Vaquero, Wrapping Pipes - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Thanks again for all the tips. I was personally going to just stop by the local auto parts store for the supplies to do this. Any reason -not- to?
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
cruiser900

I used "inferno heat wrap" from Heatshield Products on EBay. Don't skimp on quality. I used 1 inch as you can get a tighter radius and overlap. My two pipes took nearly 100 feet and they are double wrapped.
cruiser900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser900 View Post
I used "inferno heat wrap" from Heatshield Products on EBay. Don't skimp on quality. I used 1 inch as you can get a tighter radius and overlap. My two pipes took nearly 100 feet and they are double wrapped.
Hmm. I agree, quality is important. Off to Ebay I go.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Thanks again for all the tips. I was personally going to just stop by the local auto parts store for the supplies to do this. Any reason -not- to?
Not really, there's just different types too choose from. The auto parts will probably be $50 for the same 50ft.

2009 Vulcan Voyager ABS/ my "Blue Goose"
BIG 3 = PCV w/ Ign/Cobra Slip-ons/Thunder Air Kit
Kuryakyn "Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs"
Air Hawk2 seat cusion/Remote Control for house
National Cycle Fender Tips//Utopia Back Rest
Gorilla Alarm/Strebel Air Horn/14 in. Dark Shield
Kaw Rear Speakers/Galfer Break Pads
Garmin GPS, RAM mounted on break reservoir
Chrome Mug Holder/Extra Chrome/Wrapped Pipes
Flags and Mounts from "Rumbling Pride"
Dunlop SP5000 Car Tire /AMSOIL & Filter
davidsheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
element80
Top Contributor

Garage

from lava wrap instructions
6. It is important to start on side closest to exhaust port (closest to engine), wrapping down the system
towards the exhaust tip.
7. Make an initial wrap around the pipe and secure end with Thermal-Tie™ (Figure 4) or hose clamp.
8. After securing end, continue to wrap around pipe, using ¼” overlap with each pass (Figure 2) and
keeping tension on the exhaust wrap.
wrapped pipes, Tornado Air Kit and gasket, V&H slip ons, PCV w/ignition, pin stripe, Ray's mod, Roaring Toyz Bars with Scootworks phat risers, Corbin Young Guns seat, plastidip on chrome, 6 speed cover removed, 70/30 water/coolant mix with waterwetter, klock werks flare
element80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
IL Vaquero

Hey Trey,
Hows it going man haven't heard from you in a while. I haven't been on here in a while hows the bike work for you. Mine is back at dealer getting the cruise fixed. And Im getting screwed by the dealer as usual I will pm you and tell myou all about it. two weeks to change the right switch housing calls for.8 hours labor told me had to take faring off to wire in the switch. Called another dealer they lafed said dont have to take faring off to change housing. Man they hate working on my bike so it will be the last time glad you got your pipe wraped realy helped my bike. And cut down on lifter and valve noise got the air leak fixed right and put the pcv/ign on. Now I want to take to so guys named two brs custom exhaust to get the cross over cut and made into true duels. Hope it sounds better but got to get it redynoed. My e-mail is bskz4@frontier.com lets talk some time sound good. B Cope.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
element80
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Vaquero View Post
Hey Trey,
Hows it going man haven't heard from you in a while. I haven't been on here in a while hows the bike work for you. Mine is back at dealer getting the cruise fixed. And Im getting screwed by the dealer as usual I will pm you and tell myou all about it. two weeks to change the right switch housing calls for.8 hours labor told me had to take faring off to wire in the switch. Called another dealer they lafed said dont have to take faring off to change housing. Man they hate working on my bike so it will be the last time glad you got your pipe wraped realy helped my bike. And cut down on lifter and valve noise got the air leak fixed right and put the pcv/ign on. Now I want to take to so guys named two brs custom exhaust to get the cross over cut and made into true duels. Hope it sounds better but got to get it redynoed. My e-mail is bskz4@frontier.com lets talk some time sound good. B Cope.

dang BCOPE they are killing you! I am going to wrap my pipes this weekend, and flush the RAD and replace with engine ice, and install a fan switch like RACNRAY did...planning on selling the PCV and trying the one with ignition as well....also think Ill pull the throttle body off again and use some sealer or gasket maker on it
wrapped pipes, Tornado Air Kit and gasket, V&H slip ons, PCV w/ignition, pin stripe, Ray's mod, Roaring Toyz Bars with Scootworks phat risers, Corbin Young Guns seat, plastidip on chrome, 6 speed cover removed, 70/30 water/coolant mix with waterwetter, klock werks flare
Old 05-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #18
zx10duran

so wrap the exhaust, engine ice and whats up with the fan?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #19
element80
Top Contributor

Garage

Got the pipes wrapped and coolant dumped. Flushed the old stuff Used distiller water but never cranked the bike. It had been sitting cold for at least a day. Y'all think there was enough eg lft in the system to cause trouble with the engine ice?

Well I'm off tomorrow and plan to get the heat shields back on and should get the new pcv with ignition tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement