Jack *HELP* PLEASE - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
markstep
Senior Member
 
markstep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Geraldton Ont. Canada
Posts: 242
Default

Bulldozer, I wonder if the original owner assembled the jack wrong? I think you said in one post here somewhere that it looks like it should go lower.
__________________
2003 1500 Meanstreak
Hardchrome pipes
saddle bags
MS hot shot windscreen
Fuel Genies
not sure what else added by p/o
markstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Bear2123
Top Contributor
 
Bear2123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboy56 View Post
I had the same problem here's what I did. I made ramps out of 3 layers of 1 x 12 boards staggered to look like steps and a block the same thickness for the kickstand. Place the ramps in front of each wheel and ride on and place the kickstad on the block. I also use this for oil changes.
Warning this only works if your legs are long enough to reach the floor while on the ramps.
This what I ended up doing to get mine up on the jack until I bought the Harbor Freight lift.
Bear2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #43
Comanche
Senior Member
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 346
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
Bout dang time Ponch , didnt you hear me hollarin for help.....Here you are off ridin wilst i was strugglin, no worries i drove the beast onto a couple of folded towels and the jack went right under..... Had a lot of good advice though....Still wana do them Euro Gears hows yer schedule lookin ?? BD
Hahaha! Bulldozer, your post is the funniest one I've read since I've been on here. Thanks for the laughs friend and you're a good sport.
__________________
It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #44
rkd2.3
Top Contributor
 
rkd2.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manitoba,summer, Texas/winter
Posts: 611
Default

Dozer!!, Im kinda late to THIS party, but I still think the BEST idea put forward was a WENCH .
& I apologize , but I near fell off my chair about the HD /ramp/kickstand / BEERS story
I guess its true, you CANT fix stupid
As for you MC/jack issue, have you compared it to the H F jack to see if the pawn shop jack might be miss drilled, or something?? Can you put smaller casters on it??

BTW, Ill be headed south later this week, if you still need a hand , pop me email, I d be glad to lend a hand to that Euro gear project with Ponch
__________________
08 V2K Classic

plus

04 Vulcan 2000

Old school turbocharged VW trike

VROC # 7003
ROG # 175
RKMC

Last edited by rkd2.3; 12-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
rkd2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #45
bulldozer
Top Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Texas
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd2.3 View Post
Dozer!!, Im kinda late to THIS party, but I still think the BEST idea put forward was a WENCH .
& I apologize , but I near fell off my chair about the HD /ramp/kickstand / BEERS story
I guess its true, you CANT fix stupid
As for you MC/jack issue, have you compared it to the H F jack to see if the pawn shop jack might be miss drilled, or something?? Can you put smaller casters on it??

BTW, Ill be headed south later this week, if you still need a hand , pop me email, I d be glad to lend a hand to that Euro gear project with Ponch
Im not sure what is up with the thing but it doesnt matter cause ive had my Father in laws Gold Wing up on it for the last 3 months. Now this is a major problem cause i convinced him i could take it apart ( paint job ) and get it back together, the takin apart was easy the puttin it back together aint workin so good, im trying to decide what to do with all these extra parts, hang on to em, throw them away , hide em, take everything back apart and try to see where i went wrong ? We aint talkin 1 or 2 parts here were talkin like a big box full... Frickin Wings shouldnt need all this stuff. My Father in Law is gettin up there in age so im hopin he wont notice.
Give a shout when you are down here so we can get togther and ride brother...
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote <Ben Franklin?>


2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #46
bulldozer
Top Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Texas
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Hahaha! Bulldozer, your post is the funniest one I've read since I've been on here. Thanks for the laughs friend and you're a good sport.
Its all about the fun my man. Ride safe
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote <Ben Franklin?>


2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #47
bulldozer
Top Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Texas
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markstep View Post
Bulldozer, I wonder if the original owner assembled the jack wrong? I think you said in one post here somewhere that it looks like it should go lower.
Hard to say if this is the case, but it doesnt matter cause this Frickin Gold Wing will be up on it for the next year or two.
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote <Ben Franklin?>


2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #48
Comanche
Senior Member
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 346
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
Im not sure what is up with the thing but it doesnt matter cause ive had my Father in laws Gold Wing up on it for the last 3 months. Now this is a major problem cause i convinced him i could take it apart ( paint job ) and get it back together, the takin apart was easy the puttin it back together aint workin so good, im trying to decide what to do with all these extra parts, hang on to em, throw them away , hide em, take everything back apart and try to see where i went wrong ? We aint talkin 1 or 2 parts here were talkin like a big box full... Frickin Wings shouldnt need all this stuff. My Father in Law is gettin up there in age so im hopin he wont notice.
Give a shout when you are down here so we can get togther and ride brother...
Prolly nuthin but a buncha extra speakers 'n lights 'n trim 'n Goldwing doodads 'n such. You should be all right.
__________________
It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum