modified caddman intake - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
pittdave

Default modified caddman intake

Has anyone done this mod? I would like to just the right side. It seems its as easy as disconnecting the ICS on the right and adding the air filter of your choosing or am i missing anything else. Whats been the power difference?? Was a Fuel Processor needed? I plan on adding the processor and new pipes eventually but if the new intake gives me a boost now for that cheap, I'll go ahead and do it
pittdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
reddyford
Top Contributor

Garage

I just installed the Caddman intake on my 08 !500 Classic. Left the left side alone. The bike is stored so I haven't run it with this mod yet. You'll be OK without a Fuel Processor until you replace the exhaust. These are the components I used.

K&N E-3527 High Performance Custom Air Filter $39.57 Amazon.com LLC
Spectre Performance 4770 9" x 2" Air Cleaner $19.99

Jone'n for a ride but will have to wait till spring.

Last edited by reddyford; 11-17-2012 at 02:16 PM.
reddyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
pittdave

So i did the mod.. Just got the Spectre air filter and went from there. I did nothing to the left side and just took out the ICS from the right and added the filter. It does have a more airy sound which I guess is due to the open filter(right??) I did notice a big torque difference on heavy throttle.. IT GOES QUICK!! The roll-on at highway was a little better but not like the full-throttle difference. I'm sure it will get even better when I add the Cobra processor and pipes, but for now I'LL TAKE IT!!
pittdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
MJ 21A

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdave View Post
So i did the mod.. Just got the Spectre air filter and went from there. I did nothing to the left side and just took out the ICS from the right and added the filter. It does have a more airy sound which I guess is due to the open filter(right??) I did notice a big torque difference on heavy throttle.. IT GOES QUICK!! The roll-on at highway was a little better but not like the full-throttle difference. I'm sure it will get even better when I add the Cobra processor and pipes, but for now I'LL TAKE IT!!
That is one way to do it, and I have done it that way too. With the stock pipes you should be OK, but check the plugs to make sure you are not runing too lean. When you get around to it, add pipes and a fuel processor and then you will FEEL the dif.
2007, 1600 Nomad, Black and Chrome, Fairing/windshield w/Laminar lip, Cycle Sound Housing w/Stereo/GPS, Throttle lock/Assist, Handlebar raisers, HD chrome fork lowers, Head Light Modulator, Driving fog/spot lights, Trunk w/ top rack, backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, DeBaffled pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake, K&N air filter, FI2000, Top and side rails on bags. Foot pegs, Wolo horn, extra running lights in back, Some pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.
MJ 21A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Meanie

Just an FYI. Spectre 47708 kit is the same as the "4770" listed on the Caddman install page. However, it is the Spectre performance filter (K&N knockoff). And I found a great deal at SFX Performance for $34.11 after shipping. Carid.com has it for $33.99 shipped as well.

And for those out there who think this is a difficult modification, rest assured. I installed my half-Caddman set-up in 5 minutes with very basic tools.
-Full Caddman with resistor mod
-Biltwell white grips
-Shinko 777 white walls
-Factory driving lights and crashbar

2002 Mean Streak (sold)
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
philvt

Has anyone done this mod with a carbed model 1500?? If so I would LOVE to pick your brain!

Meanie, SO GLAD you mentioned that. I was hoping there was some way to do that and not have to mess with the base white filters. Rock on!
philvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement