35 years and I had my first crash yesterday. - Page 10 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #91
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpig59 View Post
Bare: Houston calling, come in Bare. Bare, this is Houston, please respond with SITREP, come in Bare.
I wouldn't tell him how much you have to spend though..

or the bike is going to be priced at THAT amount

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #92
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
I wouldn't tell him how much you have to spend though..

or the bike is going to be priced at THAT amount
Too late, already posted it. I still retain the power of rejection on any offer that could make my butt hurt.
Coolpig59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #93
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpig59 View Post
Too late, already posted it. I still retain the power of rejection on any offer that could make my butt hurt.
Well darn.

There goes my suggestion then..

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #94
gus
Lifetime Premium

Hey Coolpig at least you can talk about it. I hadn't been on this forum since Sept 4 due to something similar. I was riding home and some lady ran a stop sign. Like you I tasted pavement and had a couple of peperonies on my face. After leaving the hospita. with broken ribs and a few other dents on me, I had to fight with her insurance reps. I decided on hiring an attorney. Well my insurance paid for my damages which by the way some were on the engine gaurd and foot rest. I had the presence of mind to pick up my right leg right before impact. My foot rest was bent up somehting aweful up against the engine. I can walk pretty good still. Nothing on my legs except for a peperoni on my knee. On the bright side my bike will be ready and rideable by Wednesday and I can't wait.
Ultimate Seat
odo 25.5K
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #95
V2Celt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
Hey Coolpig at least you can talk about it. I hadn't been on this forum since Sept 4 due to something similar. I was riding home and some lady ran a stop sign. Like you I tasted pavement and had a couple of peperonies on my face. After leaving the hospita. with broken ribs and a few other dents on me, I had to fight with her insurance reps. I decided on hiring an attorney. Well my insurance paid for my damages which by the way some were on the engine gaurd and foot rest. I had the presence of mind to pick up my right leg right before impact. My foot rest was bent up somehting aweful up against the engine. I can walk pretty good still. Nothing on my legs except for a peperoni on my knee. On the bright side my bike will be ready and rideable by Wednesday and I can't wait.
Roll on wed Gus, good luck man.
V2Celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #96
Jammin'John
Top Contributor

Wink Deer

Most of my accidents have been deer collisions.
Living in the wilderness https://www.google.com/search?q=tug+...w=1200&bih=677 I have a lot of the little bastards to deal with.

JJ

NOT a member of an organized religion
Jammin'John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #97
Old Bear
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
Most of my accidents have been deer collisions.
Living in the wilderness https://www.google.com/search?q=tug+...w=1200&bih=677 I have a lot of the little bastards to deal with.
JJ
Ya do that here in Tennessee, at least you have the option to take it home and cook it! Can't do that with cagers though - they don't cook well, too stringy!
Old Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #98
Dadinator
Top Contributor

Just read this thread, Pig.

Crashing truly does suck...

Glad you came out pretty much OK, considering.

Good Luck getting a new bike.

Sorry for the loss of the V2K.

Hope you heal quick.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #99
kevmac1959

Default My First on My 2000

After 58,000 plus miles and 3 years on my 2000 classic I went down. I have over $6,000.00 in extras added to the bike. It has a bent frame. Front end is bent to left sitting on the bike. Now what do I do ? Sell it to a salvage yard ? Piece part it on Craigs list ? I don't know if it's worth all the time and money to fix her. What do you all think ?
kevmac1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #100
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac1959 View Post
After 58,000 plus miles and 3 years on my 2000 classic I went down. I have over $6,000.00 in extras added to the bike. It has a bent frame. Front end is bent to left sitting on the bike. Now what do I do ? Sell it to a salvage yard ? Piece part it on Craigs list ? I don't know if it's worth all the time and money to fix her. What do you all think ?
If you didn't have collision insurance you're much better off to just set it up on the stand somewhere and start tearing it apart for the pieces.

The engine alone is probably worth $2500, approximately. All of the accessories that you have on it you can probably sell them to other guys that own Vulcans. At least you could get some money back out of it.
Coolpig59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement