Any car audio / speaker guys in the house? - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #31
SoCalCruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
The Infinity has a higher sensitivity rating, but the polks are a three way instead of a two way (with a claimed 'built in crossover). Both are rated 2-100 watts RMS. Polk also has a similar 6x9 that is 2.2ohms instead of 4, but it's quite pricey.
Be sure to check the amp's capability because not all of them can handle a 2.2 ohm speaker very well. The lower the speaker impedance, the more current your amp will have to provide at a given power. The amp specs will usually mention 2 ohm loads specifically if it can handle it.
SoCalCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #32
Ronmold
Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
Not only does Vulcanrules provide excellent advice here but what amazes me is that he is typing all that advice from his Iphone!
He maybe is just speaking it.
Ronmold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #33
Vulcanrules
Premium Member

Thanks for the recognition guys... Happy to be of help. But there are also some good chaps filling in some much needed gaps with great clarity!

Ive done several car stereo installs and built an audiophile system in my car recently. Nothing too crazy. Next up may be a fairing kit just like this... Especially if I move to North Carolina (going to check out Raleigh this weekend). Ive been quite envious of some of the places you guys/gals are spoiled with. Where i live its 30+ minutes of riding just to get away from the cacophony of metro NY noise

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle
Vulcanrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #34
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrules View Post
Thanks for the recognition guys... Happy to be of help. But there are also some good chaps filling in some much needed gaps with great clarity!

Ive done several car stereo installs and built an audiophile system in my car recently. Nothing too crazy. Next up may be a fairing kit just like this... Especially if I move to North Carolina (going to check out Raleigh this weekend). Ive been quite envious of some of the places you guys/gals are spoiled with. Where i live its 30+ minutes of riding just to get away from the cacophony of metro NY noise

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle
Raleigh County still has a lot of sub division type living. I know Big and Small places are relative to what you are used to. Raleigh would be moving to a BIG place for me. I have never been NY and do not know but by the way you are talking this would be a change to a smaller place.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #35
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmold View Post
He maybe is just speaking it.
Oh yeah, forgot about Ms Siri.
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement