Getting a new 900 soon! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Cheesefood

Default Getting a new 900 soon!

SO I had a really nice 2007 900 custom, then bumped into a tree, took it to a dealership to get fixed only to have the dealership try to screw my insurance company, which cost me my bike (totaled).

I've been heartbroken about it, but today I found a new 2007 900 custom. This one has 10k more miles, but V&H pipes and a few other upgrades. Best part is that it's $2k less than insurance paid me for the one they totaled!

Getting a nice bike for $3500. Picking it up Saturday. Sooooo happy.

Yeah, too cold to ride any time soon but I'm thinking of parking it on my sun porch over winter and looking for a deal on saddlebags.
Cheesefood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Denis

Congrats. Funny how things happen sometimes.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Vulcar

What did they do with the other bike? Were you able to keep it also?

2007 VN900 Classic LT (Dragon Theme)
Cobra- Pipes, FI2000, Passenger Floor boards, Engine guard and luggage rack.
Memphis Shade with 9" windshield.
Mustang seat
Chrome covers for neck, radiator, Rear brake Master Cylinder, and regulator.
Kuryakan Grips
RC Components Nitro Chrome wheels w/ Night Dragon Tires.
Çobra Power Flo breather
Vulcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Watch out for trees this time . Have you asked the insurance what it would cost to buy yours back from them?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Aleco

As Tony the Tiger said"Grrrrrrrrrreat"

Vulcar, when the insurance company pays for a total loss, they keep the bike, it belongs to them, you even have to sign papers to change the owner. And then they screw someone else to get their money back.
Aleco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Comanche

Garage

It's always good to hear the consumer get a good deal after companies and insurance providers are always out to get us and double-dip us by overcharging us on top of that. Glad you got something you will like dude.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Cyclesarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleco View Post

Vulcar, when the insurance company pays for a total loss, they keep the bike, it belongs to them, you even have to sign papers to change the owner. And then they screw someone else to get their money back.
Then they have to dispose of the bike somehow. A lot of times the owner can buy them back, saves the insurance company the trouble of having to haul it to the insurance salvage pool or whatever else they might do with it.
Cyclesarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
Aleco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
It's always good to hear the consumer get a good deal after companies and insurance providers are always out to get us and double-dip us by overcharging us on top of that. Glad you got something you will like dude.
It happened to me with my car. I was parked and a lady crash me when she was backing up, the insurance company paid for the damages of my car, I bought the broken parts, but did not fixed the car bc of time, few weeks after that some one else crash my car on the same spot, again a claim was filed on a different company, andthey also paid for the parts that i already had bought on the first claim. So i got paid twice for the same damage...it was so sweet.
Aleco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
clayton89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleco View Post
It happened to me with my car. I was parked and a lady crash me when she was backing up, the insurance company paid for the damages of my car, I bought the broken parts, but did not fixed the car bc of time, few weeks after that some one else crash my car on the same spot, again a claim was filed on a different company, andthey also paid for the parts that i already had bought on the first claim. So i got paid twice for the same damage...it was so sweet.
I'd say you got lucky. I believe since your car was already F*****D from the first accident, the second is only responsible for additional damages. So if they knew it was still wrecked and unfixed from previous accident, they may not have owed you a dime.

But congrats on the win!!!
clayton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleco View Post
it happened to me with my car. I was parked and a lady crash me when she was backing up, the insurance company paid for the damages of my car, i bought the broken parts, but did not fixed the car bc of time, few weeks after that some one else crash my car on the same spot, again a claim was filed on a different company, andthey also paid for the parts that i already had bought on the first claim. So i got paid twice for the same damage...it was so sweet.
Right on dude! Right on! Hahahaha!
Advertisement