Addition headlights ? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Windburn Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfair View Post
It was my understanding that the late 1500's and 1600's were upgraded to dual stators for police work.
Could be!...but why would they continue with every production bike? Generally manufacturers don't over build and raise the cost of th final product with features they feel aren't neccessary. The info I posted was gleened from a magazine Nomad review. It's possible it isn't accurate but it does make sense.
Barons PB's, Flanders bars
Cobra True Duals
Hypercharger
Dobeck TFI
Mutazu HL hardbags
One off drivers back rest

Last edited by Windburn Bill; 12-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Windburn Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
sfair
Top Contributor

It actually would be cheaper to build one engine with dual stators and cover both bases rather than have two separate engine lines...one for police work and one for consumers.
Not all 1500's are dual stator. I do not remember what year the switch over was.
But, the bottom line is it does not matter why, just that some 1500's and 1600's enjoy the benefit of watts in excess!
sfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
rusty_is_riding4life

Hey Bagger1600, yeah it cant handle it. depends on how youve got it wired. If u run it off the stator, your battery will be fine, but you will have dimming of both your AUX lights and your headclight at low rpm. If you have it connected to the batt like i do on my 96 1500d(Kuryaken lightbar) then this is what i recomend you do.
Run your bike with the AUX lights during the day (this will build plentty of charge for running AUX light on at night. I have a 230 dollar deepn cycle Shorai battery, and if I run my lights on all the (like i would preffer to do for safety reason) then i get like 20 starts out of my bike before it need to be jump stated. If you should ever die out and need it jump started, run the bike for an hour to 1 1/2hrs and it should be charged up. But i still recommend throwing it on a trickle over night.
I looked into getting a higher output stator for it, but had no luck finding one, just pattent made (chineese) OEM replacement with most likely the same output.
rusty_is_riding4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
rusty_is_riding4life

One thing forgot to mention, your bike is a dual stator bike i believe. You should be fine to run day and night if both your Gens are working properly. TEST IT using the following tech (pretty easy) 1) get a volt metter even a 3.99 harbor frieght one will work fine 2) ASSUMING YOU HAVE A GOOD BATT, turn the bike on with the seat removed for BATT access, and turn your AUX lights off and headlight set to low beam 4) connect volt metter, reading should be over 14 volts at idel no less than 13.8 or 9.

Good luck
rusty_is_riding4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement