Darkside yes or no? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > Wheels and Tires

Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
blood nut

Garage
Default Darkside yes or no?

I have a vn1500 classic, the first of the good looking vulcans not the ugly but fast ones, had a new tyre on it when I got it, need to replace it after only 3500 clicks, thinkin I should go the darkside tyre, I have done my home work on running in tyre pressure and other pro's n con's. Just wondrin if there are any negative feedback in the forum DS tyres or if anyone knows what tyre would suit my 96 model, I have been to the darkside forum and tyre selection chart and even though I assume vn's are much the same there is not a 96 listed,. I know this is probably trivial but experience talks and BS walks. anyone have a thought. cheers to all (:{~

Last edited by blood nut; 11-11-2012 at 08:55 PM.
blood nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Steammaker
Top Contributor

I'd go for it... I'm gonna try it next time I need a rear tire...
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
blood nut

Garage
Default RE:Darkside

I ended up getting a 195/55/16 tire, It looks huge, havn't had it fitted yet, gotta pull the back wheel off, probably not that big a deal, gonna wait till I got time to do it, waiting on a thermo fan switch from the states aswell so I cant ride until that is fixed (:{~
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
blood nut

Garage
Default RE:Darkside

O.K. I pulled the back wheel off and threw the tire in wivout a rim to see how it went for clearance. The tire was too wide, Igot a185 mm space and a 195 tire so I guess I will have to take the tire back. (:{~ So I gues I see now why a 96 model isn't grouped in with later models in the forum material. I guess the swing arm are narrow on that early model, I will make and entry on the darkside forum once I have the specs.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Dent6

Why would you put a car tire on a motor cycle? But I do put mc tires on my car ! Just kidding
1977 Honda 400 Four
Vespa LX Scooter 150cc
Genuine Buddy Scooter 125cc
And finally the little beast and my favorite
Genuine Buddy Scooter 50cc
Dent6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
Silly wol
Premium Member

Well I just fitted a 175/50/16 car tyre to my 1500 nomad (it's great) and after looking at my 96 classic D1 they are the same swingarm so it should fit that too.
Silly wol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #7
blood nut

Garage

yeah, I live in australia and you cant get tires that size here, and to find a tyre fitter willing to do it is rarer than the tyre, so I guess I am stuck with mc,, thanks for your reply anyways, I appreciate the feed back (;{~
Old 05-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
Silly wol
Premium Member

Hey Blood nut READ my location.
I'm in Perth and just today out of curiosity put a 175/60 16 Federal car tyre on the front.
Don't do it! I will be putting the side car on this bike tomorrow but took it out for a ride solo oooooooh. I get my tyres from Ian Diffan over here and fit them myself at work.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #9
Silly wol
Premium Member

Where abouts in Oz are you Blood Nut? I know people all over this wide brown land of ours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement