Realistic pricing for a 2013 classic LT? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #11
kennola

My out the door price (tax, tag, title,prep) for a 2013 LT was $9727. They also offered 20% off for any accesories. Don't know if that's the best I could have done but I thought it was fair and I'm completly satisfied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #12
leonardgray

Garage

Also, if you have a Costco and are a member, might want to buy through their program. Saved a little over $600 on the bike (2012) AND got a $200 Costco cash card to boot.
leonardgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #13
Cyclesarge

I believe the "rule of thumb" on next year's model this year is, you pay whatever they are asking. If I HAVE to buy new I look for a non-current year model first. Even the discounted asking price for a new old stock bike is more flexible than the price of a 2013. I will also go for aftermarket upgrades over more expensive factory upgrades, since they tend to be better anyway. HERE a new 2011 Classic can be had for $6999 and you could most likely get them to add any accessories added in for a discounted price as well.
Cyclesarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Graybush
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclesarge View Post
I believe the "rule of thumb" on next year's model this year is, you pay whatever they are asking.
Sort of like this:

Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #15
Denis

It's always harder to negotiate on newer models. I was able to get a luggage rack at cost price installed and 20% off accessories for a year which was a no brainer since they gave that to every new buyer at my end. The bike was very competitively priced even though it was $300 dollars cheaper at another dealer 1 hr away. They wouldn't budge...however, you got to think of where your going to go if you have problems.

It's much easier to get larger discounts on left over models...if there are any! At my end, they sell these like hot cakes. That's why they don't budge much. They know they will sell it. I have yet to see a left over model...even getting the color you want is difficult, you get what's left. A testomony to the popularity of this bike.

If you know what to look for, private owner deals could be excellent. It takes no time at all to mount up the $$$ on accessories and you can bet you're bottom dollar that you'll put some on. You get the basics at the dealer but that's the tip of the iceberg. It's seldom that a seller will get much back out of the cost of accessories. The bike is bullet proof and thus unless it's been beatten up real bad, there in good shape. Just got to know what to look for.

On another note, 2013 models got a price hike...about $300.00 As well, there have been some changes, mostly cosmetic, however, if you like chrome, the later models have alot more "blacked" out. Something to consider.

Good Luck!
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Stephut66

Garage

When I was looking for my bike, EVERY dealer I went to had great deals on left-over stock. My bike was still in the box and had to be built from shipping. Point is new is new, Plus I saved BIG TIME!
Stephut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #17
evodog

My bike was 2012 vulcan 900 custom MSRP 8699 and i got it out the door 8600....100 dollar down payment. got it this year april. i calculate from invoice plue tax...thats all i pay...somewhere close to that.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
evodog

I found it !!! 2012 Vulcan 900 classic LT invoice 8264. so you use 8264 + 8.75% tax in CA, it comes out 8987. so make another 300 for dealers to do their paper works and etc....you can get OTD everything include for 9300 OTD price.....hunt around at lease 6 dealer e-mail tham. you will get it.....i got my invoice plus tax and another 250....came out 8600....not bad.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
seniorbiker

Wow, now you folks gave me alot of options........hey but that is good. There is no rush, winter weather coming fast in New Jersey (best time to buy though),and if I need a 2-wheel fix, I know my trusty 2006 Vulcan classic is always ready to go.

Well, time to ponder, search craigslist, cycletrader, etc., and thank you all for the quick and helpful replies.
seniorbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
V-Rider

Garage
Default an option?

One option for you? http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30504 I also sent you a PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement