Jack *HELP* PLEASE - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 12-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
markstep

Bulldozer, I wonder if the original owner assembled the jack wrong? I think you said in one post here somewhere that it looks like it should go lower.
MS hot shot windscreen
Fuel Genies
not sure what else added by p/o
markstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Bear2123
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboy56 View Post
I had the same problem here's what I did. I made ramps out of 3 layers of 1 x 12 boards staggered to look like steps and a block the same thickness for the kickstand. Place the ramps in front of each wheel and ride on and place the kickstad on the block. I also use this for oil changes.
Warning this only works if your legs are long enough to reach the floor while on the ramps.
This what I ended up doing to get mine up on the jack until I bought the Harbor Freight lift.
Bear2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #43
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
Bout dang time Ponch , didnt you hear me hollarin for help.....Here you are off ridin wilst i was strugglin, no worries i drove the beast onto a couple of folded towels and the jack went right under..... Had a lot of good advice though....Still wana do them Euro Gears hows yer schedule lookin ?? BD
Hahaha! Bulldozer, your post is the funniest one I've read since I've been on here. Thanks for the laughs friend and you're a good sport.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #44
rkd2.3
Top Contributor

Dozer!!, Im kinda late to THIS party, but I still think the BEST idea put forward was a WENCH .
& I apologize , but I near fell off my chair about the HD /ramp/kickstand / BEERS story
I guess its true, you CANT fix stupid
As for you MC/jack issue, have you compared it to the H F jack to see if the pawn shop jack might be miss drilled, or something?? Can you put smaller casters on it??

BTW, Ill be headed south later this week, if you still need a hand , pop me email, I d be glad to lend a hand to that Euro gear project with Ponch

plus

04 Vulcan 2000

Old school turbocharged VW trike

VROC # 7003
ROG # 175
RKMC

Last edited by rkd2.3; 12-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
rkd2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #45
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd2.3 View Post
Dozer!!, Im kinda late to THIS party, but I still think the BEST idea put forward was a WENCH .
& I apologize , but I near fell off my chair about the HD /ramp/kickstand / BEERS story
I guess its true, you CANT fix stupid
As for you MC/jack issue, have you compared it to the H F jack to see if the pawn shop jack might be miss drilled, or something?? Can you put smaller casters on it??

BTW, Ill be headed south later this week, if you still need a hand , pop me email, I d be glad to lend a hand to that Euro gear project with Ponch
Im not sure what is up with the thing but it doesnt matter cause ive had my Father in laws Gold Wing up on it for the last 3 months. Now this is a major problem cause i convinced him i could take it apart ( paint job ) and get it back together, the takin apart was easy the puttin it back together aint workin so good, im trying to decide what to do with all these extra parts, hang on to em, throw them away , hide em, take everything back apart and try to see where i went wrong ? We aint talkin 1 or 2 parts here were talkin like a big box full... Frickin Wings shouldnt need all this stuff. My Father in Law is gettin up there in age so im hopin he wont notice.
Give a shout when you are down here so we can get togther and ride brother...

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #46
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Hahaha! Bulldozer, your post is the funniest one I've read since I've been on here. Thanks for the laughs friend and you're a good sport.
Its all about the fun my man. Ride safe

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint

2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #47
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markstep View Post
Bulldozer, I wonder if the original owner assembled the jack wrong? I think you said in one post here somewhere that it looks like it should go lower.
Hard to say if this is the case, but it doesnt matter cause this Frickin Gold Wing will be up on it for the next year or two.

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint

2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
Old 12-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #48
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
Im not sure what is up with the thing but it doesnt matter cause ive had my Father in laws Gold Wing up on it for the last 3 months. Now this is a major problem cause i convinced him i could take it apart ( paint job ) and get it back together, the takin apart was easy the puttin it back together aint workin so good, im trying to decide what to do with all these extra parts, hang on to em, throw them away , hide em, take everything back apart and try to see where i went wrong ? We aint talkin 1 or 2 parts here were talkin like a big box full... Frickin Wings shouldnt need all this stuff. My Father in Law is gettin up there in age so im hopin he wont notice.
Give a shout when you are down here so we can get togther and ride brother...
Prolly nuthin but a buncha extra speakers 'n lights 'n trim 'n Goldwing doodads 'n such. You should be all right.
Advertisement