Microfiber warning - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Corigan

Easy OFF oven cleaner works for frogg toggs. I assume it would probably work for the MF burn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
Comanche

Garage

Some stuff that's really good at cleaning chrome and metal is that Barkeeper's Friend. It's non-abrasive and stings slightly on your skin but isn't harmful to you but if a person has allergies or skin irritation issues they can just use rubber, nitrile or latex gloves when using it. Use it on any metal surface that is NOT HOT though and use water to rinse off completely and repeat if necessary. It doesn't take much of it to work. I always use Q-Tips, soft toothbrushes, wooden dowels, popsicle sticks, non-abrasive scotchbrite, metal scribes, etc. for areas I can't normally reach. Just don't get it in areas where there are cracks and crevices you can't reach but for exterior surface areas it works great.

Last edited by Comanche; 11-18-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Clarification
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
OverHillAndDale
Lifetime Premium

Fellow at work told me to rub the pipes with a wad of aluminum foil. Thought he was crazy but it removed my melted Frogg Togg smear off my pipes easily and didn't scratch them at all.

2010 Vulcan Voyager /Ooops - I totaled it!/
OverHillAndDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
whiting57
Lifetime Premium

maybe .... er, wait until the bike cools down !, Im not trying to be a dick, but why would you wipe a bike down that hot. As far as covers, there are "hot bike " covers that have thermal panels for the hot parts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer.

2010 Custom ... Mutazu Luggage, Pirelli 200 Rear, Saddleman Solo Seat, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Batwing Fairing, Cobra FI2000 Power Pro, freedom performance exhaust
whiting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
cliffdog

Default exhaust cleaning

Use #00 steel wool or finer, and polish, ( mothers, rubbing compound etc.) On a cool exhaust no pun intended, along with a little elbow grease should take care of it.
cliffdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
Gary W.
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
Use #00 steel wool or finer, and polish, ( mothers, rubbing compound etc.) On a cool exhaust no pun intended, along with a little elbow grease should take care of it.
Did try steel wool and something...maybe it was goo gone...didn't touch it. Maybe should have tried coarser steel wool.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyVN900 View Post
This is probably off topic but Frog Toggs do the same disappearing act when only contacting the exhaust for a fraction of a second. I used a wet popsicle stick and some non abrasive comet soap powder and it eventually came off, The new Frog Toggs didn't fare so well however. I guess it's back to my Nelson Riggs.
Just have a piece of leather sewn on the area that would hit the pipe, it works great. I paid 10$ to have it done. It is thin leather but works great.

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
1barron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
Just have a piece of leather sewn on the area that would hit the pipe, it works great. I paid 10$ to have it done. It is thin leather but works great.
Re Frog Toggs I went Mejer's or Kmart and bought some stick on patch material stuck it to the appropriate place an it worked fine. I also bought some stick on reflector tape for the back of the jacket. I live in fear of being rear ended in the rain.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” Tolkien
1barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement