Happy Veterans Day! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Non-motorcycle Discussions > The Lounge (Off Topic)

Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium

Default Happy Veterans Day!

tenminimum

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger

Last edited by pacomutt; 05-24-2013 at 07:37 AM.
pacomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
bamadrive

Thank you 7years Army

And thanks to all the other Vets on here
bamadrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Yeppers,

Thanks to those who served.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

I offer my deepest appreciation to those who served and those who are serving.
And pray for comfort and a safe return to those who are stationed overseas.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
AZPoseur

I served from December 1973 to December 1979, which technically makes me a Vietnam Veteran. Too many young men of my generation died over there and too many more were wounded or otherwise traumatized. For what? Vietnam fell to communism anyway and today we are at peace with them. My son's roommate in college is from a very capitalist family in Vietnam.

There is honor is service to your country. This is true no matter what army you might have served in. Many have been drafted and in many ways the draftee deserves a greater salute than those of us who volunteered. I met a lot of draftees who served with honor and courage. Maybe you had to live through a time with a draft and have been possibly subject to it to understand. Maybe you had to watch those say, "My country calls and I will not run to Canada." to know.

Yesterday and today we remember and honor all of those who served. On Memorial Day we remember only those who gave everything. I find Vietnam Wall memories to be inappropriate for Veterans Day and I find honoring those of us who served and lived to be inappropriate on Memorial Day.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Robotic
Lifetime Premium

I am proud of my service to my country. Active duty US Army 1978-1986. Reserves til 1996. Have to say I enjoyed my active duty time. My time was easy compared to the active duty personnel now serving. I pray for everyone' s safe return to their families who sacrifice along with them.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
brian614
Lifetime Premium

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan -- to do all which may achieve and cherish a just, and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

An excerpt from Abraham Lincolns 2nd Inaugural address.

God Bless America, and all those who serve its cause.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
Gray Ghost
Top Contributor

Thanks to all fellow veterans. You're always welcome to stop while riding through my area for a rest and meal. USMC 1968-1974.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Thank you all for your service. We may not agree always with what our government or our individuals states do, we may not like some of our politicians, our boss, or even some of our neighbors. But when it all comes down to it not one of us would rather be anywhere else! We love this country and it is the way it is because of the extraordinary men and women who have truly earned the right to call themselves 'American'.

I know this is an American holiday but I also want to say thank you to our friends on this forum from our many allied nations who have served right along side us time and time again, often in fights they truly had no reason to be in other than to continue their commitment as our allies.

Thank you!

-John

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
CDavid

Default Thanks

I like to thanks each person for remember on veterans day. Got out of school ,married ,got drafted all in the same month. uncle Sam s wedding present. 1967 Vietnam Dec.67 to Dec 68. Look at what we wore back then to what they have to ware today. Don t think my a$$ would have made it. I really thanks the men & women that serving today.
CDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement