After market comfort stuff - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Classifieds > Apparel & Accessories For Sale

Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
londonoi
Banned

also these particular pegs were made to match the frame of the bike which is a flat black color and texture.
londonoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

I think if the footpeg part was larger, and it had a rubber pad that matched the rubber pad on the floorboards it would match better. I do like these, I've always like this 'style' of highway peg.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
Old Bear
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonoi View Post
Im always happy to hear what riders like and dislike. there are many different tastes out there. I was curious what you thought would make them "match the floorboards better?"
Thanks
I prefer something that attaches to the floorboard as your pegs do, don't like the tacky (to me) bolt-onto-the-engine-guard with arms and levers and whatever to get the peg back to me so I can use it! But I agree with Romans. I would like to see something that looked more like a mini-floorboard in either chrome or gloss black with a couple of rubber strips on it. Of course the problem will be I doubt you can make that and sell it for $85!
Old Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
Brichm03

If you look at the Kuryakyn pegs they are rubber and chrome like the equipment on the bike. The "rubber" pegs look like they have skateboard grip tape on them.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Floorboar...FYw-Mgods1QAaw

The product in the link, though more expensive matches the look of the bike much better, just my 2 cents though.

Cobra Pipes
Cobra Fi2000r
Cobra Billet Tachometer
Mustang Seat with Mustang Passenger Backrest
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Intake
Engine Guard
Kuryakrn Grips
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Passenger Floorboards
Brichm03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
londonoi
Banned

Ya the Kury stuff looks awesome, but its products are also made in China at about $10 per set and sold to us at $140 a set. We make our stuff right here in the U.S.A. by hand not by robot, helping keep jobs here and saving riders some money also. We are always trying to improve our stuff thanks to opinions from riders like you and we appreciate it.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #16
londonoi
Banned

1 other thing is that the $140 Kury floorboard mounts DO NOT include the pegs, depending on the style of peg you want, pegs alone range from $40 to $120. If a man has the money to spend, Great, but if they dont and they still want to put there "feet up" we offer an alternative to High Priced chinese made highway pegs. www.comfortzoneride.com
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
Brichm03

If you offered an option that matched the rubber of the floorboards I'd order a set right now. I like the concept, just not the look so much.

Cobra Pipes
Cobra Fi2000r
Cobra Billet Tachometer
Mustang Seat with Mustang Passenger Backrest
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Intake
Engine Guard
Kuryakrn Grips
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Passenger Floorboards
Brichm03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement