97 800 Classic Running Hot! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 800

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
DBallin69
Member
 
DBallin69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monroe
Posts: 30
Default

Phil.... thanks for info that sounds exactly where im needing more fuel just from a quick test ride.

Comanche.... checked plugs after quick ride and it already looked better then where it was before, a little more tan then before. Gonna turn it out today to 2.5 and see how that goes.

Still cannot believe what a difference this has made. Bike has dual straight pipes and when I knelt down to do the straps on my bags the base from the pipes was so good i felt it in my chest, no bs. Gonna start lookin into checking my valve clearance. Have you guys done it? How hard is it to do? Might even look into cams for next year, pretty impressed by the bike now.
DBallin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Comanche
Senior Member
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 346
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBallin69 View Post
Phil.... thanks for info that sounds exactly where im needing more fuel just from a quick test ride.

Comanche.... checked plugs after quick ride and it already looked better then where it was before, a little more tan then before. Gonna turn it out today to 2.5 and see how that goes.

Still cannot believe what a difference this has made. Bike has dual straight pipes and when I knelt down to do the straps on my bags the base from the pipes was so good i felt it in my chest, no bs. Gonna start lookin into checking my valve clearance. Have you guys done it? How hard is it to do? Might even look into cams for next year, pretty impressed by the bike now.
Valves and cams not hard to do specifically but every model and bike does have its own quirks. When you're ready for that just post up about the things you need help with and already know about because everyone on here is good about pitching in. This is probably the best site I've ever seen where people do actually help and give good advice. I've belonged to sites where people are always trying to find something wrong with what words others use as opposed to trying to help find out what is really wrong with a person's bike and help get it running again in top notch form. Let us know how you did with fine tuning your bike. I've seen best success on my bikes when I find the ideal settings by going just slightly past, backing down slightly past and then back up to the sweet spot because every bike has different internal wear and mechanical variables that affect its performance.
__________________
It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor
 
SWVA_08V2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 3,045
Default

Quote:
Please do not take offense to any of my posts because they are always given in good will and good spirits. Besides, I'm just trying to achieve Top Contributor Status!
You ain't kidding. I have seen you all over this forum. I think you may need to check your self into "PA" postaholics anonymous.
__________________
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
DBallin69
Member
 
DBallin69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monroe
Posts: 30
Default

Yeah Comanche this site is definately a pretty good one. Ive had nothing but good experiences on here. Didint get a chance to work on her today, spent all day workin on the boat lol. Gonna try to get to it tomorrow. When Im ready for cams I will definately post for help on here everyone helps out great.
DBallin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
Comanche
Senior Member
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 346
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWVA_08V2k View Post
You ain't kidding. I have seen you all over this forum. I think you may need to check your self into "PA" postaholics anonymous.
Haha! Just trying to help others out if I can since everyone else on here is good about helping out too including me when I need it. That TC comment is just for funning purposes only so people can get a laugh and not take things personal. It's easy to take written words out of context since the voice is unheard when conveying them thus the need for that qualifier. You once helped me too SWVA and if I'm not mistaken one of the first along with Romans and SFair. Take care and ride safe.
__________________
It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #16
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor
 
SWVA_08V2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 3,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Haha! Just trying to help others out if I can since everyone else on here is good about helping out too including me when I need it. That TC comment is just for funning purposes only so people can get a laugh and not take things personal. It's easy to take written words out of context since the voice is unheard when conveying them thus the need for that qualifier. You once helped me too SWVA and if I'm not mistaken one of the first along with Romans and SFair. Take care and ride safe.
I just had to point it out because it almost made me chuckle when I read it. I actually read it twice to make sure I read it right the first time.
__________________
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium
 
pacomutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBallin69 View Post
Gonna start lookin into checking my valve clearance. Have you guys done it? How hard is it to do? Might even look into cams for next year, pretty impressed by the bike now.
When you're ready to check the valves, check this thread for some info:

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...336#post266336
__________________
Ron in Cincinnati

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
pacomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
Comanche
Senior Member
 
Comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 346
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWVA_08V2k View Post
I just had to point it out because it almost made me chuckle when I read it. I actually read it twice to make sure I read it right the first time.
Aww shoot. Almost making people laugh? That just won't do. In that case I better rephrase my sig tag to:

Besides, I'm just trying to obtain an Honorary Lifetime Premium Membership without having to pay for it in exchange for all of my crafty ideas and suggestions!
__________________
It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum