Signing off!... Nomad accessories for sale! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
silverspurs

Default Signing off!... Nomad accessories for sale!

Hey fellow inmates, I traded my Nomad in today on this:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr.../651/home.aspx

this decision is not related to the recent problems I've had with my bike,(although it may have moved that decision up a few months), Overall, I’ve really enjoyed riding the Nomad, gonna miss that cruise control. But; I've been thinking about making a change to a completely different kind of riding for over 6 months and the right deal came along; so I pulled the trigger. I find I'm leaning more and more toward Adventure Touring rather than Cruiser Touring... because; when I get to the end of the pavement, I just want to keep on going!!... that's the reason in a nutshell.

Anyway, I've got some accessories that I took off my 09 Nomad prior to trading it in today... I've posted them over in the "for sale" area. I just wanted to put a note and link here in case any of you might be interested in any of them... enjoy the ride!! What ever you ride.

here's a link to the for sale page...

http://tinyurl.com/cq5nm7u

items available:

1) SOLDMustang seat with integral rider adjustable backrest

2) SOLDKuryakyn adjustable highway foot pegs

3) Soldrear rack trunk

4) chrome gps handlebar mount... fits garmin snap in ball on most garmin units

5) one Left side saddle bag top grill (left half of a pair)

6) SoldOne shop manual for 1700 nomad...

7) SOLDrear shock pump for the Nomad rear shock air adjustment

That’s all there is!... the bike was so well accessorized stock, that it didn't need much farkeling!!...

Best of luck to you all… rick

bye the way, the darkside tire had 18,000 miles on it at trade-in (23,000 miles on the bike)... I figure it has about another 10,000 miles to go... the stealer kinda raised his eyebrows when I told him what was on there... then he smiled and told me he plans to ride the Nomad himself for a while before he sells it... he said he's interested in trying it out to see how it rides...

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685

Last edited by silverspurs; 01-10-2013 at 01:39 AM.
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
twowheeladdict
Top Contributor

Garage

I hear you about the adventure touring. I put 16500 miles on my Versys in the first year of ownership. In another 3 years I will replace it with a full size adventure tourer.

see my garage for list of accessories
twowheeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
silverspurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I hear you about the adventure touring. I put 16500 miles on my Versys in the first year of ownership. In another 3 years I will replace it with a full size adventure tourer.
There are some great folks on this site and I'm going to miss ya'll... hope it'll be ok if I come by and "lurk" once in while...

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Hey Ric, you're the man. I'll never forget you are the one that had the patients to tell me about and convinced me to try the dark side Thanks for all your help on this forum.We've had some rooten-tooten discussions haven't we? Your new scoot looks a little strange to me, but that's OK. You like ut and that's what counts. Do visit us again soon. Ride safe.

2009 Vulcan Voyager ABS/ my "Blue Goose"
BIG 3 = PCV w/ Ign/Cobra Slip-ons/Thunder Air Kit
Kuryakyn "Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs"
Air Hawk2 seat cusion/Remote Control for house
National Cycle Fender Tips//Utopia Back Rest
Gorilla Alarm/Strebel Air Horn/14 in. Dark Shield
Kaw Rear Speakers/Galfer Break Pads
Garmin GPS, RAM mounted on break reservoir
Chrome Mug Holder/Extra Chrome/Wrapped Pipes
Flags and Mounts from "Rumbling Pride"
Dunlop SP5000 Car Tire /AMSOIL & Filter

Last edited by davidsheek; 12-03-2012 at 09:38 PM.
davidsheek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
silverspurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsheek View Post
Hey Ric, you're the man. I'll never forget you are the one that had the patients to tell me about and convinced me to try the dark side Thanks for all your help on this forum.We've had some rooten-tooten discussions haven't we? Your new scoot looks a little strange to me, but that's OK. You like ut and that's what counts. Do visit us again soon. Ride safe.
David;
some of the discussions have been spirited and heated!... but all in the interest of dispelling misconceptions by those who had not tried something that those of us that had tried it, knew was a good thing... hope your loving your DS tire... and thanks for being my friend on this forum... rick

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
erock1

PM sent on rear rack trunk.
erock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
twowheeladdict
Top Contributor

Garage

So, you gonna put a jeep tire on that adventure bike?

My most nimble, best riding, and most comfortable bike is the 2011 Versys. My wife says it looks like a bug. LOL!

see my garage for list of accessories
twowheeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
silverspurs

[QUOTE=twowheeladdict;272596]So, you gonna put a jeep tire on that adventure bike?

Too funny!... it's tempting, but I'll probably just stick with Anakee's or something similar...

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
silverspurs

apparently the link to the for sale page is hard to see, so I'm posting the link again... thanks!!

http://tinyurl.com/cq5nm7u

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Hey Silverspurs--I guess you paid a visit to Snake River Yamaha and they treated you well. That is a great dealership. I was in there often and that's where I bought my '06 900 Classic. Good folks there.

I was seriously tempted by that Super ten last year. I really couldn't have afforded it then, but if my wife had given the go ahead, I'd have figured out a way. I like the re-design of the front fairing area for 2013.

I suppose you will now become a loyal and frequent haunter of Happy Trails, eh what? That's a great place, too.

Now, when the weather warms up and the snow is all gone, pack that thing up, head down to Grandview and take a weekend tour over the Idaho Back Country Byway. Come out at Jordan Valley, then his Succor Creek Road and spend a night at Leslie Gorge (I think that's the name) and then blast up toward Homedale and back on into Boise. I did that a couple years ago on my VStrom. Great trip.

And congrats!!

'09 650 VStrom
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement