Anyone own or have ever owned a Victory? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
KawaVulcan

Default Anyone own or have ever owned a Victory?

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone owns or previously owned a Victory? If so, what did you think? I currently own a 900 Custom and have been looking to upgrade to a larger bike. I found a 2010 Victory Cross Country with tour pack for $11K. It looks to be in great shape and I'm thinking about checking it out tomorrow. I have read and received tons of great advice on the Vulcan Forums, and was hoping to get some great advice on the Victory's. Thanks!

Oh and by the way, I haven't completely written off a larger Vulcan. I'm just exploring all my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags
Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
KawaVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaVulcan View Post
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone owns or previously owned a Victory? If so, what did you think? I currently own a 900 Custom and have been looking to upgrade to a larger bike. I found a 2010 Victory Cross Country with tour pack for $11K. It looks to be in great shape and I'm thinking about checking it out tomorrow. I have read and received tons of great advice on the Vulcan Forums, and was hoping to get some great advice on the Victory's. Thanks!

Oh and by the way, I haven't completely written off a larger Vulcan. I'm just exploring all my options.
Sweet looking rides. Ridden a couple and they're OK but never thought about owning one. My next bike will be an Indian.

Here is a link to a recent thread:

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...hlight=victory

Check these forums out for more info:

Victory Forums
http://www.victoryforums.com/

Victory Motorcycle Club
http://www.thevmc.com/start.html

Last edited by Comanche; 12-07-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Graybush
Top Contributor

I love the looks of most of the Victory bikes but if I bought one it would probably be a Cross Country or Cross Country Tour. I did a demo day in October and rode both of them. I thought I would leave having to have one but I didn't. I'm not saying I didn't like them, not at all, but it didn't sell me on their bikes. I'm still considering one in a couple of years but I'm also looking at some other choices.

I know we have some people who ride Victory bikes who can tell you a lot more than I can, but here are my impressions from the test ride.

Victory Demo Day today
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
KawaVulcan

I've rode them at the Victory Demo Days and have even test rode a demo the dealer had. I really liked the bike, but I didn't like the price tag on a new one. My main concerns are long term maintenance and reliability. I know the 900 is virtually bullet proof, but what about the Victory's? Thanks again!

Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
Dadinator
Top Contributor

My best buddies have a cross country. 2011 model. They bought it late 2010.

They love it.

They previously had a VTX1800 that they customized into a tourer.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
KawaVulcan

OK, so I test rode the Victory Cross Country and well, it's not sitting in my garage. The ergonomics on the Victory are totally different than my 900 Custom and that would definitely take some getting used to. I will say this though, it's probably the best handling bike for slow speed maneuvering I've ever experienced. Anyway, after 15 minutes I got more comfortable on the XCountry, but then I got stuck in traffic. Being air cooled, the bike got hot between my legs and I didn't care for that at all. I don't know, the Victory just didn't feel like a 'fit' to me. When I rode home, my 900 Custom felt like an old glove and smile came back to my face.

I think I'll be keeping my eyes out for a Nomad, Vaquero or a Voyager and sticking with Kawasaki.

Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
KEWOOSKI

I'd like to test ride a High Ball or Judge. I sat on each of them but never got to take them out on the road. Not in the market for a new bike yet but I really like those two.
KEWOOSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
angelo
Top Contributor

Are they generally considered more reliable than modern Haleys after say 50K miles?
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog http://leroylanes.blogspot.com/
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
Are they generally considered more reliable than modern Haleys after say 50K miles?
now thats setting the bar pretty low !!!! lol
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
Strompilot
Top Contributor

While the Victory may be hot while sitting in traffic, don't kid yourself about the Nomad being much cooler. My '10 Nomad threw off plenty of thigh roasting heat while sitting in traffic. Those are all big engines and they all put off a lot of heat. Doesn't help that the rear cylinder is right by your upper legs and that the rear exhaust pipe comes out right next to your inner leg as well. If you want to graduate up to a larger bike, more heat is just part of the package.

'09 650 VStrom
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement