What are ya plannin' on doing to your 900 this winter? - Page 9 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #81
DoubleTap
Premium Member

Garage

Well, Beening I just got my 9. I will ride it till I freeze, as i do on any bike i have. Today i rode in to work with a cool chill of 25 degrees. So my winter project maybe heated clothes.

DoubleTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #82
wrench327

I guess I will start with an oil change (first one) and for the mods I have the fire and steel highway bar and light bar on the way, i am also thinking about adding a tach before its all over, of course here in the south it really dos'nt have to be put away for the winter so there will be some riding too.
wrench327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #83
feenixx

Hi again hopefully the link below will show you some images of my new Matazu batwing fairing installed prior to storage.

feenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #84
feenixx

Thanks for all who gave me advice on how to upload pics!The above pics show the installed Matazu Bat wing fairing I paid $99 plus shipping.I had to fab some simple aluminum brackets to the oem fairing mount I used stainless steel hardware and rubber washers.For the upper mounts I used 2 tach mounts that are rubber mounted on the handlebars attached to some steel strapping.its mounted on 4 points.Because it has no inner fairing it looks unfinished so I will fill in the space between the handle bar and fairing with a wind shield bag and my gps.I did test it in 10c windy day at 100kmh the fairing protected my hands well wind was just hitting the top of my full face helmet im 5,8"very pleased plus it matched my 06 galaxysilver paint.I found a broken zerk so that will have to be fixed over the winter.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #85
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

That really looks nice!
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #86
feenixx

Hi Tang I got those pics of my Mutazu batwing installed on this post entitled what are ya planning on doing to your vulcan 900 this year.sorry for the delay rob
Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #87
DoubleTap
Premium Member

Garage

Thats nice looking. My bike doesnt sit still long enough for that. LOL...Still riding daily!
But a batwing would be warm on the 27 degrees mornings!!!

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
DoubleTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #88
tang56

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenixx View Post
Hi Tang I got those pics of my Mutazu batwing installed on this post entitled what are ya planning on doing to your vulcan 900 this year.sorry for the delay rob
NICE!! looks way cool!! and a great buy!! Thanks for the pics!!
tang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #89
Cousin Weakeyes

Default Floor boards

I have a 2011 classic LT and I am looking to purchase a set of passenger floor boards that match the stock one for the driver. Any site suggestions on where to purchase them? Thank You cw
Cousin Weakeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #90
2chains

Garage

thinking of putting on a vertical license plate on my 900 classic, have to figure out what to do with the opening left where the plate was...
Advertisement