Air Intake 900 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
tcrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichm03 View Post
Here's the pic.
OK, so you used the same filter, just change the snorkel to the front... Right?
That seems pretty easy, instead of modifying the filter and box..
I'm also thinking on get a FI2000R to go with this mod and stock debafled pipes. do you recommend the tuner? I read somewhere that they are a pain to set it right, but you can't beat the price difference with a auto tune..
I was doing some research and found several different brands at different prices.
Do they have to be specifically for the 900 ?? Or you can get any and make it work? For example, the same Arlen Ness Cheap-shot fuel tuner for a Yamaha was cheaper then the one for the 900..
I apologize if I'm asking something that seems stupid, I want to make sure I get the right one for the best price..
Thanks for the pics...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
Brichm03

I switched to the stock replacement made by K&N. I added the snorkel to the front and left the original open. I added an FI200r, but haven't driven it yet. The aftermarket intakes are model specific because of the shape of the throttle body. Most for the 900 are $200 and up.

Cobra Pipes
Cobra Fi2000r
Cobra Billet Tachometer
Mustang Seat with Mustang Passenger Backrest
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Intake
Engine Guard
Kuryakrn Grips
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Passenger Floorboards
Brichm03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
tcrider

OK, I already have the K&N filter, I'll move the snorkel to the front, it just makes sense...How did you attach the snorkel ?? Did you open a new slot ??
I'll keep looking for the fuel tuner. Now, will it hurt the bike moving the snorkel with out having the tuner ?? Until I buy one...
Thanks again

Last edited by tcrider; 11-30-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: adding
tcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Brichm03

I traced and cut a new hole in the front of the air box and removed the secondary throttle plates. I'd be nervous that the bike would run too lean without a tuner if you did those mods and pipes or a debaffle.

Cobra Pipes
Cobra Fi2000r
Cobra Billet Tachometer
Mustang Seat with Mustang Passenger Backrest
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Intake
Engine Guard
Kuryakrn Grips
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Passenger Floorboards
Brichm03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
ChevelleSSLS6

I did the "poor man's ram air" mod but I blocked off the stock "hot air" intake hole to ensure cooler air. I notice it a little on the top end, but "de-screening" the stock air filter was more noticeable.

Cobra 2-1s, dobeck tuner, poor man's "ram air mod", front sw pulley.

Is there a Gadget page for us 900 owners???

Vulcan 900 "oily air filter" fix

Get 3-4 feet of tranny line from parts store that's the same ID as the stock vent line. Attach to jug, route hose up to bottom of fuel tank around wires and back down to airbox, cut off excess (leave a little slack so wires are NOT under tension) and attach to airbox. Reinstall everything.
ChevelleSSLS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #16
tcrider

ok. I just did this mod yesterday and I noticed a small change, also removed the secondary plates a couple days ago. I'm very happy with the results.. Better response, shifting is smoother, even the sound got a little throatier. I'm receiving the fuel tuner soon.
I left the original slot for the snorkel open for now. I'm a little concern about water getting inside through the snorkel facing the front now. But maybe is just me being paranoid.
I'll post pics later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement