Why so popular - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
ErnieC
Top Contributor

Garage
Default Why so popular

Whats make these 900 so popular?

is it the price ?
ErnieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Dan66

Perfect size and weight for a cruiser for anything other than long highway trips.

Great around town runabout, good back highway cruiser. Comfortable (except the seat) and fits people of a large size range. It is reasonably light weight and very easy to drive.
Dan66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
SAND_MAN1
BOTM Winner, August 2013

Garage

For me its the combination of size and price. I'm a bigger guy so I wouldn't look right on a small slim motorcycle. Also this is my first motorcycle and I originally was looking at the V-Star 600 and Shadow 750 and then I read up on vulcan 900 and the pricing was a plus. I've been very happy with my purchase.
SAND_MAN1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
MachU

When i first started shopping for a cruiser, i was interested in the Yamaha Raider, but the price was astronomical, so i thought about the Stryker, but thats still retarded. Then i stumbled upon the VN900 Custom, and i noticed it had the same rake, and swing arm suspension, similar to the Harley softail, which i always thought looked good. So i stopped in to the local Kawi Dealer to sit on one, it was a good size and i didnt look like a bear on a unicycle. The price was reasonable, i honestly would have liked a little more power, but i am very happy with my purchase, it looks good and its fun to drive.
MachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
KawaVulcan

Let's see if I can sum the pros up (IMO):

Great price, great size for nearly all riders, good weight to power ratio, 5.3 gallon tank, great gas mileage, good looks, seemingly unlimited accessories / performance parts, customizable for 100's of different looks, nice handling and easy to work on.

Here's my short list of cons: front brakes can feel a little 'soft' at times, horrible stock seat (on the Custom) and more plastic body parts than expected. However, I think the plastic keeps the price down, keeps the weight down and is easy to replace. As far the front brake, my wish list would be dual front brakes. I've also heard that braided brake lines give a more solid brake response. Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags
Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
KawaVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
Daboo311
Top Contributor

I don't have the experience of many bikes or hours on a bike. I don't have the money that many have. I had a need! This bike fit what I needed in many ways but it all comes down to the ride. Right?

I came from a short time on a Honda 750. I test rode this used 900, and in less than 60 secs., I was done looking.

In less than a year of riding it, I've not been disappointed after every single ride.
Daboo311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Rescue Wagon

For me it was a combination of ride height, CCs, and weight. I love this bike and will probable buy more.
Classic Rear Fender
Harley Tour Pack
Running on the Darkside
Rescue Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
Dale900

I live in a Harley dominated area and I am the one that always goes against the grain.. I ride with PRIDE and ride with the Harleys but they never give me any crap. We all enjoy the road.. I am 5'15" and pushing 240 lbs and have no issues what so ever. Not a straight road near me and the natural gas guys have rebuilt 90% of our roads so riding is as smooth as ever.. You do have to watch out for the water tankers but other then that, lean into the corners until the weeds smack your hands and the gremlin bell is chiming away...
09 Vulcan 900 classic, VROC #31898
I'm not afraid of heights but I hate gravity! ❦
Dale900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Mad Kaw

Garage
Default Perfect Combination

I Just purchased a used 900 LT. My son bought his 900 Custom brand new in 2007. I have a 2005 1500 Classic and yet I always loved riding my son's 900 because of it's nimble and easy maneverability.

I got a great deal on this LT and I bought it for short trips around town, ect. The 1500 definitely rides better, but it can be heavy and cumbersome in tight places. This LT is so easy to balance and ride it is just a totally different experience. And, the gas mileage is about 8-10 better than the bigger Classic.
Mad Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
chi-rider

Garage

To answer KawaVulcan. I have a'10

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Baron Crash Bars
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Kuryakyn ISO Highway Pegs
Kuryakyn Mini Silver bullet brake lights
Scoot Works Phat Riser II's
Arlen Ness Scalloped Big Sucker