If I'm going to participate in this forum - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > New Member Section > New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #11
AZPoseur

“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.' Matt 5:11-12

So, let's see, Roman and Wicked both suggest we go riding together tomorrow. That is easy, I will go with the Roman who has shown his stature consistently.

Wicked, would you be offended if I wanted to talk about little bells on my bike to keep the road gremlins off? I thought not. It would be a short conversation anyway since I don't go for superstitions.
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #12
Byron

Don't participate it will be your owe loss not mine or any one else on this site
Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #13
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Hmm, this guy with that in his signature sounds like a pretty cool guy

You know, in nearly 2,500 posts in this forum this is the very first time my signature or name has ever come to my attention like this, or been the subject of a complaint. I believe what I believe, that's very true. Obviously, my faith is something that is very important to me, and close to my heart. When people choose a name on a forum like this, they typically pick something that is important to them. After a few times of people asking in threads what that verse was, I just went ahead and put it in my signature. If anything, that keeps the posts on topic and NOT about the bible verse from which I get my namesake.

It's a quote from a piece of literature. For me, that literature means alot, for others, it's just an old book that doesn't mean much to them. That's what makes the 'free world' free, after all. The ability to believe what you want to believe. I am not the least bit concerned if someone does not find this verse as important as I do. I do not come here to preach, I come here to talk about motorcycles and chat with some fantastic men and women who have made this forum one of the greatest forums I have ever been a part of. The reason nobody has ever said anything, is because I have never given them a reason to. The scripture that I have posted in my signature is a passive reflection of what is important to me, just like, to a lesser extent, the motorcycles listed below it. I am who I am, and I am not about to change that. The only complaints I've ever have had stemmed from my role as a moderator, which is to be expected. We have rules that I have to enforce, some people don't like the fact that this is more/less a 'PG' forum, and that's okay too. I can get along with anyone. It's just business, if a rule is broken, I act on it accordingly. If not, I go back to arguing with pacomutt about seafoam or responding to each weeks half a dozen 'How do I winterize my bike' threads!

I am genuinely sorry if I have offended you, or made you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome because of my beliefs. That was most certainly never my intention. But I am not, however, ashamed of them. You are more than welcome on this forum, we'd love to have you here. You can certainly participate here even if your beliefs aren't mine. I live in the United States of America, and I love the United States of America and have never been bothered by a person who believed differently than me. I live in because I get to be who I want to be, and so it is my responsibility as an American Citizen to let others be who they want to be. I don't run this forum, I just enforce the rules and try and troubleshoot issues people occasionally have with the website.

However you proceed from here is up to you. We'd love to have you, I'd encourage you to stick around and find out that we are all very different around here, yet we all get along pretty good. If not? That's okay too. This forum is an excellent read even if you don't post. With whatever you do, I wish you luck!

As for me? Tomorrows high is 70, and it's hard to read the forums when you're riding

-John

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Last edited by Romans5.8; 12-01-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #14
Bear2123
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Hmm, this guy with that in his signature sounds like a pretty cool guy

You know, in nearly 2,500 posts in this forum this is the very first time my signature or name has ever come to my attention like this, or been the subject of a complaint. I believe what I believe, that's very true. Obviously, my faith is something that is very important to me, and close to my heart. When people choose a name on a forum like this, they typically pick something that is important to them. After a few times of people asking in threads what that verse was, I just went ahead and put it in my signature. If anything, that keeps the posts on topic and NOT about the bible verse from which I get my namesake.

It's a quote from a piece of literature. For me, that literature means alot, for others, it's just an old book that doesn't mean much to them. That's what makes the 'free world' free, after all. The ability to believe what you want to believe. I am not the least bit concerned if someone does not find this verse as important as I do. I do not come here to preach, I come here to talk about motorcycles and chat with some fantastic men and women who have made this forum one of the greatest forums I have ever been a part of. The reason nobody has ever said anything, is because I have never given them a reason to. The scripture that I have posted in my signature is a passive reflection of what is important to me, just like, to a lesser extent, the motorcycles listed below it. I am who I am, and I am not about to change that. The only complaints I've ever have had stemmed from my role as a moderator, which is to be expected. We have rules that I have to enforce, some people don't like the fact that this is more/less a 'PG' forum, and that's okay too. I can get along with anyone. It's just business, if a rule is broken, I act on it accordingly. If not, I go back to arguing with pacomutt about seafoam or responding to each weeks half a dozen 'How do I winterize my bike' threads!

I am genuinely sorry if I have offended you, or made you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome because of my beliefs. That was most certainly never my intention. But I am not, however, ashamed of them. You are more than welcome on this forum, we'd love to have you here. You can certainly participate here even if your beliefs aren't mine. I live in the United States of America, and I love the United States of America and have never been bothered by a person who believed differently than me. I live in because I get to be who I want to be, and so it is my responsibility as an American Citizen to let others be who they want to be. I don't run this forum, I just enforce the rules and try and troubleshoot issues people occasionally have with the website.

However you proceed from here is up to you. We'd love to have you, I'd encourage you to stick around and find out that we are all very different around here, yet we all get along pretty good. If not? That's okay too. This forum is an excellent read even if you don't post. With whatever you do, I wish you luck!

As for me? Tomorrows high is 70, and it's hard to read the forums when you're riding

-John
+1,000 Many a man and woman has fought for your right to free speach and freedom of religion. Enjoy them!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
Cheesefood

Interesting.

I'm an atheist, but I really don't get offended by Christians. I love Xmas, I'm good to my fellow man, I volunteer, donate, and do good. I love my wife and family and I'm raising my kids to make up their own minds on religion based on education.

I'm active in a beer brewing forum that is overwhelmingly non-theists. This one seems overwhelmingly theist. Hey, thats cool, I'm not hear to talk religion.

My only complaint against anyone's sig line is that most are too long. Don't need half a page of quotes and non-bike related explanations, but that's just my opinion.

So I see where Wicked and Romans are both coming from. I like Wicked immediately because he's down with the FSM, but Roman has spent more time proving he knows his shit. Personally, I think I'd prefer both on a 500 mile ride, as we'd have a good argument to keep us occupied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread