Power commander vs Fi2000 Power Pro Tuner - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > Engine Work

Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #31
mrdude

Default Fi2000r

Quote:
Originally Posted by weber81 View Post
I'm in the process of installing Cobra speedster long pipes on my 09 vn900 - dealer recommended installing the dynojet power commander at the same time. I've done some reading about Cobra's Fi2000 Power Pro tuner with continuous variable tuning. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding best choice between the two with pros and cons? Or, any other choices to consider for performance and worry-free fuel-air mix?
WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP.. Having said that, i installed one on 2011 voyager. sounds like diesel with jake brake on decel .popping etc. have vance an hines slipons kn fltr. Cobra wants me to call california on my dime to see if there is a solution. I have one. throw it in the lake an get a power commander
mrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #32
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyride View Post
...if you can't live on the edge get the F#@* off the planet.
Geez...
whoaru99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #33
mrjava

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP.. Having said that, i installed one on 2011 voyager. sounds like diesel with jake brake on decel .popping etc. have vance an hines slipons kn fltr. Cobra wants me to call california on my dime to see if there is a solution. I have one. throw it in the lake an get a power commander
They have a replacement board with an adjustable pot which addresses that situation.
Cost is FREE, shipping is FREE, time to install? almost 2 minutes.

Amsoil Oil & Filter
HID 65W headlight
Stebel Horn
RacnRay Throttle Mod
Avon Grips
Cobra FI2000 PowerPro V2
Shorai Battery LFX21A6-BS12
ClearView 16 1/2 windshield
Thunder Airkit 51010
Thunder Throttle body gasket
Scootworks' PhatRisers 1XVB
Michelin Commander II F7R @3250 miles
Progressive 430 rear shocks
Progressive 10-2210 front springs

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mrjava65/vn1700
Chevron, Mobil, Shell 92 octane
mrjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #34
Draca

I just returned from a 2000 mile road trip (two up) to New England (Americade - Lake George, NY; and Bike Week, Laconia, NH) from northern Virginia. Earlier this year I installed the Cobra PowerPro, along with the Thunder Air Kit, on my 2011 ABS Voyager (I left the factory exhausts in place). I was expecting more performance and better mpg then the 38 mpg I was getting. Here's want I observed:

Based on my not so scientific butt meter, there was a felt increase in performance, in nearly every gear. Twisting the throttle in the lower gears will get you to speed in a hurry; however, there is a price to be paid in reduced mpg. Dropping into 4th gear to pass while on the highway is confidently fast while 5th remained the main highway gear until you hit the flat blacktop and you want to cruise at 70-80 mph.

During the trip my mpg ranged from 35 - 41 mpg. Perhaps it is stating the obvious, but given the increase in performance I had to change my throttle technique to maximize mpg. It was so easy to get to speed in a hurry, without even giving it a second thought, so smooth and early shifting got me better mpg (duh). The bike was very responsive, so when working it aggressively through the twisty's in the NH mountains or in the stop and go traffic of Wash DC, mpg was 35/36. At highway speed, 55-65 mph, it would get 40/41. Above 65mph, it didn't matter whether I was in 5th or 6th, mpg was in the 38mpg range (the same as before the installation).

I run full synthetic oil in the bike which helped reduce felt heat on my inner thighs. The engine temp gauge was usually pointed straight up at the halfway mark or below while on the highway; and in stop and go traffic, just slightly above the first mark right of halfway.

With the addition of the Thunder Air Kit, there is a little more noise coming up from the engine, but it isn't bothersome at all. There is some backfiring/popping upon hard deceleration upon down shifting; however, it isn't something that bothers me or my spouse.

When all is said and done, I'm getting more performance with about the same mpg. If I behave myself, I get better mpg, which I couldn't get before the PowerPro/Thunder Air Kit installation. I'm keen to believe that each bike will perform differently based on road conditions and rider technique. These were my observations. Ride safe.
Draca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
mrdude

Default cobra crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjava View Post
They have a replacement board with an adjustable pot which addresses that situation.
Cost is FREE, shipping is FREE, time to install? almost 2 minutes.
Why buy the
to begin with . Been in conatnt talk with cobra mike lance all i got was check pipes etc.. finally replaced it with old style an guess what problem solved......
mrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #36
Napom
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draca View Post
I just returned from a 2000 mile road trip (two up) to New England (Americade - Lake George, NY; and Bike Week, Laconia, NH) from northern Virginia. Earlier this year I installed the Cobra PowerPro, along with the Thunder Air Kit, on my 2011 ABS Voyager (I left the factory exhausts in place). I was expecting more performance and better mpg then the 38 mpg I was getting. Here's want I observed:

Based on my not so scientific butt meter, there was a felt increase in performance, in nearly every gear. Twisting the throttle in the lower gears will get you to speed in a hurry; however, there is a price to be paid in reduced mpg. Dropping into 4th gear to pass while on the highway is confidently fast while 5th remained the main highway gear until you hit the flat blacktop and you want to cruise at 70-80 mph.

During the trip my mpg ranged from 35 - 41 mpg. Perhaps it is stating the obvious, but given the increase in performance I had to change my throttle technique to maximize mpg. It was so easy to get to speed in a hurry, without even giving it a second thought, so smooth and early shifting got me better mpg (duh). The bike was very responsive, so when working it aggressively through the twisty's in the NH mountains or in the stop and go traffic of Wash DC, mpg was 35/36. At highway speed, 55-65 mph, it would get 40/41. Above 65mph, it didn't matter whether I was in 5th or 6th, mpg was in the 38mpg range (the same as before the installation).

I run full synthetic oil in the bike which helped reduce felt heat on my inner thighs. The engine temp gauge was usually pointed straight up at the halfway mark or below while on the highway; and in stop and go traffic, just slightly above the first mark right of halfway.

With the addition of the Thunder Air Kit, there is a little more noise coming up from the engine, but it isn't bothersome at all. There is some backfiring/popping upon hard deceleration upon down shifting; however, it isn't something that bothers me or my spouse.

When all is said and done, I'm getting more performance with about the same mpg. If I behave myself, I get better mpg, which I couldn't get before the PowerPro/Thunder Air Kit installation. I'm keen to believe that each bike will perform differently based on road conditions and rider technique. These were my observations. Ride safe.
I should be getting my Air Kit and Power pro tomorrow . . . I am very interested to see what effect each one has . . .

We still need to hook up at the Wagon Wheel one day . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Cobra Tri Ovals/PowerPro
Wrapped Headers
CB/Rear Speakers
SageBrush Designs Tank Bib
Marvellas Psgr Pegs
Kury TourTech Mounts
Chrome Psgr board bottoms
12" Windshield
Russell Day Long seat w/backrest
Superbrightleds.com brake strobe
Kury T/S mirrors
Kury moon light LEDs
Avon grips w/Throttle Magic by RacnRay
Kury Phase 6 LED Headlight & spotlights

Ride Bells by Sabrehood brothers MinatourAce and Outlaw

Blue Knights VA II
Ride With Pride
Napom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
tonybeck51

I have a 04 mean streak ,the problem is, it starts and runs great, at around 33 to 3500 rpm +/- 2-3 hundred rpm it starts to cutout. Seems to do it when I use the turn signals or high beam,I know you're thinking voltage ck'ed output within spec's, ck'ed fuel pressure, all connections ck'ed. Can it be a DFI box or a bad injector. Why does it run perfect at speeds lower then 65-70 mph I can use all the acc's there is and no miss.
tonybeck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #38
whoaru99
Top Contributor

tonybeck51 you should probably start a separate thread for your specific problem.
whoaru99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #39
18 Til I Die

Default Hows you Pipes, Cobro Powerpro tuner running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo 900 View Post
I have added the swept exhaust, air intake and auto tuner from Cobra to my 2011 Classic SE. The pipes and air intake in black look great, and in my opinion the bike's HP has increased at least 10% .
Hi Lazlo
I have the same bike and looking to put on Vance and Hinds Slashed stagged this winter and looking to see if I should use CObra Powerpro or Dyna commander or just fuel paks (from Vance and Hinds). Getting very confused with all the differences. Also will only be putting a k & N High Flo air filter on not a new air box. (really don't like the look).
Main purpose a better sound and some additional torque and hp.

Wanted to know how your upgrades went this season.
Thanks
Gayle

Gayle
Marlboro, NJ

2011 Vulcan 900 Classic SE
2008 Yamaha 650 Classic
First Bike - 2008 Virago 250
18 Til I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #40
iamarchie

Garage
Default cobra powerpro fi2000 auto tunner

I installed this tuner on my 07 1600 classic two months ago. Below 3000 rpms she's has been feeling doggy even in 1-3rd gear. at slowing down or decreasing rpms ive been smelling fuel and im getting around 30-32 mph. This is the worst miles per gallon ive experianced since owning the bike 1.5 yrs ago. Cobra tech. is calling me tomorrow to "help me out". if I can swing it i hope to put the cash back in my pocket and give them their tunner back. I have the barons big air kit, cobra hp 2 into 1 pipe.

Diffrent subject; AeroMach makes some nice risers which I installed i am very pleased. They also make other bike parts here in the USA. I had a little problem with a chrome buttom that fits in the allen head on the riser bolt. They made sure it was right. The owner sent me 4 new chrome buttons.Iin todays world of sorry your not happy. THESE GUYS ARE AWSOME, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWSOME. THE OWNER PAUL, OPERATES ON FAIR TRADE AND HIGH ETHICS. GOD BLESS AEROMACH. aeromachmfg.com
Bret

Last edited by iamarchie; 11-27-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: I don't know how to spell tunner..wait tuner. thats it.
iamarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement