What's your favorite comeback line?? - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #31
classiccruiser

I just glanced at it but it does say since they are sold here, it only makes sense to build them here to save money. Either way, Kawasaki invests in our country while Hardly Davison is investing in China and India.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
classiccruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #32
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

agreed that kawasaki has a huge manufacturing facility in nebraska... but i repeat they do not make motorcycles there!!!
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #33
classiccruiser

We are both kind of right. The cruisers and large crotch rockets are still made in Japan. Small crotch rockets are made in Thailand. The Concourse KZ1000 is made here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
classiccruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
big worm

go back and do a lil more research.. no motorcycles are made there and the concourse has been a 1400 for about 4 or 5 years now ..... go back to http://www.kawasakilincoln.com/KMMHome.aspx?val=KMMHome it says right on there what the build there...4 wheelers, teryx, jet ski, train cars and also atv wheels for many maufacturers !
Flh hardbags
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
big worm

here a quote DIRECTLY from the products page
"The Lincoln Consumer Products facility manufactures All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV), Personal Watercraft (Jet SkiŽ ), Utility Vehicles (Mule™ ), Recreational Utility Vehicles (RUV - Teryx™ ) and wheels for ATVs and utility vehicles. These products are shipped throughout North America and exported to Japan, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and to other locations around the world.
The Lincoln Rail Car facility manufactures passenger rail cars for use in the United States."
Flh hardbags
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
big worm

The Kawasaki Concours, known in Europe as the GTR1000 and in USA as the ZG1000.. before it became...Concours, known as the Concours 14 in North America, and 1400GTR in other markets
now there used to be a kz 1000 made there up until around 1985.... the kz1000p was made there as well with the last one being built sometime in 2005, and of course the kz1300 voyager may have been built there as well....
Flh hardbags
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #37
Toy4Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
I bought the Kawasaki because I was a little leery of buying a motorcycle at a clothing store.
my favorite.

Went on a summer trip and for the first time ever walked into a HD store, several actually, where they didn't sell motorcycles. I had never seen or heard of this before. I said where are the motorcycles, and my buddy said they just sell HD stuff here.... I laughed, and had absolutely nothing to look at. I do enjoy looking at HD bikes, but not just "stuff" LOL

1989 Yamaha FJ1200
Toy4Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
MJ 21A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappyman View Post
When the inevitable happens (American Made vs. rice burner) and the teasing starts back and forth...... what is your favorite come back line??
This should be fun.
Well, I say " I AM American Made" my bike just like yours has parts from all over the world, I changed it from stock to how it is today in my garage which is in the USA, so I guess "My bike was put together (made) in the USA by an American" ..........Now lets ride, we both can agree, we ride American roads...and can dream that someday we may ride the roads where the parts that make up our bikes come from.

Its not a come back line, never feel that I have to come back, most riders understand its not where the bike came from, its the person riding it....The bike or the rider do not have to be American Made. The motorcycle owner who buys into only having that brand of bike and all the clothes (etc) to go with it, is just that a "motorcycle owner", I am and ride with, "motorcycle riders", who just like me, enjoy riding, whatever, wherever, whenever we can. Its not ownership of a motorcycle, its part of who I am. Parts (motorcycle or people) can come from anywhere.
2007, 1600 Nomad, Black and Chrome, Fairing/windshield w/Laminar lip, Cycle Sound Housing w/Stereo/GPS, Throttle lock/Assist, Handlebar raisers, HD chrome fork lowers, Head Light Modulator, Driving fog/spot lights, Trunk w/ top rack, backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, DeBaffled pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake, K&N air filter, FI2000, Top and side rails on bags. Foot pegs, Wolo horn, extra running lights in back, Some pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.
MJ 21A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #39
Graybush
Top Contributor

This one hasn't let me down so far:

Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #40
jthomp57

Mine cost less and takes me the same places.
jthomp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement