Bikes and guns - Page 14 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #131
TX1677095

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood View Post
Just curious - this controversial topic has been open for a while, and is all good and fun and I don't think anyone's gotten their jimmies rustled.

Any topic that touches on religion gets closed quickly.
Amen, brother.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #132
TX1677095

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood View Post
Not surprising, most religious people have a closed mind...
Whereas with statements like the above, you clearly demonstrate just how open (and quite airy, I might add) yours is, right?
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #133
BigDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by big worm View Post
lol timb... as a fellow "the walking dead" viewer i can also say that firing a gun should only be used as a last resort as the sound of the gunshots will attract walkers from miles away !!!
I have 10s of thousands of bullets............ so noise is a good thing!!!! I like the pitchfork... long handle, easy pull outs!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #134
Devone6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_in_TX View Post
Good post!

It is easy to get sidetracked on these topics; but I think you answered the OP's question with a lot of good and relative information. Kudos.

Scott
Thanks Scott. I picked a good thread too for my second post . I have ridden street over half my life and carried nearly half my life, so I just tried to go over a few simple points on what works for me and the laws on concealed carry.

I usually try to stay out of the pro/con guns arguments that always start on this issue, but I figure if you read my first post on this, as well as this one, it is obvious where I stand. What always gets me is the way things get twisted around, from a sensible argument on the pros/cons of owning or carrying a firearm, to a statement like "So it's OK to discuss killing people and the best weapon to use and how to justify the murder of someone." Now I agree everyone should be allowed to have their own viewpoints and opinions, but come on, really? How did anyone ever get that from the pro carry posts in this thread?

Cheesefood, you state in your first post "Thinking about getting a shotgun for home protection.", then in a later post you state "I've yet to meet someone who was in a situation where they needed a gun" and "I don't live in fear. I often forget to lock my doors at night ". Now I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'm pretty sure your first post contradicts your latter post, because I don't think, in your own words, you would be "Thinking about getting a shotgun for home protection." if you can say you don't even lock your doors from your lack of fear. Obviously I (or anyone else) am not going to convince you of anything if you swap sides of the fence so easy. Or maybe you just want to argue your point(s).

Of course, it is not my job to convince you of anything, or argue with you, and I believe we all should have the right to our opinion and viewpoints. I disagree with you, but respect your personal decision, as I believe most others here do too. So leaving the forum because you are in the minority on viewpoint (or at least it seems that way to me), is simply not productive; especially when the forum is really about Vulcan motorcycles, and I'm sure we can all mostly get along on that topic. I'll ride my Vulcan carrying my gun, and you can ride your Vulcan not carrying a gun, we can just agree to disagree on this, and ride on.

But hey, what the heck do I know, this is just my 3rd post........

Last edited by Devone6; 12-04-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #135
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
SO now can we talk about Zombies and best calibers to use on them?????
Well, DUH!

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #136
Dean
Top Contributor

Garage

[QUOTE=pacomutt;271729]Anyone remember "Black Talons"? They will ruin your whole day!

Pacomutt
A friend of mine used black talons years ago in a shoot out. Autopsy revealed they did not expand.........
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #137
KV9002010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Braske View Post
I've got a Kahr CW9 that I really like. Thin & light. For those unfamiliar, Kahr makes guns that are basically American Glocks. Plastic frame and striker fired, but w/o the wierd (to me) grip angle. And also single stack. Never had a malfunction. The only drawback is capacity (7+1). But I figure if I'm ever in a situation where 8 bullets isn't enough, I was pretty much screwed from the beginning anyway. I've also got a CZ P01 for the afore mentioned "heavy flow" days. Just as reliable as the Kahr.

And I carry sometimes around town (not as much as I should), and always when I travel. The reciprocity laws cover all the places I go.
I am a Kahr fan myself. I prefer the .40
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #138
WhiteWi
BOTM Winner, March 2013

Garage

Now that I am riding motorcycle as a gun owner myself I started to think about getting carry permit. To many crazies on the roads and the economy doesn't make it less crime free area around Atlanta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #139
Kyrocket
Top Contributor

After stalking this thread I guess I'll throw in my .02. I've had my CCDW for a little while now, always had guns just never carried them but I upset the dregs of society in my job and was threatened once so now I do. For carrying I bought myself the Ruger LCP. It fits in my back pocket just like a wallet and no one is the wiser. Sometimes I'll carry my Bersa Thunder in the small of my back but only if I'm wearing enough to completely cover it. I'm of the mind set, don't start no trouble and there won't be any trouble but if threatened I want to have a fighting chance.
Was having a conversation with my FIL Monday night over dinner with some friends and the topic came up. In the conversation I made some kind of comment about having seven tries to get away infering that the LCP carries seven rounds and he said something about having 19 shots and all fit in the grip yada, yada and I said yeah but it's no good if it's at the house. He got the hint that mine was in my pocket and his was at home It amazes me how people get all in a tizzy about guns in the home. I was raised in a house with a gun cabinet (no lock) in the hall way with about nine rifles and shotguns. Big deal, I knew it was there, I knew what was in it, it was just a piece of furniture that held dad's hunting rifles. My kids know where mine are, they know what they are and they know they're not toys and not to touch them.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #140
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrocket View Post
After stalking this thread I guess I'll throw in my .02. I've had my CCDW for a little while now, always had guns just never carried them but I upset the dregs of society in my job and was threatened once so now I do. For carrying I bought myself the Ruger LCP. It fits in my back pocket just like a wallet and no one is the wiser. Sometimes I'll carry my Bersa Thunder in the small of my back but only if I'm wearing enough to completely cover it. I'm of the mind set, don't start no trouble and there won't be any trouble but if threatened I want to have a fighting chance.
Was having a conversation with my FIL Monday night over dinner with some friends and the topic came up. In the conversation I made some kind of comment about having seven tries to get away infering that the LCP carries seven rounds and he said something about having 19 shots and all fit in the grip yada, yada and I said yeah but it's no good if it's at the house. He got the hint that mine was in my pocket and his was at home It amazes me how people get all in a tizzy about guns in the home. I was raised in a house with a gun cabinet (no lock) in the hall way with about nine rifles and shotguns. Big deal, I knew it was there, I knew what was in it, it was just a piece of furniture that held dad's hunting rifles. My kids know where mine are, they know what they are and they know they're not toys and not to touch them.
That's the ticket. Teach the kids, let them shoot them (under supervision of course. Figured I would add that before some SA said something about it) and develop an understanding of what they do and how they work and most importantly a RESPECT for the firearms. I grew up the same way and was taught the first thing you do when you pick one up is to assume it is loaded and keep your finger off the trigger unless your intentions are to shoot.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread