Nomad vs 900LT - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
jp58

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke387 View Post
Does ur Nomad have self canceling signals?
The 1700's do have self canceling turn signals. Thats a nice feature.
jp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
slowpoke387

All of the 1700's? I have a Vaquero and haven't noticed this. I AM pretty on top of killing the signals right away after the turn though. Wow if the bike I've had for over a year has this, I'll be embarrassed for not noticing, lol.
slowpoke387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
slowpoke387

Well after doing a search on here...I'm officially embarrassed
13 months and 1479 miles without noticing this feature. Hmm, wonder if this thing has a radio...
slowpoke387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
jp58

Quote:
13 months and 1479 miles without noticing this feature. Hmm, wonder if this thing has a radio...
I think it cancels after about 200 feet. It will not cancel while at a stop. So if you turn it on 100 ft before stoping. It will count agian after you take off and will cancel at the next 100 ft. I notice at 55 mph you turn it on. It will stay on for about 3-4 telephone polls. Then cancel.
jp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
Lunatic
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Don't be too embarrassed. I had no idea either.

I'll even do you one better.

I've had my Vaquero for a couple of weeks and this was the first weekend I had a reason to take the seat off. I stared at it. I walked around the bike. I scratched my head. Eventually, I resorted to the manual. A key. To remove the seat. Wow. I feel like I'm living the high life now.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
Bubba in TX
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I think the turn signal cancels after 1/10 of a mile distance travelled after activating.

Like all the ones I have had and have now. At times I need to hit it again before I stop as you heed to give LOTS of warning here especially in Las Vegas or you will get ran over, turned in to, or basically have some nit wit run over you. (you will get run over anyway)....

Las Vegas has the worst, rudest, don't pay attention to anything but their cell phone, don't care what happens to you drivers in the world.

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

U.S.A.F. Retired
Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired

Bubba in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
matt7even

My 900 was a blast to commute around town and the twisty back roads in. But as I started doing more highway and 2 up riding I needed something more adapt at touring so I got the Nomad. Honestly he added weight makes it less sporty handling in the twisties and the electronic throttle assist makes it SEEM less punchy at the throttle even though it's faster but comfort wise it's a huge improvement for both me and passenger when on long day trips. I would have kept my 900 too if I could but I don't regret trading it in. My Nomad is my year around primary vehicle and overall it has not let me down the last 25K miles.
Kawasaki light bar
Kuryakyn power point
RAM phone mount
Kuryakyn speakers
Scootworks engine chaps
National speedometer cowl
Wolo air horn
Oxford heated grips
Optronics driving lights
Vaquero engine emblems
Mustang touring seat
RAM drink holder
Kawasaki bag liners
Irons in the Fire rack
Kuryakyn Triple Play tail light
Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust
LED rear accent lights
Goodyear tripletred (Darkside 205-16-60)
matt7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #18
rrdutchman

Default thanks for the help

Hey guys, thanks for all the great input. I went to the dealer to get the Nomad and started looking at the Voyager again. The Voyager was what I really wanted if I was to trade up but thought it too expensive. Well, at 0, .5 and 1% financing, not much is too expensive. I bought it. I've ridden about 100 miles thus far and it is certainly nice. Very differenct feel than my 900 which was obviously more sporty and nimble. This this 1700cc engine is some kind of smooth, not matter what speed I've gotten to. I'm hoping my wife will ride with me again now that we have something more comfortable. I got the grey/black model. It looked a lot like my 900. I think I'm going to miss it, it was great fun to ride. Now that I'm riding a bit longer however, the comfort of the Voyager should be well worth it. Thanks again for all the good info. I'll post a picture soon.
rrdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrdutchman View Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the great input. I went to the dealer to get the Nomad and started looking at the Voyager again. The Voyager was what I really wanted if I was to trade up but thought it too expensive. Well, at 0, .5 and 1% financing, not much is too expensive. I bought it. I've ridden about 100 miles thus far and it is certainly nice. Very differenct feel than my 900 which was obviously more sporty and nimble. This this 1700cc engine is some kind of smooth, not matter what speed I've gotten to. I'm hoping my wife will ride with me again now that we have something more comfortable. I got the grey/black model. It looked a lot like my 900. I think I'm going to miss it, it was great fun to ride. Now that I'm riding a bit longer however, the comfort of the Voyager should be well worth it. Thanks again for all the good info. I'll post a picture soon.
Great choice!
The same swap I made.
A few more miles and that 900lb VV will start feeling a lot more nimble.
Is the grey/black a 2012 model? If not you may want to spring for the KAMS when summer comes back around.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #20
rrdutchman

Yes, it is a 2012 model. I rode yesterday for the first time at night. With the brights and the fog lights on it really lights up the road. Everything about is great so far. I do miss my highway pegs and my back rest however.
rrdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement