My first Classic LT..... - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Pearhead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
Geez, I went and looked at the Baron's air intakes. I'm either gonna have to take out a 2nd on the house or put the honey on the streets. Damn, I think I'm gonna run mine clean for awhile and hope I don't grab a lot of dirt. I can't afford that right now.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ka...formance-parts.
for the one I have....
Sharp Curves.
TFI Fuel Contollor.
Custom Lowers.
Custom Luggage Rack.
Windscreen Leaned Back.
Avon Cobra, Front
Darkside:Yokohoma Envigor,205/60
33 Tooth front Pulley
Pearhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
jmorris

Thanks Pearhead for the link. I saw an Arlen Ness Big Sucker on there that looks kinda like the one I put on my 1600 Classic. I may try that one. On my 1600 I put them on both sides. Does the Classic LT take it on both or just the right side???

Mike
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
Pearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
Thanks Pearhead for the link. I saw an Arlen Ness Big Sucker on there that looks kinda like the one I put on my 1600 Classic. I may try that one. On my 1600 I put them on both sides. Does the Classic LT take it on both or just the right side???

Mike
Just right side is the air filter.
The left side is the coil cover

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sharp Curves.
TFI Fuel Contollor.
Custom Lowers.
Custom Luggage Rack.
Windscreen Leaned Back.
Avon Cobra, Front
Darkside:Yokohoma Envigor,205/60
33 Tooth front Pulley
Pearhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
jmorris

OK guys, you haven't steered me wrong yet. I really like the Baron's intake but it is a little pricey. I've found something that's called Arlen Ness Intake Kit specifically for the Classic LT. Considerably cheaper, just not as stylish. I can live with non-stylish for that amount of difference. Anyone else either heard of these or maybe are using them now??
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #25
Wild_Bill

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd2.3 View Post
Im not meaning to toss COLD water on all you High air Flow design[aka K& N] filter fans & Im not an engineer, but I DO hold a decades old, qualified Journeymans ticket.
Thus I would like to have one of you supporters explain to me exactly HOW a filter that can flow MORE air into my engine, can do it without also flowing MORE dirt. I can see through a high flow filter, the spaces in the material are VISIBLE to the naked eye. The High flow design filter increases its filter efficiency as it gets dirty, meaning that dirt is trapped on the filter media & reduces the open spaces in the media. Thus a dirty High flow does a better job of cleaning your engines air?, BUT it also reduces it air flow rate as it clogs, so what do we do? WE CLEAN IT , allowing more dirt into the engine.
FYI, it takes only ONE oz of road dust per 100 cubic INCHES of engine, getting through the filter to TOTALLY ruin your engine !!!! That means that if y our V2K's air filter lets 1.25 OUNCES of dust into the engine OVER THE LIFE OF THE ENGINE, its worn internally , beyond acceptable limits !!! Think about it guys!!!!
I have yet to be convinced by filter reps & salespeople , that ANY brand of high flow filter can achieve increased air flow without sacrificing filter efficiency.
Just MY opinion & experience.
I'm thinking along same line as you. I live 3/4 mile down a dirt road and I am not about to change from oem filter. I have changed them , on both bikes but they needed it.
Wild_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement