Bikes and guns - Page 16 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #151
carthadys

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV9002010 View Post
Lock it under the seat.

That's a good thought. Although I would have to lock mine in one of the side fairings in my 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #152
BigDog

One shot...... one kill
Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #153
Comanche

Garage

Forget the zombie and extraterrestrial alien invasion nonsense. Has anyone seen Jesse Ventura's show Conspiracy Theory? Specifically, about The Bilderberg Group, the NWO, the Georgia Guidestones, etc.? Google that stuff man. It's a trip.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #154
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Sonofabitch! Where do I go to buy a midget sidekick?

(Quick, someone register midgetsidekick.com...)
Looks like that domain is still available and should get you a lot of traffic and customers! Just take a look at this!

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=...w=1241&bih=593
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #155
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
I highly recommend everyone to carry some form of protection, whether licensed or not. If you pack a firearm and don't have a CCW, just make sure you know how to use it effectively. The bad guys don't care about the law, most police arrive AFTER the incident, and you have the right to self defense, no matter what the law says. Carried by six or judged by twelve, your choice, but if you get the bastard, he can't hurt anyone else after that, right?

With that said, guns are evil and kill people...
Hypothetically speaking, of course, if you carry illegally how are you any better than the other common criminal?

In most places these days it's not that hard to get a carry permit. Save yourself the hassle of a conviction that could strip your right to own guns.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #156
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
Hypothetically speaking, of course, if you carry illegally how are you any better than the other common criminal?

In most places these days it's not that hard to get a carry permit. Save yourself the hassle of a conviction that could strip your right to own guns.
I agree with this.

Bluntly put, the police are not here to help you, they are not here to be your friend, and they are not here to be fair. They are here to enforce the law. It's best to give them as few reasons as possible to make you have a bad day.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #157
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Looks like that domain is still available and should get you a lot of traffic and customers! Just take a look at this!

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=...w=1241&bih=593
LOL! I would be -so- all over that if I thought for a second I would actually take the time to do something with it. The last thing I need is another registered domain name.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #158
MAESTRO-SPRF

Garage

Up here in the frozen north all we are alowed to carry concealed is a 2KGBB( 2 kilogram slab of back bacon). this makes it very difficult for us to defend ourselves against criminals packing heat. It is a circus just to get a gun for hunting as we are required to register them with the government so they can keep track of who has what. We are only allowed to rely on our pugilistic skills BUT we will be charged with assault for defending ourselves and put in jail with bubba the squirrel molester.

-2011 VAQUERO(RUBY)
-V&H SLIP ONS
-PC V INSTALLED AND TUNED (sheek map slightly modified)
-THUNDER MFG. HURRICAINE INTAKE.(lost 3 pairs of pants already)
-LOTS OF LED LIGHTS TO BE VISABLE AT NIGHT (MULTI COLOUR WITH PSYCHODELIC OPTIONS)
-SCYTHE MIRRORS
-I POD ADAPTER
-NAUTILUS AIR HORN(WHAT DID YOU SAY???)
-MANY MORE MODS TO COME.....
Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #159
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post

Hypothetically; of course.

There are a few restrictions that would bar someone who should be allowed to carry; from getting their permit.
A fraudulant restraining order for instance.

I wouldn't advise anyone to break the law; but I would go to jail in an instant to protect my family.

The best option of course is to have the CHP before it is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
I agree with this.

Bluntly put, the police are not here to help you, they are not here to be your friend, and they are not here to be fair. They are here to enforce the law. It's best to give them as few reasons as possible to make you have a bad day.

I agree with this.....in principle.
I have some friends that are LEOs. They have a hard enough job and giving them trouble is not advised.

But, as several of them have told me.
If your life is in danger; do what it takes to remedy the situation. It is better explain your actions in court, than to lose your life on the street.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #160
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAESTRO-SPRF View Post
Up here in the frozen north all we are alowed to carry concealed is a 2KGBB( 2 kilogram slab of back bacon). this makes it very difficult for us to defend ourselves against criminals packing heat. It is a circus just to get a gun for hunting as we are required to register them with the government so they can keep track of who has what. We are only allowed to rely on our pugilistic skills BUT we will be charged with assault for defending ourselves and put in jail with bubba the squirrel molester.
I thought you had to show proof of back bacon ownership just to cross provincial borders.
And the only other way, was to bribe the officials with maple syrup.

UUMMMMM maple syrup!

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread