pipes, air box and fuel mgnt. 2004 1500 fi nomad - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1500

Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
nomadrider2004

Default pipes, air box and fuel mgnt. 2004 1500 fi nomad

i would like to get opinions of 1500 owners on what they did to make a good set-up to upgrade. i am thinking about cobra speedster long with cobra fi2000 powerpro tuner and an aftermarket airbox (do i leave in the idle solenoids?). your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
nomadrider2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
spoon059

I have Vance and Hines dual baggers, a Chucksters Air Kit and a power commander fuel management system. I bought the bike used with the V&H pipes and the fuel module. I bought the Chucksters air kit because it was clean, simple, very effective, looks great and is the best priced aftermarket exhaust available for the Nomad.

http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
reddyford
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I bought the Chucksters air kit because it was clean, simple, very effective, looks great and is the best priced aftermarket EXHAUST available for the Nomad.
Think you mean INTAKE.
reddyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
nomadrider2004

Default chucksters air kit

Quote:
I have Vance and Hines dual baggers, a Chucksters Air Kit and a power commander fuel management system. I bought the bike used with the V&H pipes and the fuel module. I bought the Chucksters air kit because it was clean, simple, very effective, looks great and is the best priced aftermarket exhaust available for the Nomad.

http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/
when the chuckster air kit is installed did you have to remove anything (idle solenoids)? or did you plug any vaccum lines (marble or plug line to reed valves on the cyl. heads)? i must assume that the intake filter (left side of bike next to your leg) and the crossover air tunnel (under the seat) have also been removed? looking forward to your answers - thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
spoon059

You can't fix stupid... I did mean INTAKE not EXHAUST.

In reference to the Chucksters kit, I can't really give you too much info. My install was slightly different because it came equipped with a different aftermarket intake. I took that one off and replaced it with the Chucksters kit. My idle solenoids were removed, and I am fairly certain that the vacuum lines are plugged or removed. The instructions are really easy to follow. If you search for Chucksters on here or on vulcanbagger.com, you can get tons of info about it.

I know that the crossover tube gets removed.

There are 2 options with the Chucksters kit.

The "single plate" is an open element on the right side, with the left side bowl and filter removed. That leaves the left side open, or you can put a horn cover there and move your ignition switch to the horn cover.
The "dual plate" allows you to keep the left side bowl (just aesthetic, no air is used from that side) and allows you to place the stock right side bowl OVER the filter element on the right side. That way you get the benefit of the improved intake while maintaining the stock look.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
reddyford
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
You can't fix stupid... I did mean INTAKE not EXHAUST.
Definitely not stupid, just an honest mistake. I didn't want the nubies going .
reddyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Murphy

very interesting info.
What are the most apparant benefits of chucksters intake mod?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
nomadrider2004

i basically had the same setup on my bike as you now do. the crossover tube is removed, the right side is now an aftermarket thunder mfg. air box with k&n filter. the solenoids are removed and the 2 metal tubes connected to them are plugged. but also there is, or was in my case a vaccum hose from the solenoid location leading to the reed valves on the heads. this tube is to be plugged or removed also. with this setup the problem i encountered was that with the 2 metal solenoid tubes plugged caused my motor to carbon up bad. this is why i am asking others for their opions and their setups so i can finally tackle this problem. all advice is appreciated.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
spoon059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
very interesting info.
What are the most apparant benefits of chucksters intake mod?
Its a high quality air intake. Combined with an exhaust and a fuel controller you can get more power out of your engine/

Its the best priced aftermarket intake for our bikes. Chuckster makes the hardware himself and has low overhead. They look great and function well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement