Victory Motorcycles test ride..... - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
Sarge Five-0

There is a dealer close by that encourages you to take the bike for a minimum of 45 miles, take your time and make sure you want the bike.
Sarge Five-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
Bill Braske
Top Contributor

When I test drove my V2K ('04, used). The gal at the dealership saw me out & just said "See ya when I see ya". It had 13K miles on it, so putting a few more on wasn't going to make a difference. Besides, they had my bike. I did probably 100 miles.

I don't think I'd buy a bike if I couldn't test beat it first. I know this dealer won't do test rides on sport bikes (they might let an old guy like me).
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Victory's slogan is "Ride one and you'll own one". Sounds like they are putting their money where their mouth is. Right now, I'm not surprised to see Victory doing a lot of loss-leader type stuff. They are established (and have a well established parent company), and have their sights set on dethroning Harley Davidson, and I think their principle audience is actually METRIC riders who are considering H-D (and thus aren't loyal to a brand, but would possibly spend that much on a bike!)

You will probably have to sign a waiver though that says ANY damage will result in you needing to forfeit the entire MSRP purchase price for the bike. Check with your insurance before doing anything like that. Doesn't matter if an old lady backs into it while you are parked at the gas station, you break it you bought it! Make sure your insurance covers you. They may say that you are covered on whatever you ride, but that might just be for liability!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Braske View Post

I don't think I'd buy a bike if I couldn't test beat it first. I know this dealer won't do test rides on sport bikes (they might let an old guy like me).
yea, i would never buy a bike without being able to test drive also.

i was able to test drive my V2K. But.. the previous spring I had bought a jet ski from them (same dealer). So.. it's not like they didn't know me or have my info.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
pcarrell

Sounds to me like they're trying to build brand loyalty. Victory's have a notoriously poor resale value in my area, though I personally think it's undeserved. Fact is, around here, once you've bought one, you'd better like it, or you're going to take a big hit on resale. A strategy like this might be what's needed to build that brand loyalty and therefore add to the extended value of the product. If people see a product as retaining value, they'll be more apt to buy a new one. Look at Hyundai (cages) as an example. When they first came out, everyone thought they were cheap Asian junk. My father just bought a brand new Hyundai because he could buy a 2 or 3 year old model, or pay a couple thousand more for a brand new one.

Letting a potential customer try out a product on their own terms is a great marketing strategy towards building brand loyalty.
My 2001 Drifter 1500
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
Busboy

I've seen a lot of bikie gang members here riding Victorys along with H-D and M109's.
Although the club members r mostly of middle eastern variety now. Heavily into drugs n crime.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Vulcan VN1600 Classic '06
Fitted: tachometer, genuine windshield, K Drive hard bags, upgraded Meanstreak clutch spring with Judges washers, Cobra Speedster Longshots, Dobeck TFI controller, Chucksters air filter plate, Mustang seats with drivers backrest.

Up coming items: volt meter, oil and temp gauges.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #17
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

I would never buy a NEW bike that had test ride miles on it.

I love Demo days, and like what the Honda and Kaw dealership near me did recently. They had a few NEW bikes for test rides; that were moving from dealership to dealership. I had my 2nd VV test ride there; and took a Goldwing out for about 45 minutes (had to find some curves).

If you can rent a bike for the weekend; or take advantage of that Aussie Victory deal. That would be the way know if it is the right bike.

Even with a 45 minute ride; the best you can expect, is to know if is the WRONG bike.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

I bullied my way in to a "test ride" for the mean streak. The shop did not allow test rides and I had already hassled and haggled a price. I told the owner that I would not buy unless I could ride it. (I had already been approved for the loan). He would not let me. So I told him if he would let me at least ride his personal one I would buy it. And If i did not like it I would get one from him. And he agreed and let me ride his.

I did stop and a Victory Dealer about a week or so and looked at the bikes (I was actually eyeballing Polaris ATVs/UTVs). I was not overly impressed with the bikes but I also did not ride one either.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
Busboy

Hey guys, here's the link to the Aussie Victory site where they advertise the free weekend test ride, plus accommodation.

http://victorymotorcycles.com.au/specials/test-ride/
Fitted: tachometer, genuine windshield, K Drive hard bags, upgraded Meanstreak clutch spring with Judges washers, Cobra Speedster Longshots, Dobeck TFI controller, Chucksters air filter plate, Mustang seats with drivers backrest.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
Busboy

Just had a look and u can book any 1 of 10 models u can test ride.

Which would be ur ride for the weekend?

Last edited by Busboy; 11-29-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Wrong info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement