License plate light bulb - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
AzCruizer

Default License plate light bulb

Just noticed the license plate light has burned out on my Vaquero. I remember reading somewhere about a longer lasting aftermarket replacement bulb from perhaps an auto parts store? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
2011 Vaquero-sold
AzCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Jarob59

Just had my Voyager in for the 5th scheduled maintenance and was told the licence plate bulb was burned out. They didn't even have a replacement bulb in stock. While I was waiting for my ride I roamed around and noticed a LED kit from Bike Master for licence plate application. Not a direct replacement.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Jammin'John
Top Contributor

Question #@#'s

So what is the bulb # for the license light ?

thanks,
John

NOT a member of an organized religion
Jammin'John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Einstein
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCruizer View Post
Just noticed the license plate light has burned out on my Vaquero. I remember reading somewhere about a longer lasting aftermarket replacement bulb from perhaps an auto parts store? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
Thats funny Jim, when I switched out mine for the new plate holder, my bulb was burned out also. Seems to be a pattern of failures
<SOLD> 2004 BobRR
VROC #9925
Dinosaur R/G #128
Phoenix, AZ
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
rick
Top Contributor

Garage

Look for a bulb that has an LL after the number. Example, 1157 will be a standard bulb, 1157LL would be the same bulb, but "long lasting".
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
twowheeladdict
Top Contributor

Garage

35,000 miles and the only bulb that has failed thus far was one of the running lights, but I do leave them on all the time. Upgraded to PIAA extreme running lights and now the headlight is barely noticable during the daylight hours.

There are companies that sell a license plate surround with built in LED light for those who want to clean up the rear end of their bikes and do away with the OEM stuff.

see my garage for list of accessories
twowheeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
bpro215

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCruizer View Post

Thanks in advance...
Mine burnt out last year. I ended up going to Advance Auto and the crossed it with a auto bulb. I don't recal the number but it was for a BMW or a car like that. It was a little brighter but it has been in for over a year now with no problems. If it wasn't so hard to take it out I would go look. worse comes to worse I will if you have no luck on finding one. I know it was a common bulb sold on the shelf
Bill
bpro215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement