The 900 is gone. - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
SickNic

Default The 900 is gone.

I bought a new bike today. I wanted to say thanks to this great forum. I learned a ton here and wouldn't of been able to build such a cool Vulcan if it weren't for this place. As with most people, if I had the money I would keep both. I am moving on to a 2013 Kawi Ninja zx6r 636. Going the rocket route for now. Here they are. One on the way in, the other on the way out. It was hard watching the Vulcan go. I love that bike.

Barons 4" kickback risers*Kury ISO Grips n Pegs
Kury Chrome Levers*Saddlemen Renegade tatoo flame solo seat* Progressive 465 rear shock 1" lower*Kury side mount plate*Kury silver bullet LED turn....

Last edited by SickNic; 11-28-2012 at 08:47 AM.
SickNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Nice new ride. I can imagine it was hard to see your custom go. Have fun, be safe.

2010 900 Classic
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
Comanche

Garage

Still a Kawi so all is not lost!

They both look sweet.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Boomer914

It's not a 636, they stopped making them. Its a 6

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ride 'till

Vulcan 1600 classic
Memphis shades 19'' Black E-Coated straps

Just Stock Fun For Now!!!!
Boomer914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

I know nothing at all about sport bikes but it has "636" right on the plastic.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
SickNic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer914 View Post
It's not a 636, they stopped making them. Its a 6

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
2013 is a 636. Kawi made some awesome changes to the zxr for the new model year. 36 extra cc's is one of them.
Kury Chrome Levers*Saddlemen Renegade tatoo flame solo seat* Progressive 465 rear shock 1" lower*Kury side mount plate*Kury silver bullet LED turn....
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

That is one beautiful bike Nic!
Actually two beautiful bikes.

I still want a sport bike pretty bad; and if the wife had not taken to the pillion seat so much, I would probably have one instead of my Voyager.

I have never ridden a sport bike; and hope I get a chance at the Kaw Demo Days this year. So, I have a question.

That -6R is a supersport and more of a racing design; right?
I do like the idea of more hp and precision turning; but the position is quite a bit lower.
The 650 is more tuned for street riding (engine and steering) and the position is more upright.

If you don't mind talking about your new baby ; what were the deciding factors for taking the 6R instead of the 650?

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
kingnba6
Top Contributor

kawi brought back the 636 in 2013. great way. i love the ability to have both types of bikes. hopefully you will ride safe and enjoy the new bike
kingnba6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Infinite_Day

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_in_TX View Post

I still want a sport bike pretty bad; and if the wife had not taken to the pillion seat so much, I would probably have one instead of my Voyager.

I have never ridden a sport bike; and hope I get a chance at the Kaw Demo Days this year. So, I have a question.

I do like the idea of more hp and precision turning; but the position is quite a bit lower.
The 650 is more tuned for street riding (engine and steering) and the position is more upright.

If you don't mind talking about your new baby ; what were the deciding factors for taking the 6R instead of the 650?

Scott
I can't comment directly on the Kawis but I've owned an R6 and an SV650 which are really quite similar to the 6R and 650 Ninja. The 650 will be closer to a "standard" in riding position and will have a more upright riding position with the pegs lower and more forward giving it a more comfortable ride. The bars are higher too. Suspension is usually a little more compliant. Neither the SV or the R6 were comfortable for me for more than about 45 mins of riding. It's hard on the knees - particularly when your knees suck to begin with - and also not great for the wrists. There's no comparison in power between a SS 600 and a 650. The 650 will make more torque but an I-4 600 is designed simply to rev high and go super fast. I personally don't think anything bigger than a 600 super-sport is necessary for street use because I would unintentionally horsepower wheelie my R6 in 3rd gear and it was an '03. You get to a point where a bike is just not useable to it's full capabilities on crappy public roads. That being said - I fully believe everbody should ride a sport bike at some point in their lives. I hit 140mph on my R6 and it had plenty more to give but when you get tunnel vision and the dotted white line becomes a solid one it's time to back off for me. Acceleration on a sport bike is unlike anything else you'll probably get with wheels and a motor for ~$11K. Damn things just aren't practical as an only bike when you get older.... and married....
Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
SickNic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_in_TX View Post

Scott
It was a combo of things. My biggest factor was comfort, and for some reason with the way the front end is set up, I fit the 636 better. Horsepower, traction & fuel controllers, suspension etc all huge bonus. I sat on almost everything out there. I couldn't feel comfy in the position the 650 put me in. 2013 also has many improvments by Kawi targeting the bike to the street rider. I was real surprised at how much better the 636 fit under my butt. My pocket book on the other hand wasn't quite as happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement