The Poncho drop mod... - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #21
Kyrocket
Top Contributor

I think you should be O.K. With mine dropped I can still rest my fist on top of the tire so that tells me there is a good four + inches from top of the tire to bottom of the fender. Is your suspension tightened up? I ride with my daughter who is 100 lbs and we have no problem whatsoever. Have your girlfriend sit on the back of the bike and see how much room you have, that might give you some peace of mind.

Funny, Ponch changed brackets so the shock wouldn't rotate or bind. Seems someone pointed that out earlier but was told not to worry about it... just ribbin' ya'.
Kyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #22
Poncho Villa
wocka, wocka, wocka

kyr, that specific admonishin was for lifting the bike up and the links rotating forward so the Aframe and wheel stayed on the ground and were not lifted with the bike. My response was, why do I care if the wheel doesn't lift? I just roll it out the back anyway. and i like my ribs babyback style. poncho
Poncho Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
Poncho Villa
wocka, wocka, wocka

Default yokes.. yuk yuk yuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogg View Post
Poncho by chance did you take measurements of these links prior to installation? Looks to still be same 3" with 1/2 going to 1/4" but where did the cut for the 1/4 start? Lenght of the spacer? Holes still 1 1/2" but are they offset a little?
muttman, no. i did put them in the copy machine and tried to capture a full scale rendering. but it did not print any detail well. so. no.
the links are approx 3+"tall x 2" wide. They start life as a 1/2" slab of steel and are machined at an angle to give relief to the shock top. Measure your shock top, the width of each side of the YOKE is the amount of material removed. The dimension between those YOKES is the length of the spacer.

Study pix 2-5 and you should be able to re-create these links w/o having me take my bike apart and drawing it for you. maybe later? poncho
Poncho Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Older thread, but thank you very much for all the pictures and know-how's you post Poncho.

I installed my lowering kit today and had difficulty figuring out which way the brackets needed to be. The pictures in post 16 solved it for me.
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
Silencer69

Garage

Dying to get mine a few inches closer to the ground. Curious what the feedback is from the folks using various lowering methods
Silencer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #26
Silencer69

Garage

I'm looking at all of these posts, and nowhere do I see the pics mentioned, nor do I see them in albums from profiles. Am I just dense, or is there a secret I don't know?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
Wild_Bill

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer69 View Post
I'm looking at all of these posts, and nowhere do I see the pics mentioned, nor do I see them in albums from profiles. Am I just dense, or is there a secret I don't know?
I think ol Ponch must have dissapeared from these parts an took his pitchers wit him!!!
Wild_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
Silencer69

Garage

Still hoping somebody has some exact measurements/better pics of those baron's/britts links...will make myself but don't want to do it several times...
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Just an FYI on the pics; certain photo sharing sites like photobucket automatically delete your pictures (and then blame you by saying 'the user has removed this image after a certain amount of time.

Picasa, www.imageshack.us, or uploading directly to the forum are some better solutions so images won't be deleted!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #30
Silencer69

Garage

Somebody, anybody, answer me a question: After looking and reading innumerable posts about how to lower my V2K, I have come across lowering blocks for an M109 that at least at first glance look A LOT like they'd work...thoughts???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement