Bikes and guns - Page 13 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #121
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Scott nailed it. While topics that are very political or religious in nature almost always get closed (and I fear might be the fate of this one too if things continue in this direction), that happens only when the direct insults and hatefulness starts to get thrown around. Religious threads often get shut down quickly because they often veer in the direction of insults (or some other speech that violates the terms of service, sometimes things get extremely inappropriate in those threads, I suppose to 'shock' the more conservative readers, I dunno) very very quickly. Political threads usually hit that too, but usually it takes a while, or they quietly taper off.

We generally do suggest topics that are religious or political in nature be kept to a minimum, but, many of us have made some great friends and acquaintances here and sometimes we like to discuss OTHER things. We've never closed a thread purely because of it's religious, political, or otherwise content. We've closed many, many threads, however, when the mud started to fly. We have closed, infracted, and banned people from both sides of the political and religious spectrum all for the same reasons. If you can respect the other members, chances are, you'll never ever have a problem. There are plenty of forums that are not like that, but that's not this one, we do REQUIRE that people respect one another and make it civil, and the content reasonable. That's not for ANY religious reason, NOR for any political reason. That's just because it's what the MAJORITY of the members have always wanted, and because it's what has worked so well for us. There are lots of places where anything goes and some are more comfortable there- not a problem. But this is one place where we keep a lid on things and some of us prefer that environment. That's why there are several different forums out there!

I won't comment again on my signature or anything else like that. We've covered that already in another thread!

But, to get back on topic! I really think this debate sounds a lot like the helmet debate. You have those who believe in prevention AND protection. You have others who believe, with enough protection, you don't need prevention (like full gear wearers speeding down the highway in between cars at 180). There are others who believe, with enough prevention, you'll never need protection. And you have those who believe the protection is morally wrong, or just silly and unnecessary. Nothing wrong with any of those viewpoints, we're all adults and can make our own decisions!

I have faith that this thread will turn back in the direction it was before, informative debate without insults. I think we can do that!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #122
BigDog

SO now can we talk about Zombies and best calibers to use on them?????
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #123
Timb4302
Premium Member

As far as zombies go..... A hammer, machete, katana, tibia bone from another zombie, or whatever gun I can find will do the trick do the trick. Let's see how many fans of a certain show pick up on one of my weapons!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #124
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

lol timb... as a fellow "the walking dead" viewer i can also say that firing a gun should only be used as a last resort as the sound of the gunshots will attract walkers from miles away !!!
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #125
Timb4302
Premium Member

Got to say the tibia shank that Glen made is the al time best weapon. He pulled the damn zombies arm off, yanked out the bone and broke it in half, voila, two weapons

Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #126
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

That show only partly satisfies.

The fun part of the Zombie apocalypse is the unlimited resources.
Why did they not use hog panels and cattle guards at the farm for zombie horde re-direction.
Why did they not have every four-wheeler and side-by-side in the county strategically placed around the farm for a quick get away.
There should have been at least one car for every survivor.

Why do you have a woman that is 9 months prego and not have formula on hand.

WHERE IS CARL???? (reference to season 2)

Scott

edit: the use of the word 'fun' is in no manner to be construed as a desire to see the world population decimated by a viral, magical or alien caused plague that turns the infected into flesh eaters.

Commander IIs
All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.

Last edited by Scott_in_TX; 12-04-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Legal obligation?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #127
Timb4302
Premium Member

Good save on the edit , we don't want anyone to get but hurt.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #128
Cyclesarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood View Post
So it's OK to discuss killing people and the best weapon to use and how to justify the murder of someone.

Challenging religion, or bringing in other points of view, are an insult to you and need to be closed down.

FWIW, you obviously have not read a single thing about the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you think it's the same as your God. Not surprising, most religious people have a closed mind.

I can see now what kind of forum this is and it's not for me. Mods put their religious beliefs at the top of their censorship. Hey, great for you and all, but you lost another member. Not interested in a forum where murder talk is A-OK "Let's carry concealed weapons and study the exact circumstances that justify me killing someone." But stating that religion is fiction and worthless is not at all tolerated.
Wow, who said anything about MURDER. The topic is, the carrying of a legal firearm, for SELF PROTECTION, a 100% legal activity in most cases, as opposed to murder which is 100% ILLEGAL as well as immoral. So the topic didn't go your way, so you try to get it closed? I'm taking my football and going home, haha.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #129
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post

...For what it's worth, my cousin was a police officer and had a gun related death as well.

And, for what it's worth, my cousin blew his brains out with a 12ga shotgun. The gun didn't kill him, in hindsight we believe undiagnosed/untreated depression did though.

Last edited by whoaru99; 12-04-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #130
crazyj
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood View Post
So it's OK to discuss killing people and the best weapon to use and how to justify the murder of someone.

Challenging religion, or bringing in other points of view, are an insult to you and need to be closed down.

FWIW, you obviously have not read a single thing about the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you think it's the same as your God. Not surprising, most religious people have a closed mind.

I can see now what kind of forum this is and it's not for me. Mods put their religious beliefs at the top of their censorship. Hey, great for you and all, but you lost another member. Not interested in a forum where murder talk is A-OK "Let's carry concealed weapons and study the exact circumstances that justify me killing someone." But stating that religion is fiction and worthless is not at all tolerated.
You're right. This forum, ultimately, is probably not for you, because it's about freedom - to ride, to enjoy our beautiful country, and even (gasp) to defend oneself from deadly threat. Given your mindset you are probably better off chatting with those who share your imaginary world where inanimate object kill people, human beings have little responsibility for their own actions, and the government will always be there to take care of you (yeah, right). BTW, in case you aren't aware, the 2nd Amendment wasn't written to protect hunting, or even self-defense. It was written to defend against a tyrannical government. Not many of those in history, right?

I hope it never happens to you, but if you are ever attacked, just tell your attacker that you don't believe in violence; then please report back.
Advertisement

Closed Thread