Barons Big Air Installation - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Robotic
Lifetime Premium

Default Barons Big Air Installation

Spent the morning installing the air intake on my 2009 V2K. I admit I'm not a mechanic but I can follow directions and have been successful with various previous mods including fuel processor, new pipes, brake light modulator, etc. Wow, Barons direction were pretty screwed up. Did watch a videos on You Tube about installation on a 900 first.
Some of the parts included would not fit, back plate would not tighten securely against throttle body with supplied screws, temperature sensor housing supplied would not work on my 2009. I went back to look at my order and the box it came in just to make sure I didn't receive the wrong model from Barons which was ordered thru JP Cycles on a Cyber Monday deal. Correct product per box label.
I will call Barons tomorrow just to let them know in case they would be interested in modifying parts and instructions.
Will ride this afternoon and adjust Cobra Fi200r.
Plan on a Dyno soon now that I have pipes and intake and fuel management installed. Good local shop her in Daytona Beach will do it for $150. $25 if all you want is a horsepower calculation. Will post after it's complete!
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic View Post
Plan on a Dyno soon now that I have pipes and intake and fuel management installed. Good local shop her in Daytona Beach will do it for $150. $25 if all you want is a horsepower calculation. Will post after it's complete!
Really darn good price.

There is a local shop to me that is 200 for dyno, 50 for hp.

If you take it to a dealer that has a dyno (which is usually the harley shops), it's 400+. Crazy...

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
bigsarge2012
Top Contributor

pics? i dont remember my BAK being that bad but it was a while back. I keep saying im gonna get it on the dyno but havent yet. I really wanna see the numbers with the freedoms , BAK, and PCIII. Did you block off the ports on the heads when you put on the BAK?
bigsarge2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Robotic
Lifetime Premium

Blocked off ports when I installed the K & N filter into stock air box and installed the Cobra Fi2000r. Still can't reduce all the popping. I can control it with proper handling of the throttle though. Just hoped I wouldn't have to concentrate on throttle control constantly. Also when I installed the BAK I noticed that the butterfly (if that is what you call it) in the throttle body does not really move with throttle control. I think I remember Ponch saying at one time just to remove it, don't need it. Is that true. Or could the fact that it doesn't close on idle be a cause of the popping? Shouldn't it be wide open on acceleration and closing as the throttle closes?

Last edited by Robotic; 12-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement