Bikes and guns - Page 15 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #141
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV9002010 View Post
I am a Kahr fan myself. I prefer the .40
Last time I was at the gun shop I was looking at a .40 Kahr that fit right in the palm of my hand. Is that the Kahr in question? How do you like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #142
tl40plus

Default Kahr

I have had a CCW since the first year it was offered here in Texas. I am an avid hunter and have competed in all forms of shooting sports for almost 40 years. I have a fair amount of firearms but my favorite "Carry" pistol is a Kahr TP9 with night sights. This model has a 4" barrel and slightly longer grip but is still very slim, compact and accurate for close encounters although, unfortunately not in Kahrs lineup anymore. I would highly recommend a Kahr for personal protection because I have never had a malfunction and I shoot it regularly to remain proficient.
LeatherLyke Traditional Saddlebags
Kuryakyn ISO "Flame" Grips
Kuryakyn "Flame" Brake Pedal
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
Irate "Flame" Chrome Radiator Grille
Cobra Fatty Highway Bars
Cobra Short Sissy Bar w/Chrome "Tribal" Backplate
Cobra Swept Passenger Floorboards
Baron "Flame" Chrome Reservoir Covers
Chrome "Flame" License Plate Cover
PhatRisers II "Flame"
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #143
Infidel

I highly recommend everyone to carry some form of protection, whether licensed or not. If you pack a firearm and don't have a CCW, just make sure you know how to use it effectively. The bad guys don't care about the law, most police arrive AFTER the incident, and you have the right to self defense, no matter what the law says. Carried by six or judged by twelve, your choice, but if you get the bastard, he can't hurt anyone else after that, right?

With that said, guns are evil and kill people...
Baron Big Air Kit
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro
Rear Scootworks OD Pulley
Debaffled stock exhaust
Mustang Wide Touring Seat

USMC
Iraqi Freedom Veteran
Old 12-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #144
KV9002010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Last time I was at the gun shop I was looking at a .40 Kahr that fit right in the palm of my hand. Is that the Kahr in question? How do you like it?
There are a few different .40s made by Kahr, the smallest cm/pm .40s They are smaller than the CWs so that may be what you saw.

I really like my CW40 It's a nice size and very controllable and concealable. The CW's are Kahr's 'value' line but there is nothing cheap about them.

They also have .45s in very close in size.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #145
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
There are a few different .40s made by Kahr, the smallest cm/pm .40s They are smaller than the CWs so that may be what you saw.

I really like my CW40 It's a nice size and very controllable and concealable. The CW's are Kahr's 'value' line but there is nothing cheap about them.

They also have .45s in very close in size.
Really? I used to have a .40, and I kind of miss it. I'll have to eyeball the .45's too. Maybe Santa will be sliding down the chimney.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #146
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

All this gun talk is leading me to bring up something else.

According to Florida's law's on concealed carry, there are certain places Thou Shalt Not Carry. For example, the post office. A bar. etc.

Suppose you're riding around on your cruiser. Assume you don't have hard bags. You want to stop and get your mail. Or you want to stop and get a beer and a burger.

What do you do?

I've actually thought about having a small metal box welded together and mounted under the bike in a concealed location so I can lock the firearm in it.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #147
KV9002010

Quote:

According to Florida's law's on concealed carry, there are certain places Thou Shalt Not Carry. For example, the post office. A bar. etc.

Suppose you're riding around on your cruiser. Assume you don't have hard bags. You want to stop and get your mail. Or you want to stop and get a beer and a burger.

What do you do?

I've actually thought about having a small metal box welded together and mounted under the bike in a concealed location so I can lock the firearm in it.
Lock it under the seat.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #148
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Lock it under the seat.
Well, now that would work on the Vaquero. However, locking it under the seat on the Vulcan 1600 requires tools to remove the seat.

Last edited by Lunatic; 12-06-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #149
Comanche

Garage

Quote:

What do you do?

DOH! That's what your midget sidekick is for! To hold onto your weapon while you do your thing indoors!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #150
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
DOH! That's what your midget sidekick is for! To hold onto your weapon while you do your thing indoors!
Sonofabitch! Where do I go to buy a midget sidekick?

(Quick, someone register midgetsidekick.com...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread