Thank god i am alive ..... - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #21
Woody

Good you are OK... I'll bet you were not sleepy for a while!
Woody
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Hindsight is 20/20 and we make different decisions under stress. You did okay, glad you are okay.

If it ever happens again (And I sure hope it doesn't) I would encourage you to go a few miles then call it in. It's also a good idea to get off and walk around after a pucker moment, get that adrenaline level down.

If I genuinely thought it was someone 'out to get me' or somehow being aggressive (like road rage) and I was in danger, I wouldn't stop at the scene, but I would stop a mile later and call it in.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #23
fysl
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Thank you all, i wanted to stop few miles later but i was so angry if he wasn't hurt from the crash he will be hurt by me , if he was able to drive at that speed in straight line , he knows what he was doing ! maybe he didn't know how bad his control is , i searched him up , he wasn't hurt , i have his address should i break his nose ?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #24
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
Thank you all, i wanted to stop few miles later but i was so angry if he wasn't hurt from the crash he will be hurt by me , if he was able to drive at that speed in straight line , he knows what he was doing ! maybe he didn't know how bad his control is , i searched him up , he wasn't hurt , i have his address should i break his nose ?
He smashed his car into a concrete wall, you came home and posted about him on an online forum in the comfort of your home. I think you won this one, just count your blessings and move on!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #25
chromeryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
He smashed his car into a concrete wall, you came home and posted about him on an online forum in the comfort of your home. I think you won this one, just count your blessings and move on!
Fysl. Take Romans 5.8 's free advise. You won this one. And you live to ride another day. AND YOU GET TO BE WITH FAMILY every day...push this and you loose...everything....
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #26
Busboy

Fysl. Again take Romans advice. U were on top of ur game with this incident, dodging this bullet.
Keep on riding. Ride safe n always give ur family the biggest hugs n kisses everyone deserves every time u walk through the front door.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Vulcan VN1600 Classic '06
Fitted: tachometer, genuine windshield, K Drive hard bags, upgraded Meanstreak clutch spring with Judges washers, Cobra Speedster Longshots, Dobeck TFI controller, Chucksters air filter plate, Mustang seats with drivers backrest.

Up coming items: volt meter, oil and temp gauges.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
It was a single car accident, he wasn't hurt, you weren't hurt. You should forget it ever happened.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Absolutely agree with this advice.

Perhaps stopping to make sure the guy was ok or not would have been a good idea, but sometimes our emotional responses to such occurances dictate that the best thing is to just continue on. Most likely someone else stopped at the scene and called 911. Sure makes you scratch your head, though, doesn't it?

'09 650 VStrom
Sharing my wife's '09 Classic LT (sold)
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #29
Infidel

Yeah, I wouldn't have stopped either. I'm not one for holding grudges, but I'm of the mindset that person got what they deserve. You made it out okay and he is taking responsibility for his actions, whatever that cost may be. Someone cutting over like that isn't exactly trying to be innocent about their actions.

Just my two cents.
Baron Big Air Kit
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro
Rear Scootworks OD Pulley
Debaffled stock exhaust
Mustang Wide Touring Seat

USMC
Iraqi Freedom Veteran
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #30
Cagecam

I think him crashing like that would wake him up. I hope the cops showed up and put his a$$ in jail. You did the right thing by not stoping. I'm sure he is still paying for his stupidity.
Cagecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement