scootwork front pully - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
WhiteWi
BOTM Winner, March 2013

Garage

What vibration r u talking about? I don't get any until I am going 70 and up. For city riding this bike doesn't need shit. I was doing 90 on it and vibration was the last thing I felt. Just wait until u need new tires and get urself 200 on the back.
WhiteWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWi View Post
What vibration r u talking about? I don't get any until I am going 70 and up. For city riding this bike doesn't need shit. I was doing 90 on it and vibration was the last thing I felt. Just wait until u need new tires and get urself 200 on the back.
He maybe speaking about the 900s buzzy feel at 65-70mph. It's the nature of our high revving 900s. 4100rpm at 70. With my set up (both pulleys) it's 3600rpm at 70, but it's a completely different feel (don't feel any buzzing in my hands). Agree. replacing the tire (when required) will improve the rpms a bit, and for city riding, that maybe perfect.

2010 900 Classic
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
Collinba

Garage

Get the Scootworks front pully. You'll be glad that you did. Much more comfortable all through the range. Vibration, power, need for an extra gear, etc., is all personal feel and subjective. I had all the same complaints as you. I put the Scootworks front pully on and love it. Not just at 65 mph put all the way through the range. I think I'll put the back one on as well.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinba View Post
Get the Scootworks front pully. You'll be glad that you did. Much more comfortable all through the range. Vibration, power, need for an extra gear, etc., is all personal feel and subjective. I had all the same complaints as you. I put the Scootworks front pully on and love it. Not just at 65 mph put all the way through the range. I think I'll put the back one on as well.
You'll like having the rear as well. My wife is riding with me (2 up) these days, and there is no issue with power, starting out, etc. Actually, I like what it does to the gearing through out all gears (stretchs them out), longer range between shifts. Cruising at 65, and I need to pass, I just drop down a gear, roll on the throttle and away we go....

2010 900 Classic
Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evodog View Post
Thank!!!! that chart helps a lot. I changed tire to 200/70-15 and look at the chart. the MPH only go up like 2mph, so when i use to ride 50 mph is feel vibrate.
after i change the tire and i should ride at 48 and its low vibration but go about the same MPH.

200/70-15 on 2850 RPM = 50.9MPH
170/70-15 on 2850 RPM = 48.7MPH

so when i get the biger tire if i ride the same speed the vibration would lower down. just a bit.....not a lot.

will i really feel it ? or i will have to change two pulley and rear tire all at the same time to see a big difference.

hum.....what do you guys say ? SW pulley is like hit and miss to everyone.
this bike is my only trasportation and i ride to work everyday.
I can't have it mess-up from the pulley or I'm F-ed.
Since you do alot of city riding, start with the rear tire if you are concerned with replacing the pulley. You'll feel some difference (maybe not so much at 65mph, but certainly at 50-60 range). You'd gain more with the front pulley, but understand you can't be down.

For me it hit the mark right out of the gate, then added the second pulley a month later.

BTW, Baron's makes a front pulley for our Vulcans and it's cheaper.

2010 900 Classic
Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
evodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
Since you do alot of city riding, start with the rear tire if you are concerned with replacing the pulley. You'll feel some difference (maybe not so much at 65mph, but certainly at 50-60 range). You'd gain more with the front pulley, but understand you can't be down.

For me it hit the mark right out of the gate, then added the second pulley a month later.

BTW, Baron's makes a front pulley for our Vulcans and it's cheaper.
Yeah i almost forget Baron's. are there people complaint abut Baron's pulley making noise or chipping ?

I know SW does.....lol

Its not the time to swap out the rear tire just yet and if i do just because i want to. my wife is going to bitXX at me. i got no place to hide the extra tire.
but the pulley i can hide.....lol
Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evodog View Post
Yeah i almost forget Baron's. are there people complaint abut Baron's pulley making noise or chipping ?

I know SW does.....lol

Its not the time to swap out the rear tire just yet and if i do just because i want to. my wife is going to bitXX at me. i got no place to hide the extra tire.
but the pulley i can hide.....lol
LOL... have not heard of any so far. The SW pulley fixed their issues last year or longer. I have had no issues, noise or otherwise. Agree, pulley is easier to hide....

2010 900 Classic
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
mdsimon80

Garage

Just replaced my Dunlap 180/70-15 with a Shinko 230 Tour Master 170/80-15 hope it will give me a little more speed in fifth. Tire cost a little over $100.00.
So, the 170/80 has a 1 cm higher sidewall. That equates to 2 cm larger diameter than stock - about .8 inch. Can't wait till spring to try it out.
mdsimon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #19
evodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
LOL... have not heard of any so far. The SW pulley fixed their issues last year or longer. I have had no issues, noise or otherwise. Agree, pulley is easier to hide....
Okay, so i guess the conclusion will be first the front pulley than 2nd the rear tire. if still not enought than final rear pulley.

So...here comes the big question........How do i change the pulley if the belt is so tight ??? take the pulley out is no question, the hard part is how to put it back in the way should be and the belt tension......i do not have tension checker. or i should just order it and let the professional do it.
but i wonder how much would they charge for it. any idea ?

I checked on the parts diagram from kawi and its not hard.....just i'm not sure how to proper adjust the belt.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #20
evodog

I found the baron's front pulley from phat and 149.99 is pretty reasonable deal. best thing is order tomorrow before 3Pm i will get it the next day. free shipping baby!!! they are close to me about 1.5hr away. I like their service.

now....what kind of material Baron's pulley made off ??? steel like kawi ? or aluminum like SW ?? also i have to call my mac to see how much they charge to put it on when i get it.
anyone have idea how much did you pay for installation ?
Advertisement