Another good thing about the VN900 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
fawlty99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
I agree Fawlty. Talking mileage from the tank is one of my favourite topics when I'm out with my mates, who ride Harleys. I always bring it up ....
What part of the country you from ?
Down in Tassie - Hobart to be exact. It's nice not having to worry about filling up every time you go for a spin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
SteveJB
Top Contributor

I might try the gauge fix this winter. The light works fine but my gauge shows empty after about 50 miles; totally useless.
SteveJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
Lone Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawlty99 View Post
Down in Tassie - Hobart to be exact. It's nice not having to worry about filling up every time you go for a spin.
yep, been there on the bike - but not this bike, another bike I had prior to this bike ....
Loved it. Loved the bike and loved riding Tasmania.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
crzydjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaVulcan View Post
I agree, the Vulcan 900's get great gas mileage! I usually get between 45-50mpg on a tank; once in awhile it'll dip down to 40mpg when I'm rolling on the throttle way too much. I have a friend who has a Suzuki Boulevard M50 and he's constantly stopping to fill it up. Besides only having a 4+ gallon tank, I don't think he gets great mileage either. All I know is I always ask him if he has a full tank before we head out.
Rode to Mount Lemmon on Sunday afternoon and just filled up yesterday. My trip odometer was at 187 miles and the low fuel light STILL hadn't come on yet. I put 3.4gal in the tank and I'm no math major but that means I still had 1.9gal left in the tank. That tank worked out awesome. Averaged out to 54.2mpg on that particular tank.

http://crzydjm.wordpress.com
crzydjm AT gmail DOT com
crzydjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #15
Daboo311
Top Contributor

I almost always get to around 190 miles before I see the light come. Been thinking about filling a can with a quart or so of gas and running it all the way out just to see the range.
Daboo311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement