Previous Owner's Problems Inherited - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 800

Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #31
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
Umm it doesn't happen. Once a user is banned, all his past posts will show his new user title as banned.
Can you just name yourself "Banned" like apparently you can call yourself "Top Contributor"?

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
pacomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomutt View Post
Can you just name yourself "Banned" like apparently you can call yourself "Top Contributor"?
Name yourself? Sounds like you are referring to the username, I was addressing the user title and it cannot be changed by the user. The "Top Contributor" user title changes automatically based on number of posts.
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #33
XCR600
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Ok, so here's the deal. Since the bike was new to me I gave this thing a thorough inspection and servicing. I replaced parts here and there that needed to be replaced according to OEM specs and got it running.

Installed the following: new wiring harness because old one was too hacked up by PO, a new CDI because it was cracked and out of specs, faulty R/R out of specs, old frayed pickup coil, old frayed positive & negative battery cables, new tank assembly. It's running now so I'm taking the beast out today to fine tune the carb.

Does anyone recommend using a little PermaTex High-Temp Red around the aluminum ring gaskets for the exhaust pipes to seal them better? I've done it on my HD's in the past so just wondering what you Vulcans do besides tightening to OEM torque specs.

Thanks for all your help and input gentlemen.
These should be crush fit gaskets , no sealant needed. I used some anti seize on the flange bolts though.
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn long horn hwy pegs
Wille&Max saddle bags
XCR600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #34
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR600 View Post
These should be crush fit gaskets , no sealant needed. I used some anti seize on the flange bolts though.
Roger that, XCR6. Have a good holiday.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
Name yourself? Sounds like you are referring to the username, I was addressing the user title and it cannot be changed by the user. The "Top Contributor" user title changes automatically based on number of posts.
Yes, the area that changes automatically showed Banned underneath his User ID. It was hilarious to me how that could happen and dude's posts bordered on the rude side so I can only imagine what he posted to piss off people and deserve such a dubious distinction and title. Haha!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #36
XCR600
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Roger that, XCR6. Have a good holiday.
Funny thing about this is , I just got a Harley and I'm changing the exhaust once it gets here. So I should use some red RTV on the flange gaskets ?
It's a 88 BT.
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn long horn hwy pegs
Wille&Max saddle bags
XCR600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR600 View Post
Funny thing about this is , I just got a Harley and I'm changing the exhaust once it gets here. So I should use some red RTV on the flange gaskets ?
It's a 88 BT.
XCR6, use the UltrBlack! My bad for mis-communicating here. I was thinking red at the time due to my little niece asking me which color balloon matched her hair ribbon. Haha! Sorry for the momentary lapse in thought. Just use a small amount around the mouth and gaskets and torque to specs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement