Bikes and guns - Page 11 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #101
carthadys

I just go with simple. Glocks (except gen 4) and revolvers. No jam problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #102
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
Should work directly with the mfg. on jamming issues like that. Normally they'll refer you to a local authorized gunsmith and if that doesn't do it then they'll usually have you send it back to them for repair.

They usually treat you pretty nice when something like that happens. Had an issue with one of mine and in addition to the actual fix, Colt ran it through their custom shop for my troubles. Has functioned flawlessly since then.
I should had done that but we live and learn. That was the first hand gun I had purchased (from a shop). Just did not think about it but hey the guy that I sold it too gave me only $20 but less than what I gave for it so I was not too disappointed. Plus I really did not like it that well after I got it and tried it out. Decided to go a head an carry the .38 S&W for woods gun.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #103
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthadys View Post
I just go with simple. Glocks (except gen 4) and revolvers. No jam problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Somtimes it's weird how things work. Haven't had any semiauto jamming problems but I did have an intermittent failure to fire issue with a revolver. That was the one that ultimately wnt back to the mfg for resolution.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #104
Cheesefood

My cousin is dead because of gun violence.
http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion.../2D07-5300.pdf

Google the phrase "People killed during home invasions" and read the stories. How many times do you see the phrase "This was not a random encounter"? I checked the stories on the front page and none of the killings were random encounters.

Guns don't make you safe. Not pissing off people and not keeping a lot of cash or drugs in your house will make you safe.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #105
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood View Post

Google the phrase "People killed during home invasions" and read the stories. How many times do you see the phrase "This was not a random encounter"? I checked the stories on the front page and none of the killings were random encounters.

Guns don't make you safe. Not pissing off people and not keeping a lot of cash or drugs in your house will make you safe.
I read your link. I'm sorry for your loss. Your cousin is not dead due to gun violence. Your cousin is dead due to screwed up drama. The implement of destruction could have been just about anything. It could have been the knife. Trying to blame it on the gun is just silly, especially given what I just read.

I'm bowing out of this discussion at this point because, with all due respect, you probably have too much emotional baggage to discuss this subjectively - and that's to be expected.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #106
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWVA_08V2k View Post
Is it a ruger. I had one of their 22/45 Target Pistols with a 5.5" bull barrel that would do that ALL THE TIME. I tweaked and tweaked on it. Took it back to where I got it and tried different clips in it and nothing seamed to help. I spend one day and fired ??? rounds and it seemed to get better but no to what I would consider reliable. I sold it. I used it as my snake killer while I was out.
SWVA,
I had to check, but it was manufactured by a company called Lorcin. Very CHEAP!
I think my best bet is to wait until Dallas has another gun 'buy back' and unload it on them.

I have a couple of .22 revolvers but if I decide to replace the semi-auto I will go with a Bobcat.

Whoaru,
Both the .22 & the .22 mag were purchased used with no expectation of a warranty. I did consder taking the magnum to a gunsmith; but my Dad really liked it so I gave it to him. I don't know if he has done anything with it.

If breaking in the recoil spring had not provided adaquate results; you can bet I would have contacted Taurus Mfg.
I hear they have some of the best customer service in the biz; which is one of the reasons I have an affinity for the company.

Scott

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #107
PatC
Lifetime Premium

Quote:

And you can predict how you're going to piss people off...how, exactly? If you're divorced and your ex shacks up with a guy who beats your kids, and you go over to get them and he decides to come after you with a baseball bat..what then? I can think of lots of scenarios where knowing someone and "just not pissing them off" is a dangerous and naive form of self defense.

Here is a study released by the Cato Institute which relies on a lot more than anecdotal evidence. Read it, unless your mind is closed on the subject.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf
light bar, 2" risers,
Isogrips, Fatbar crashbars,
offset hiway pegs, tank bib,
passenger floorboards,
new brake pedal, throttle lock,
Cobra Lowboy Shotgun pipes,
Baron's Big Air relocated right side,
tombstone tail light,forkbag,
detachable hard leather bags,
alarm, power port, clock,
and a cool cupholder
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #108
Cyclesarge

Quote:

I'm sorry but the gun didn't cause or even escalate the violence, it was no more responsible for this than the van.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #109
crazyj
Lifetime Premium

Quote:

Holy cow! After reading the story, the only ban I would institute would involve preventing some people from reproducing. Sorry for your loss, but your emotional reaction has little to do with the reason for his death, which had more to do, unfortunately, with his choice of girlfriends. Hysterical responses to violence involving firearms don't do anything but promote more death by disarming people who might otherwise defend themselves.

For the most dispassionate study (note that this is an actual study, not talking points put out by the Brady bunch, or that giant of statistical research, Bob Costas) of the issue, see More Guns, Less Crime, by Lott and Mustard. Something tells me, though, that you find much greater comfort in blaming others for your family's loss and somehow deluding yourself into believing that evil doesn't exist, or that inanimate objects "cause" something that are conscious decisions by human beings.

Last edited by crazyj; 12-04-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #110
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

How about a few positive headlines for gun ownership!

Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 150+ Yard Shot With a Pistol
http://deadlinelive.info/2012/08/07/...with-a-pistol/

Wisconsin Crime Stopped by Legally Armed Citizen
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm...armed-citizen/

Armed intervention in Yakima saves manís life
http://www.examiner.com/article/arme...ves-man-s-life

Stop or the Senior Citizen Will Shoot! Moment 71-Year-Old Gunman Shot Two Robbers as They Tried to Hold Up Florida Internet Cafe
http://lewrockwell.com/spl4/heroic-armed-citizen.html

Customer kills gunman during Jacksonville robbery attempt
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...obbery-attempt

This link has several stories of armed citizens saving life with a gun.
http://www.kc3.com/self_defense/officers_peril.htm

I know the chances are remote.
But, if life gives me armed criminals; I plan on making dead/incapacitated criminals.

Scott

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread