detailing tips - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 11-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
cliffdog

Default detailing tips

When washing your bike avoid direct sunlight to avoid soap drying. That leaves residue.
Armor all chrome wheel cleaner works better than aluminum wheel cleaner cause it's more aggressive. Do sections at a time and do not use it on UN clear coated aluminum. It will etch it. Spray on all areas you can apply it to.
Saturate the area, let it dwell long enough without it drying and use a pressure washer to clean those areas off. On the black wrinkle finish on the motor,
On the wheels, and on the dirt stained painted areas , these will come much cleaner than you can do with out it. Make sure when doing your wheels that you rotate them 180 degrees so the whole wheel is clean. That stuff works great on spoke rims as well. A great all around polish is mequairs diamond cut polish. Very versatile. With an applicator use it on all painted surfaces including frame rails. Clean off with micro fibers. #00 steel wool or finer, an some polish will virtually clean anything off of chrome and glass .Without scratching it. This includes most stains on the exhaust. That's it for now. If anyone has A.Detail questions text me here and I can help. I have 33 years eco so I am not a rookie.
cliffdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
rick
Top Contributor

Garage

The tip for spoke wheels is appriciated. With chain drive and spokes, they are never clean on mine. Will give it a try and post back in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Blockhead
Top Contributor

For white walls use Westley's Bleche White (yes that is the correct spelling). Just spray it on, wait a couple minutes and wipe with wet soapy sponge, then rinse. Tires will look brand new.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Smedlin's detailing tips - Don't get the bike dirty

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
rick
Top Contributor

Garage

I use the Westley's on mine. Great stuff!! Smedlin, one major flaw in your tip, I bought my bike to ride.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
street325

Default Buy The Best for the BEAST

I have used this product for years, rain or shine, bugs or not, bike can be cleaned in 10 minutes or less. Wolfgang products Fuzion Wax, $50 for 3oz or $175 for 8oz. It is Awesome on dark colors, makes my black bike look like its wet all the time!!! Give it a try, so slick you slide off and really can't even see fingerprints!! Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax @ Superior car care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autogeek_2235_98372173.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	14305  
street325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
street325

Default Outshines the Hardley's!!

This was shot before getting on the Ferry to the Lonestar Rally in Galveston, you can see the depth and shine the Fuzion does to a Black bike!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	14306  
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Dough614

Default Detail

I have boot prints on my exhuast, from theheel of my boot touching the exhuast on take off, what can I use to get it off there, Thx.
Dough614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
street325

Default These may work??

Did you try #oooo extra fine steel wool. maybe acetone to break it down first, if not, Don't shoot me for saying this but Honda brand detail in a can is some awesome cleaner, used it on bugs, pine sap, not a problem, good luck!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

A lot of people swear by easy off oven cleaner (just make sure to read the instructions).

I've read several times about using "magic eraser". Sounds strange, but it's suppose to work. Do a forum search on it (and on oven cleaner)

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement