen to the law evaluate the evidence and decide a man is not guilty even though he clearly violated a statute.

Canadians did not stand up for their natural rights and now they can be jailed for defending themselves with a slab of bacon. Some things you do have to be ready to die for.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #166
tl40plus

Quote:
If that's true, then I would think that you would know that Texas issues CHLs (Concealed Handgun Licenses), not CCWs (Concealed Carry Weapons?).
My mistake TX1677095. I was simply replying to a previous post that used the term CCW. After all, it's all just verbage in the big picture. But I did make a mistake about Kahr not making the TP9 anymore. they do indeed still make a TP9, TP40 & TP45!
LeatherLyke Traditional Saddlebags
Kuryakyn ISO "Flame" Grips
Kuryakyn "Flame" Brake Pedal
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
Irate "Flame" Chrome Radiator Grille
Cobra Fatty Highway Bars
Cobra Short Sissy Bar w/Chrome "Tribal" Backplate
Cobra Swept Passenger Floorboards
Baron "Flame" Chrome Reservoir Covers
Chrome "Flame" License Plate Cover
PhatRisers II "Flame"
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #167
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, there is, despite your opinion.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #168
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPoseur View Post
Here is a good demonstration of the difference between unlawful and illegal and lawful and legal. .
What's the point other than semantics? With regard to punishment there is no practical difference between unlawful and illegal.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #169
AZPoseur

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
What's the point other than semantics? With regard to punishment there is no practical difference between unlawful and illegal.
It might be just semantics to you, but not to me and many others. Right and wrong are not determined by statute, or even by punishment. You go ahead and surrender your rights. Put up a sign.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #170
whoaru99
Top Contributor

The point is it's semantics under the law, by which you will be judged if it comes down to that.

Previously someone mentioned God. Hopefully nobody is really going to push that point because where does Gods law allow you to kill someone? Last time I checked the 6th Commandment I didn't see a footnote to "Thou shalt not kill." .

So, in fact, it is man's law/statute that allows you to kill in certain circumstances (at least without going to prison, anyway), not God's law. All the rhetoric doesn't change that.

Last edited by whoaru99; 12-09-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread