milwaukee leather throttle boots - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
evodog

Default milwaukee leather throttle boots

Hey guys, quick question about the milwaukee leather men's throttle boots.
I'm looking into this pair of boots but having a hard time finding any local store have them to try on, and no luck with online reviews.
does anyone here have wore them before ?
please let me know how they fit and how good it holds up.
I work in retail and i stand on my feet about 7 hours a day.
thanks !!!!!!

http://www.milwaukeemotorcycleclothi...ycle-boot.html
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Morningstar

Garage

Nice boots, I bought a deans product.

Need to find a dealer check the dealer locator at the top of the page

M
Scootworks 2" Lowering kit
Techglide Forwards
SS Braided lines
Britt Racing Exhaust
Cobra Power Flow intake X2
Avon 90/90-21 Front
Kuryakyn side mount plate
Kuryakyn LED turns amber/red
Memphis Shades Batwing w/custom speakers
Sadleman renegade solo
L&M front fender
L&M chin spoiler
Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Sojourner
Lifetime Premium

Mine are two years old and so far have worn well. They had a good test a few weeks ago when we got caught in a good downpour. My feet stayed dry.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evodog View Post
Hey guys, quick question about the milwaukee leather men's throttle boots.
I'm looking into this pair of boots but having a hard time finding any local store have them to try on, and no luck with online reviews.
does anyone here have wore them before ?
please let me know how they fit and how good it holds up.
I work in retail and i stand on my feet about 7 hours a day.
thanks !!!!!!

http://www.milwaukeemotorcycleclothi...ycle-boot.html
Evedog,

I don't know if any riding boot is made to spend that much time standing in.

I have a comfortable pair of walking shoes that I leave at work.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

I do not buy "Riding Boots". I just wear my old Georgia work boots. A boot that I can wear to work in, walk around it all day, or ride the bike it. I purchased a set of "HD" riding boots once and hated them. They were ok to ride it but man I could not stand to walk more than 20-30 minutes in the before my feet were killing me. That kinda just turned me against the idea of a "Riding Boot". I have looked at them on the shelf and they LOOK to be a decently built boot but I have not ever worn them.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWVA_08V2k View Post
I do not buy "Riding Boots". I just wear my old Georgia work boots. A boot that I can wear to work in, walk around it all day, or ride the bike it. I purchased a set of "HD" riding boots once and hated them. They were ok to ride it but man I could not stand to walk more than 20-30 minutes in the before my feet were killing me. That kinda just turned me against the idea of a "Riding Boot". I have looked at them on the shelf and they LOOK to be a decently built boot but I have not ever worn them.
I like Wolverines; I have had good luck with them.

But, the ones I have are black; and they were baking my feet this summer on the bike.
So, I bought a pair of Die Hard brown boots from Sears that were on sale. I wouldn't want to spend 8 hours on them. But, all in all I am pretty satisfied.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
KawaVulcan

+1 on the Wolverines and you can find them pretty easily (i.e. Sears). I've had a pair of black ones (non-steel toe) for more than two years now and find them to be very comfortable in any situation. I'm a land surveyor and that requires a lot of walking on all sorts of different terrain. I've not had the 'hot foot' problem in the summertime, but then again my feet don't really sweat very much either. I have also heard that Rocky boots are very comfortable, but I don't personally know. I would buy a nice pair of work boots (in black if that's your style) and stay away from those 'riding boots'. I've tried a variety of them on in motorcycle stores and have never been satisfied enough with the comfort to purchase any. I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags
Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
KawaVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Strompilot
Top Contributor

I spent 30 years in law enforcement and experimented with a variety of different boots, and found that a good pair of tactical boots is a good choice for riding boots, as they are waterproof, well-made, high quality, and comfortable for walking in all day. Plus most are very light. In fact, since we are discussing this subject, I am thinking I will pay a visit to the cop shop here for my next pair of boots. Rocky's are good, as are Wolverines and Bates. And there are a couple others. The big thing for using boots for motorcycle riding is that they come up over the ankles for good upper support and snug on the feet securely so the don't come off in the event of an unplanned for get-off. They don't have to be dedicated motorcycle boots, and it seems anymore that a lot of motorcycle-specific boots are geared towards sport bikes. I have a pair of Tourmaster boots I got last year. I like them and they're OK, but I wouldn't want to wear them all day, that's for sure.

'09 650 VStrom
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
MachU

I have been wearing Icon's Field Armor Chukka 6" boots, they are light and cool, feel more like a shoe.But, they are not water proof.
I will soon be in the market for new boots/shoes, and thought i would try something different, i like the Icon's but might try the Milwaukee Outlaws, or Road Captain's next time around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_361.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	14418  
MachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaVulcan View Post
+1 on the Wolverines and you can find them pretty easily (i.e. Sears). I've had a pair of black ones (non-steel toe) for more than two years now and find them to be very comfortable in any situation. I'm a land surveyor and that requires a lot of walking on all sorts of different terrain. I've not had the 'hot foot' problem in the summertime, but then again my feet don't really sweat very much either. I have also heard that Rocky boots are very comfortable, but I don't personally know. I would buy a nice pair of work boots (in black if that's your style) and stay away from those 'riding boots'. I've tried a variety of them on in motorcycle stores and have never been satisfied enough with the comfort to purchase any. I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
From the Rocky boots that I have owned. They have been comfortable and I would consider using them for "riding boots" but as for working in. (I also used to be a surveyor) I never got a full year out of a pair of Rocky Boots before the soles came loose or the side busted out. But living here in the mountains you walk a lot on the side of hills and put a lot of strain on them.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement