Signing off!... Nomad accessories for sale! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
silverspurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strompilot View Post
Hey Silverspurs--I guess you paid a visit to Snake River Yamaha and they treated you well. That is a great dealership. I was in there often and that's where I bought my '06 900 Classic. Good folks there.

Actually I purchased a leftover 2012 Raven bike from Cycle City in Mountain Home... they were offering a great price. Snake River Yam is a good dealer, but they didn't have any 2012's

I was seriously tempted by that Super ten last year. I really couldn't have afforded it then, but if my wife had given the go ahead, I'd have figured out a way. I like the re-design of the front fairing area for 2013.

I wasn't aware there were any changes other than color for the 2013 models??

I suppose you will now become a loyal and frequent haunter of Happy Trails, eh what? That's a great place, too.

I had my KLR for a couple of years now... so Happy Trails knows me by NAME!! I've dropped a lot of cash there... picked up my luggage racks for the Super Ten there on Wed.

Now, when the weather warms up and the snow is all gone, pack that thing up, head down to Grandview and take a weekend tour over the Idaho Back Country Byway. Come out at Jordan Valley, then his Succor Creek Road and spend a night at Leslie Gorge (I think that's the name) and then blast up toward Homedale and back on into Boise. I did that a couple years ago on my VStrom. Great trip.

Love the Owyhee backcountry byway... we do a lot of riding out there... part of the reason the Nomad had to go... just not versatile enough!!

And congrats!!
Thanks!! we'll have to get together for ride!

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Big Reyn

PM sent on the shock pump.
Big Reyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Thanks!! we'll have to get together for ride!
Yeah, it looks like, from the advertisement, that Yamaha made some changes to the front fairing design. Looks pretty good. I like the SuperTen, and I like the adv. touring bike style anyway. Must be why I like my VStrom as much as I do.

As for that ride, now you have the perfect bike for a ride up to Alaska on the Alaska Hwy!! Now there would be an adventure, for sure. Just sayin'......

'09 650 VStrom
Sharing my wife's '09 Classic LT (sold)
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
ksblaster

Hey, I did that but got a hernia picking up my loaded KLR650 which is the BEST adventurer, parts-accessories EVERYWHERE and cheap cause if you really adventure you will get stuck---fallover----slide down---sometimes on the bike like a sled. I'm 60 now been riding for 45yrs and yes have flown like superman and looked down wondering where those handle bars went. You will crash !!!! if you adventure. SO my other adventurer is a brand new HONDA XR200 I bought in the Philippines and is now in my front room of my house there. Guess what ? I've lost control 2 times in six weeks when I was there, broke off a mirror and bent the clutch release arm. When its dark, raining, you are alone, maybe half drunk you will hate picking up a heavy toad from the middle of a creek. Hehehe I know...
ksblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #15
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksblaster View Post
Hey, I did that but got a hernia picking up my loaded KLR650 which is the BEST adventurer, parts-accessories EVERYWHERE and cheap cause if you really adventure you will get stuck---fallover----slide down---sometimes on the bike like a sled. I'm 60 now been riding for 45yrs and yes have flown like superman and looked down wondering where those handle bars went. You will crash !!!! if you adventure. SO my other adventurer is a brand new HONDA XR200 I bought in the Philippines and is now in my front room of my house there. Guess what ? I've lost control 2 times in six weeks when I was there, broke off a mirror and bent the clutch release arm. When its dark, raining, you are alone, maybe half drunk you will hate picking up a heavy toad from the middle of a creek. Hehehe I know...

But probably not much chance of that on a ride to Alaska since the road is paved all the way. There are some interesting unpaved possibilities along the way that might have one taking an unplanned get off somewhere. But the road, although paved, can be rough where the spring thaw after winter results in some interesting frost heaves.

'09 650 VStrom
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
silverspurs

Default Prices Reduced... thanks

I've lowered some of the prices on these items over in the "for sale" area... I'll list them there another week, then they go on Ebay... thanks!!

here's a link:

http://tinyurl.com/cq5nm7u

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
There are some great folks on this site and I'm going to miss ya'll... hope it'll be ok if I come by and "lurk" once in while...
Absolutely. We have lots of non-vulcan, and even non-motorcycle owners on this forum. Stick around. Nowhere does it say you have to ride a Vulcan to hang out here.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Absolutely. We have lots of non-vulcan, and even non-motorcycle owners on this forum. Stick around. Nowhere does it say you have to ride a Vulcan to hang out here.
Yeah, I second that. I don't have a Vulcan anymore, ride a VStrom. But I do share riding privileges on my wife's 900LT, which I particularly enjoy riding. It's nice to be able to make a switch from time to time.

So don't go away. Besides, we're interested in knowing about your adventures on the S10!

'09 650 VStrom
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
silverspurs

just updating the original post as a couple of the items have sold... thanks!

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #20
silverspurs

i just updated the original post with another item sold... anyone need a shop manual?? or extra side bag top trim??

thnx rick

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Sponsored Links
Advertisement