SS-22 Stealth fairing for the winter~ - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #11
bass567

EvoDog, what kind of LED lights are those on your crash bars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
rusty_is_riding4life

I threw a batwing on my bike a few weeks back, and I'm lovin my bike even more! Not only has wind and bug been reduce by 65% but now I have tunes while I'm cruising, beats listening to the wind. Got mine off ebay for a 125bux, paint/pin stripe was about 30bux, already had stereo sitting on a shelf in my garage (new in box), and 30 bills for some Pyle "blue label" 6x9s off amazon. Oh, and home made mount were free (Memphis shades one will make your bike look goofy 8 out of 10 times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9424.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	14446   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9421.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	14447  
rusty_is_riding4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #13
VicFlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_is_riding4life View Post
I threw a batwing on my bike a few weeks back, and I'm lovin my bike even more! Not only has wind and bug been reduce by 65% but now I have tunes while I'm cruising, beats listening to the wind. Got mine off ebay for a 125bux, paint/pin stripe was about 30bux, already had stereo sitting on a shelf in my garage (new in box), and 30 bills for some Pyle "blue label" 6x9s off amazon. Oh, and home made mount were free (Memphis shades one will make your bike look goofy 8 out of 10 times.
that's a bad ass looking ride you got there rusty

Maria-vn900lt
I've done some things to her
VicFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #14
VicFlo

I keep looking at this post I'm very impressed with how well that came out. I've seen that shield before and always thought it was hideous never seen it painted before.

Maria-vn900lt
I've done some things to her
VicFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
kingnba6
Top Contributor

Quote:
that looks great. never seen a batwing with apes like that. not a bad look. you did the paint yourself?
kingnba6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #16
rusty_is_riding4life

Hey thanks Vic! Yeah after I ordered it I googled and download like 30 diff two tone paint themes, and decided on this one. I kept the red on top to keep it further away from the factory kawasaki "sunbeam red", because this is dupli-color "cardinal red" and is not an exact match. Although 95% of people would not be able to catch it unless it was directly next to the factory color and you were to stare at it with a suspecious eye lol.

Hey King... yeah painted it myself using over the counter spary paints. Im thinking about doing a thread on "budget paint jobs" to help some of our friends out there on a budget. But in short, I was wasnt about to pay 180 bux to paint match the red alone which was the cheapest i found it at paint shops. So i found a 6.99 can of duplicolor "cardinal red" acylic laquer which i extracted from the can by placing a 6" cut straw (yes the same fast food kind) at the nozzle of the can and shot it directly into my paint gun cup ($40 Nieko gun with 1.5mm nozzle) you can do this as laquer is ready to paint with no mixxing or thining requiered.
Then I did the same with a can of duplicolor "gloss black" acrylic enamel into a mixing cup. Next I added a dash of "urthane hardner ue4000" from TPC Globbal (available through amazon), and mix it close to 8:1 ratio.
Poured it into my paint gun cup through a Harbor Freight 120 mesh paint filter (i believe 5.99 for a box of 100) and layed it down on the fairing after taping off the dried red portion of the fairing.
Next I rolled on the autozone pin stipe ($4.99 and pretty close to the factory size) , finished it off with a duplicoler acrylicr enamel clear coat (same mixing procedure as the black). Gave it 24 hrs to dry enough to handle and then I mounted it to the inner fairing. SIDE NOTE: the clear will look like fine Burban after mixxing, DONT DRINK IT LOL! You can use "crystal clear" but the reg will work fine.

As for the Apes, yeah I already had them on the bike, I think they work pretty well with the Bat. I had seen a couple of other apes on batwings, so i cant say that I was the bold risk taker trying to start a new trend lol. But it made me feel more confident about slapping the Bat on there without having to shop for new bars.

P.s if Kawi had not put the pin stripe (a sticker) under the clear coat, I would have repainted the whole bike a differant eye popping color.

RIDE ON BROS!
rusty_is_riding4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
zippydog

Quote:
Hey thanks Vic! Yeah after I ordered it I googled and download like 30 diff two tone paint themes, and decided on this one. I kept the red on top to keep it further away from the factory kawasaki "sunbeam red", because this is dupli-color "cardinal red" and is not an exact match. Although 95% of people would not be able to catch it unless it was directly next to the factory color and you were to stare at it with a suspecious eye lol.

Hey King... yeah painted it myself using over the counter spary paints. Im thinking about doing a thread on "budget paint jobs" to help some of our friends out there on a budget. But in short, I was wasnt about to pay 180 bux to paint match the red alone which was the cheapest i found it at paint shops. So i found a 6.99 can of duplicolor "cardinal red" acylic laquer which i extracted from the can by placing a 6" cut straw (yes the same fast food kind) at the nozzle of the can and shot it directly into my paint gun cup ($40 Nieko gun with 1.5mm nozzle) you can do this as laquer is ready to paint with no mixxing or thining requiered.
Then I did the same with a can of duplicolor "gloss black" acrylic enamel into a mixing cup. Next I added a dash of "urthane hardner ue4000" from TPC Globbal (available through amazon), and mix it close to 8:1 ratio.
Poured it into my paint gun cup through a Harbor Freight 120 mesh paint filter (i believe 5.99 for a box of 100) and layed it down on the fairing after taping off the dried red portion of the fairing.
Next I rolled on the autozone pin stipe ($4.99 and pretty close to the factory size) , finished it off with a duplicoler acrylicr enamel clear coat (same mixing procedure as the black). Gave it 24 hrs to dry enough to handle and then I mounted it to the inner fairing. SIDE NOTE: the clear will look like fine Burban after mixxing, DONT DRINK IT LOL! You can use "crystal clear" but the reg will work fine.

As for the Apes, yeah I already had them on the bike, I think they work pretty well with the Bat. I had seen a couple of other apes on batwings, so i cant say that I was the bold risk taker trying to start a new trend lol. But it made me feel more confident about slapping the Bat on there without having to shop for new bars.

P.s if Kawi had not put the pin stripe (a sticker) under the clear coat, I would have repainted the whole bike a differant eye popping color.

RIDE ON BROS!
not to snag your thread Evo but damn that bike with the apes is sweeeet

I really like yours with that shield as well. Me eh.... I ordered a stock Kawi.. Wimp that I am
zippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
evodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass567 View Post
EvoDog, what kind of LED lights are those on your crash bars?
from pepboys....they have it everywhere
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #19
evodog

Quote:
one of the reason is also i have speakers from HN so windshield is a no brainer
helps a lot in many ways.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #20
truckie453
Top Contributor

Garage

Could you post a daytime pic of the fairing from the front? What did you use to mask and paint?
-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
truckie453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement