2011 Vaquero 1700 Audio Issue - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
perrykw

Had the same problem with my Voyager. For some reason, if I let the bike sit for a few seconds after I turn the key on before I crank it, I don't have any issues. I normally turn the ignition switch on before I gear up and let it sit while I put my helmet, etc on. No issues as long as I wait a bit before cranking.
Utopia Backrest / Kuryakyn Longhorn Pegs
Yamaha Trunk Rack / Zumo 660 GPS
Touratech Locking GPS Mount
Ipod / CB / Chuckster's Customs Hitch
Chuckster's Customs Parade Flag Mount
Flagpoles by Steve's MC Poles
Cee Bailey's 12 Inch Dark Windshield
Saddlebag and Trunk Led Interior Lights
perrykw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA80 View Post
My brand new nano does the same thing other than the skipping. The stereo would shut off then come back on it hasn't done that in awhile. It still does switch back and forth from AUX to iPod. I think it's that $100 connector. I have even hooked my iPhone to it and it does the same thing. Either that or the stereo. Since I ordered the cable online and it is Kawi part my dealer won't just replace it since it didn't come from them. They will order me a new one if I pay for it which I think is BS. It's long to late to return it from where I bought it. But being a Kawi dealer and a Kawi part I don't see why they just can't replace it.
so you expect your local dealer to go out of their way and possibly take a loss on an item you bought online?.....in the future if you want local support then by local!!!
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #13
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

So, here's what I did.

1) I took out the foam insert and cut it up on the bottom so that slot was larger than required. I noticed one of the edges of the slot was pushing up against the connector ever-so-slightly. I just cut the hell out out of the bottom of the foam.

2) When I stuck the foam insert into the slot, I resisted the impulse to push it down too hard. When I closed the lid there was a little bit of resistance - but hey, it's foam.

No problems since then.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
BigA80

Quote:
Originally Posted by big worm View Post
so you expect your local dealer to go out of their way and possibly take a loss on an item you bought online?.....in the future if you want local support then by local!!!
Worm, so your saying if bought a bike at one Kawi dealership and go to another Kawi dealership for any work I shouldn't expect them to cover anything on it? I bought my bike at a dealership a 100 miles away because my local dealership didn't have any at the time I bought. Kawasaki is Kawaski it's a factory part what difference does it make to the dealer don't they just charge it back to Kawasaki if it's defective? I think should stand behind their stuff no matter where you buy it. I didn't realize a warranty was dealer specific.

2011 Red Vaquero
iPod Adapter / TLC bag liners / KQR luggage rack + KQR mount kit / Kuryakyn: Hwy Pegs w/extensions -ISO grips w/mod -Bar end helmet locks / Thunder stk cover air kit/ PCV / Mustang seat w/backrest / V&H slash cut slip ons / Wrapped exhaust/ 14" Ceebaileys windshield

>2006 Suzuki Boulavard C50
BigA80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Worm, so your saying if bought a bike at one Kawi dealership and go to another Kawi dealership for any work I shouldn't expect them to cover anything on it? I bought my bike at a dealership a 100 miles away because my local dealership didn't have any at the time I bought. Kawasaki is Kawaski it's a factory part what difference does it make to the dealer don't they just charge it back to Kawasaki if it's defective? I think should stand behind their stuff no matter where you buy it. I didn't realize a warranty was dealer specific.
I would personally expect if you purchased the cable from Vendor A and the bike from Vendor B and you think it's a problem with the cable, you'd simply send the cable back to Vendor A for replacement. Done.

Before you do any of that though, you might read this thread a little harder and see if it's actually an issue with the cable or not.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

Quote:
It is not as simple as "kawasaki is kawasaki" each store is owned and operated individualy, they are not a chain like walmart...when it come to the bike yes they will cover it because they will make some money on it... but dont expect to be on the top of their priorty list... as for an accessory that you bought online to save a cpl bux why should they... its not as simple as charging it back to kawasaki....they have to pay shipping on the item... and they also have to pay an employee to call kawi , get waranty approval, then pack up the item for shipping.... all at their expence .....you see that bit of profit they would have made on the item would pay for those expences but someone else made the profit on the item so let that someone else have the headaches......you see thats how it works ... support local buisness and they support you and the community...keep buying online and out of town and the local guy aint gonna be there when you need him... he will be closed out of buisness....
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement