Cobra powerpro and powerflo - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

not saying it is or isnt better but there are two ways that i can quickly think of in which the barron's could be better.... first is the possibility of higher quality materials and second is a better machining process....
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
dwhit

Brian, I just ordered the fi2000 and cobra intake and was wondering if the difference in performance is really that noticeable and does the air box sick out further than the stock airbox? I'm looking forward to getting it installed but have to admit am a little nervous about putting in the fi2000. I got the older one so i may have to splice but the price difference was to good to pass up. I have stock pipes with 6 holes in the baffle , i figured i'd try this debaffle before buying pipes but i have a feeling i will get new pipes in year or so
dwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
Brian_Hanshaw
Premium Member

Dwhit, the airbox sticks out just a little further than the stock. It's not enough to be a problem. The performance has definitely improved. There is no hesitation when you twist the throttle now. Install was pretty easy. Take off the stock airbox and install your fi2000 and then put the new airkit on.I took out my tool kit under the seat and mounted my fi2000 in its spot. I did the whole 8 hole debaffle before I decided to buy my pipes. There's no comparison between my debaffled stock pipes and my cobra longs. They have a deep rumble you can't get with the debaffled stock pipes. Good luck on the install and post a picture when you get it done.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
diehard rider
Top Contributor

Brian, I have the same set up as you do and love it, but im wondering what are your setting on the fi2000? Mine are 3.5/5/1, I was getting more popping than I liked so I moved the middle pod up from 3 to 5 and it took out almost all the popping but did drop mpg a little. If I was worried about getting 40-43 mpg I guess I wouldn't have done the mods in the first place...right! thanks!

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Kawi 14" Windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
D&D slip on exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
diehard rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
Vulcar

I purchased the FI2000 when I put on the Cobra pipes. A little popping on decel sometimes. I have ordered the Cobra Power Flo and looking forward to installing it this week. I got a UPS notice it is being delivered today. Awesome. I will let you know what difference if any, I see or hear.

2007 VN900 Classic LT (Dragon Theme)
Cobra- Pipes, FI2000, Passenger Floor boards, Engine guard and luggage rack.
Memphis Shade with 9" windshield.
Mustang seat
Chrome covers for neck, radiator, Rear brake Master Cylinder, and regulator.
Kuryakan Grips
RC Components Nitro Chrome wheels w/ Night Dragon Tires.
Çobra Power Flo breather
Vulcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Brian_Hanshaw
Premium Member

Diehard, I bought the fi2000r. All you do is install it and it does the rest. There are no dials to set. I bought it from Cli-max riding gear for $459.00 with free shipping. I ordered it on Sunday and got it on Tuesday.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
Vulcar

Wow. Just installed the Cobra Powerflo breather Friday evening. Installation was very easy. I already had the cobra pipes and FI2000. I had popping and it seemed the bike labored prior to the powerflo installation. What I noticed first of all was how awesome it looks on the bike. Upon powerup I quickly noticed how much better it sounds just ideling. I was super impressed Saturday on a 150 ride around the area. The bike has much more power. It responds quickly when you hit the throttle. My girlfriend who rides her own bike said it sounds awesome running down the road. I did notice also it sound louder with a deeper growl. I love the whole setup.

Mustang seat
Kuryakan Grips
Çobra Power Flo breather
Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
dwhit

Finally got the cobra air intake installed along with the fi2000. the t taps were a pain at the beginning just getting them to close around the wires but after getting them to close the rest was five minutes and than done. For the air intake , it went easy as well but, what do i do with the upper hose? I attached the lower hose to the bracket but where do i attach the upper hose? the directions did not mention it and they provided a cap with a cushion inside of it so i used that to cap it off. Is that right?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Vulcar

When I installed the Corbra Power Flo breather, they had a an aluminum piece that had a small round black filter in it. The hose attched to it and they had you simply work the hose so that that it faced toward the rear of the bike. It did not connect to the breather. I guess the filter keeps something from being sucked into it.

Mustang seat
Kuryakan Grips
Çobra Power Flo breather
Old 12-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #20
dwhit

Yeah, that was the piece i had as well. I wonder if this is the same as marbling to prevent backfires? It seems to be the same principle. I did the same , just put the piece in the hose and let it dangle. I guess i'll move it so it faces toward the back. i haven't noticed a substantial difference but i think it gave me what i was looking for especially at the higher rpm's. overall i'm happy with it.

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement